Maps

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maps

I think that we all have problems with different maps. There are millions of maps out there, some ignorant, some cool.

I, personally, am going to go and start looking for new maps that will be good for PCS standards and post the links in this thread.

If we all could do the same, then it would work out good.

I think that if we had more maps in our rotation then people would be willing to endure the ones they don't like to play the ones they do.

The rotation, also, could be changed. Some people don't like nuke, so why not put office after nuke? This way our late nighters will have players returning after the map is over. Everyone likes office.

I'm going to post here the maps I find as soon as I find them, and wait for Wyz's go. I'll find one, post it, let Wyz or other admins look at it for a yes or a no, then find another. Sooner or later, I hope to see so many maps in our rotation that we don't play the same map twice in a 4 hour period.

But remember, if we do decide to go ahead with this, placement of the maps is crucial. We can't have 2 or 3 maps in a row that are okay maps but not that great. We need an okay map, a great map, an okay map, a great map etc etc etc.

-Mom
    Yer Mom /O>

To all but me is the look given but never received. My heart sinks faster and faster every time I look into them, yet I do not understand their controling power on my soul. - W11114m W45h1n670n

Re: Maps

Great idea! New PCS maps would be good. Try them out and submit them for trial.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Yer Mom
      But remember, if we do decide to go ahead with this, placement of the maps is crucial. We can't have 2 or 3 maps in a row that are okay maps but not that great. We need an okay map, a great map, an okay map, a great map etc etc etc.
      How about only great maps?

There used to be thousands of maps for CS. Is it the same for cs:s?

There is a seperate debate as to weather custom maps are going to atract or put off players and (crucially) which players would be attracted or put off.
      Wintermute

Play EVE online. It's like being an accounting addict in space.

Comment

in the case of CS: S good maps are rare. Some are coming along but they are newborn still. Just about everyone in cs: s wants new maps.

- -

Comment

I'm a big fan of the de_rats map. I remember there used to be one that was in a bedroom as well, but I haven't seen that one yet?

http://halflife2.filefront.com/file/...Rats_Map;32600

The Muffin Man

Comment

The bedroom map should have been "your too small" or something along those lines, and it was a map that was ported to TFC, DM, and CS.
            "There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those who know binary and those who do not. "

Comment

i'm checking out another version of militia. I'll let you guys know how it is.

- -

Comment

I found 3 or four maps this morning. One was cs_swamp. It look alright.

Change of atmosphere atleast.

I found a lot of maps, but most of them are DM maps. I'm going to make a collection instead of one at a time. Changed my mind. I left them downloading on my comp before I left... I'll post links tonight, if you want.

Gonna run them before I post them though.

-Mom
                Yer Mom /O>

To all but me is the look given but never received. My heart sinks faster and faster every time I look into them, yet I do not understand their controling power on my soul. - W11114m W45h1n670n

Comment

Just found a page with a total of 411 custom CSS maps... I can't possibly go through all of these as there are 93 de_ maps and 32 cs_ maps on top of TONS of other prefixed maps...

Take a look...

http://www.csbanana.com/?section=vie...maptype.main.2

-Mom
                  Yer Mom /O>

Comment

Originally posted by grey
                    The bedroom map should have been "your too small" or something along those lines, and it was a map that was ported to TFC, DM, and CS.
                    The bedroom map was given away on the DVD with last months PC gamer in the UK. Fortunately, I just happen to have it. When the new issues come in, we only have to send the covers back to get credit. The staff get to keep the mags and cover discs :-)

If anyone wants the map I'll either email it or ftp it.

Root
                    BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

So, has anyone looked at the maps and reviewed? I looked at one called deadcity... it was awesome... but I got it from another site..

-Mom
                      Yer Mom /O>

Comment

Originally posted by Yer Mom
                        So, has anyone looked at the maps and reviewed? I looked at one called deadcity... it was awesome... but I got it from another site..

-Mom
                        I thought that's what you were doing?
                        Become a supporting member!
                        Buy a Tactical Duck!
                        Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                        TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

I am... I'm looking at them in what little time I have, but like I said, there are damn near 93 de_ maps alone... That'd take me 3 years to do :D heh

I looked at a few, swamp was nice, and deadcity was too... I downloaded one called like warzone and it made my comp crap on it's motherboard...

-Mom
                          Yer Mom /O>

Comment

a guy over at Verc is releasing his CS_jungle map, but i believe it's going to be an all dm style map but we shall see.

On a side note i'm fixing up some nodes for hossies in my map and it's finished.

- -

Comment

Okay... update...

This link is for a map called cs_hurst_beta1...

It look great...

http://www.gamesxposed.com/mirror/ma...1104624094.zip

Next is cs_thunder_ti

It looks the best so far, I haven't run it yet, but just the screen shots made it look awesome enough for me to post it... This is the link for the screenshots and down below them is the download button...

http://www.csbanana.com/?section=vie....map.main.4479

Now I'm going to de_

This one is called de_deadcity

It looks pretty cool. I haven't played it either. Going over screen shots at school, gonna play them tonight...

http://www.csbanana.com/?section=vie....map.main.4427

And for the last one for now...

http://www.csbanana.com/?section=vie....map.main.3759

Bunch of boxes it looks like, haven't run it either... I ran one this morning successfully, but it sucked...

These are just ones that look good screenshot wise... no idea about gameplay and entire map untill later today...

-Mom
                              Yer Mom /O>

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X