De_view Update

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• De_view Update

I have released an update for de_view. You can download the update here.
    Thanks for all your feedback guys!

http://www.spoonkill.com/de_view.htm

Changes

-Added 35/35 spawn locations
    -Walled in spawn locations to prevent spawn sniping
    -Easier to climb ladders
    -Full soundscape (sorry about the cow)
    -.NAV is included in the download.

Re: De_view Update

Sounds great, thanks! Where's Wyz when we need him?? :)

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Right here, I am. :)

I'll get the new de_view on the server before the hour's out.
      Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

de_view_update1 is on the server.
        Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

I liked it. The protected spawns seemed to work out a lot better.

Comment

oooooohhhh
            Gotta get this installed.

Thanx Spoonkill :)

[tg-c1][conduct]

Chuck Norris can believe it's not butter

Comment

Ok folks... just because the T's cannot be sniped IN their spawn does not give the CTs the go ahead to bottleneck them right AT their spawn. We have the same problem that we did with the last map. The CTs rush to snipe / shoot the Ts as they run out of their spawn.

This leads the Ts to have to hurry their decision, otherwise several CTs are on the garage and in the towers ready to shoot the first T to step out of their spawn.

To me this map will never be played PCS style if the CTs are always doing this.
              |TG-12th| asch
              sigpic

Comment

Interesting.. The Ts probably could use another exit from their spawn, but that'd only be a stop-gap. Something needs to block the line of sight into their spawn area..

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

a simple over hang would do the trick spoon. but i agree ct's are jumping out pretty far in this map or just getting on a tower and taking pot shots

- -

Comment

Anyone else having performance issues with the updated view? The old view seemed okay for me. Perhaps I just never noticed the slowdowns.
                    Rm 14:2 NIV
                    One man's faith allows him to eat everything, but another man, whose faith is weak, eats only vegetables.

Comment

Yeah, I've had some lag with the new update. I thought it was just my machine or the connection at the time, but after a map switch I was ok.
                      |TG-12th| asch
                      sigpic

Comment

IMHO, *honest being the super-key word* de_view is notthing but deathmatch, end of story. Whenever I play, WHENEVER I play, the bomb has been planted a total of about 3 or 4 times after my playing the map 14 or 15 full rotations........... This is pathetic, sad. There isn't a point in even planting, you'll just die no matter what. The map is too big, not setup right, and severly promotes DM with its layout. I do not care if it stays on our server, I attempt to plant with absolutely no support becuase everyone knows they will die if they run out. But w/e ya know, I have no problem craftily sneaking up behind each and every one of you for the kill before i even think about planting
                        We are the music makers,
                        and we are the dreamers of the dream.
                        Wandering by lone sea breakers,
                        and sitting by desolate streams.
                        World losers and world forsakers,
                        for whom the pale moon gleams.
                        Yet we are movers and the shakers of the world forever it seems.

Comment

That's strange.. I see the bomb planted more often than not. Planting at A can be difficult though, unless the Ts rush there right away.

Oh, and the H should stand for humble, particularly around here.

Comment

Humble? This is one thing I am not. However, I know this is an issue and I am taking it upon myself to do everything in my power to rearrange my personal attitude. However, I used *honest* because I was being completely honest at the time. For future use I shall certainly take this into account. In addition, I have only had the opportunity to play this map with a select few of you. I play late at night much of the time. This is when I have experienced the distress I previously spoke of. Most all of you aren't online past 11:00PM Eastern.
                            We are the music makers,
                            and we are the dreamers of the dream.
                            Wandering by lone sea breakers,
                            and sitting by desolate streams.
                            World losers and world forsakers,
                            for whom the pale moon gleams.
                            Yet we are movers and the shakers of the world forever it seems.

Comment

Having played this map a lot because i like it a lot, i've not found it ever getting very DM. Maybe this is down to the players on at the time with you, Fox? i've noticed that the earlier it gets in the morning (for me on GMT) the more pubbies turn up and can mangle any map into a DM, but whenever i've played it - usually when there's enough regulars on that i trust to switch to it - more often than not it'll end in a booom or a defusal.

i haven't played the updated version yet, but as i'm here....Spoonkill, there are a couple of bugs in it you may not be aware of (or you've already fixed in the update).

One is the second tree near CT spawn. A few times teammates have gone up in it, or even just stood at the base, and it isn't long before they're crying that they're stuck like forlorn, daft cats.

The other one i've noticed, which is far less important, is that if you launch yourself out of the high windowed buildings above B, and shoot out the B ceiling windows on your way down, then you can fall through the shattered window, but without leaving a body sized hole behind you. Does that make sense? Or even any difference? If it doesn't, don't worry about it...

Anyway, i still think it's a great map and has loads of PCS potential once it's tweaked properly.

Edit: Also, what i'd love to see, but doubt that it's even possible, is for it to get darker and lighter as the rounds go on. And rain. Wanna see rain! And thunderbolts!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X