Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Learning the PCS map rotation

Hey guys,

Anyone have a good idea on how to learn the maps of the PCS rotation without playing live? I'm all for learning on the go, but for me knowing a map is half the battle, and exploring while people are shooting isn't always the best way to go. I try to go on the server and walk around when noone's around, but then I can only try one map at a time as it doesn't rotate without a proper game going.

Thanks in advance!

Re: Learning the PCS map rotation

I find the best way to learn is to by play. This way you also learn the chokes and timing of when enemies approach certain areas.

Comment

You play you learn its the best way.

Comment

It's a lot of work but what you could do, is get on the server, and in console type "listmaps". then it gives you the server map list. Write down whichever maps you don't know yet and download em off of Fpsbanana or Lanmaniax or whatever your site of choice, and then run around in them on your own game.

heres how you do that:
        download the files, put the map file in the cstrike/maps folder, then load up the game and go to create server (or game, whatever the **** it is), then it's in the map list, find it, load it up. bam, learn up.
        "Be careful guys, he's got a gun"
        - Sparhawxx

Comment

What conen said. If you already have the map downloaded, cool.
          But yeah, start a server, then find the map. Start up, play. This lets you run around and learn the basics of the map. But only by playing will you learn all the little nooks and crannies. Because we'll be in them. Waiting for you. DIE!
          "Sympathy means a lot, coming from Kulmar. I didn't think it was possible.
          Good luck getting rid of your disease. If you're infected, though, stay away--I can't afford to be a zombie right now.
          " Ednos

sigpic

Comment

I wouldn't worry yourself about learning all the maps. It seems that we only play a select few each day.

Comment

You could also go on the server on a non lockdown day when it's empty and select spectate to browse around, that's usually how I learn maps majority of times.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X