Voice Software

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voice Software

I'm considering getting a voice software program. What do you reccommend for software and hardware to use to talk in Counterstrike?

Re: Voice Software

If you're not using the in-game comms, I suggest you use Tactical Gamer's TeamSpeak2 server. Any cheap mic will do, too, but I prefer stereo headphones with an attached boom mic.
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Muchas gracias! I'll give it a try.

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
        If you're not using the in-game comms, I suggest you use Tactical Gamer's TeamSpeak2 server. Any cheap mic will do, too, but I prefer stereo headphones with an attached boom mic.
        Can anyone tell me the difference between "in-game comms" and "TeamSpeak2"?
        Last edited by Buck Fush; 03-08-2005, 03:08 PM. Reason: Forgot punctuation.

Comment

In game is what you are using now. TS would require you to connect to another TS server, and then you will only be able to be heard by people on that TS server. Not currently for use in our CSS games.

BTW, have you checked your private messages?

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Tempus
            BTW, have you checked your private messages?
            Yes. I got it. Thanks for checking tho.

Buck Fush IS Evil.

Comment

So, if Teamspeak isn't being used on the CSS games then what software programs are being used to talk in CSS? Or do you just use a mic and headphones and don't need any extra software?

Comment

That is correct.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost
                  So, if Teamspeak isn't being used on the CSS games then what software programs are being used to talk in CSS? Or do you just use a mic and headphones and don't need any extra software?
                  The software is built into Counterstrike and Half life. You just need the hardware.

For other games such as Ghost Recon it is not built in and you need seperate software. We use Teamspeak here.
                  Wintermute

Play EVE online. It's like being an accounting addict in space.

Comment

I personally prefer to use teamspeak vor voice comms. The built in comms in CSS always sounds garbled to me, either the person on the other end has their mic shoved down their throat, or has a mouthful of peanut butter.

The Muffin Man

Comment

The Miles codec used for CSS is dookie. It's low rate and generally icky. HL1 supports the Speex codec; why HL2 doesn't baffles me.
                      [volun2]
                      NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
                      Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
                      <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
                      <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Originally posted by The Muffin Man
                        I personally prefer to use teamspeak vor voice comms. The built in comms in CSS always sounds garbled to me, either the person on the other end has their mic shoved down their throat, or has a mouthful of peanut butter.

Agreed, TeamSpeak is by far superior. The quality is nearly as good as chatting on the phone.

A good man stands up for himself. A great man stands up for others.

Comment

Originally posted by Usarion
                          Agreed, TeamSpeak is by far superior. The quality is nearly as good as chatting on the phone.
                          Actually, depending on the CODEC that you use, it is far, far superior to a standard telephone...

Comment

Originally posted by IceCold
                            Actually, depending on the CODEC that you use, it is far, far superior to a standard telephone...
                            Can you use Teamspeak playing CSS? And, if you can, then can everyone on your team hear you, not just the others using Teamspeak?

Comment

Teamspeak is a program which allows you to speak to anyone else using teamspeak. Think of it as a messenger client using voice instead of IM's. As long as everyone on your team is using teamspeak then everyone on your team will be able to hear you. You can use teamspeak in association with any game since it is an instance in itself and requires nothing from any game to run.

Visit the Teamspeak home below and read through the FAQ's if you have further questions.

Visit the homepage: http://www.goteamspeak.com/news.php

The Muffin Man

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X