pcs_junglerescue public beta release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: pcs_junglerescue public beta release

Ever see the movie The Philadelphia Experiment?

[img=http://img183.exs.cx/img183/7333/pcsjunglerescue00435dk.th.jpg]

Comment

ty for the feedback guys. The nav mesh just needs to be altered for better hostage following. Didnt know bout the spot at ct spawn. the area that was not filled is skybox and ill have that fixed np.

what about the movie john?

- -

Comment

I listened to the sounds for the map and they sound great, has valve fix it so you can hear the sounds during gameplay

Comment

not yet but im gonna try a few things to get around it.

- -

Comment

Originally posted by ><JohnGalt><
            Rescuing the hostages from the top of the map is like watching two blind men rying to walk through a maze, thy seem to have trouble with everything. One time I found them frolicking in the pond together.
            LMAO.......

Please Don't stop w/ this Vulcan..... It's starting to get dialed...

Comment

Oh im not stopping in the least bit, but i like to have a level designed on paper so i can immediately pick up on it when im ready to.

This map still has alot of fixing!

- -

Comment

Update:

Things are going well, I have been told that it is extremely difficult for the CT's to succeed in the map, I kinda already knew that but I made a few tiny changes that will go a good distance at helping them succeed.

The next and hopefully final update should be sometime this weekend /crosses fingers.

There is a little suprised packed in as well :D no i won't tell you what it is :P

- -

Comment

Updates are going well. I had to redo the terrain in a manner of speaking but i'm adding more things into so it's no as WIDELY open.

I've gotten very little feedback and that disturbs me. I know some people like it and others don't like it at all. I'd like to know what somebody doesn't like about it so i can remedy it in some ways, if possible.

Don't be afraid to tell me you don't like the map, that's worse than anything. I don't care if people don't like it i wanna know what you don't like about it.

- -

Comment

Galt likes it in a creepy stalker way....

its a good map dude, keep up the updates...my main issue with it, is the frame rate, outside of that, its an awesome map

Comment

Just to be clear.. When you update the map on the server, are the updates automatically downloaded to our computers? Or do we need to download it again?

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

unless i get somebody to help with bspzip, which it doesn't look like it's going to happen, everybody will have to go through the same process again.

EDIT
                        Most of the stuff is the same, just a few changes to a couple materials, so maybe i'll just list the ones that need to be changed and have them deleted.

- -

Comment

Originally posted by Vulcan
                          Don't be afraid to tell me you don't like the map, that's worse than anything. I don't care if people don't like it i wanna know what you don't like about it.
                          I don't like the fact that it seems so difficult to download/install/delete. If you can't make it so that I can download it from the game server, then I won't be trying it... It shouldn't be released for beta, IMO, unless you can at least distribute it properly...
                          Become a supporting member!
                          Buy a Tactical Duck!
                          Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                          TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

well it actually does download from the server properly, it's steam that does not overwrite files. But the fact that there are so many bugs with the sdk and cs, you can expect to play valve content only maps unless you wanna do a little work.

- -

Comment

If you already have the file, does it even download the file at all? Doesn't it just skip the download of filenames it already sees on your disk? No matter.. either way...

Steam doesn't fail to overwrite files not distributed by Valve. Steam chooses to not overwrite files not distributed by Valve. Given the potential for abuse otherwise, I endorse this choice.

I recommend you change the filename of your map with every file's changed beta release. If you do that, the server will always serve the new files correctly.
                              Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Put a _b# after the name of the map. pcs_junglerescue_b1 b2 b3 b4...

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                                X