• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: pcs_junglerescue public beta release

Stuff I like...
    Thick grass to hide.. slows down gameplay
    Sniper slot just by the waterfall...
    The land undulations... crouching in dips etc...

Stuff I would like changed...
    More entry points for CT's
    Hostage AI seems shaky...
    I think it should take a little more time for the CT's to get to the sniper point...

Comment

Originally posted by Vulcan
      well it actually does download from the server properly
      Hmmm, not for me.

Comment

that's good for the bsp but since i can't embed my materials yet (even after a complete reinstall) this doesn't work for the other materials. So what i have done is moved all the materials into a seperate folder and these are final so they won't need to be changed again and nobody has to delete anything.

Icecold if you have a problem with the download post what it is please or nobody can help you. afaik everyone else had no problems downloading the files.

I've made changes to help the CT's dog, though the sniper spot at the waterfall is pretty vulnerable already, i don't think i'll make it harder to get up there.

- -

Comment

Icecold if you have a problem with the download post what it is please or nobody can help you. afaik everyone else had no problems downloading the files.
          I've heard quite a few other people say they have the same problem: when trying to connect to the CS server when it's running your map, it simply doesn't download. The progress bar appears to start downloading it, but there's simply no progress. It doesn't download.

Comment

that's good for the bsp but since i can't embed my materials yet (even after a complete reinstall) this doesn't work for the other materials. So what i have done is moved all the materials into a seperate folder and these are final so they won't need to be changed again and nobody has to delete anything.

I've made changes to help the CT's dog, though the sniper spot at the waterfall is pretty vulnerable already, i don't think i'll make it harder to get up there.
            I think the change to sunset helped... I think it could be cool to have some more gameplay around the water as well....

I think the part that I find amazing is that no matter how you design something... the human nature aspect takes it to a whole new level.. both positively and negatively... Are you seeing players play in ways that are very different from your intent?
            Finding clever ways to exploit the map?

just curious

Comment

Icecold, That i have heard of but i'm unsure as to what may cause it, if it's a problem with to many people trying to download or just a problem with using res files.

Dog, the water poses a little bit of a problem with CS. It's not really meant to be played in due to high fps rendering the water or it's overall lag that goes with it. I could make it super cheap water but i enjoy the look of it more than actually playing in it. It is possible to use the water as cover though.

People are playing it the way i intended but most people just want to go back to the corridors where they only have to aim in one or two directions. I dunno if that will ever change.

- -

Comment

Vulcan when the final map is released maybe they can put the link as a sticky on the forums, that more players will dwnld it from the forums and less well have to dwnld it in game.

Comment

I'm not quite sure how i can add more entry points for the ct's, They have 3 currently and one of those splits into 2. I can't take out mountains or hills in there because they are helping seal the middle area. I could however make another cave but that would require a bit of work. I wouldn't mind doing it though if you guys agree that the ct's need another way. I'm up for suggestions.

- -

Comment

well it actually does download from the server properly
                    Well, I've waited on the game server for at least 20 minutes without it even starting to download. In fact, I haven't been able to find a single person that downloaded the map from the game server. I have no idea if this is a problem with the map or a problem with the way the server is configured for fast map downloads or what... It's definitely not related to the number of people trying to download it, because I've tried it when nobody else was on the server, too.
                    Become a supporting member!
                    Buy a Tactical Duck!
                    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

This is news to me. I only ever download maps from the server, so the map being on my system is evidence for an argument that server downloads worked at one time. I'll re-test server downloads tonight. Perhaps something about ... something . ... has changed... although I can't imagine what it would have been.
                      Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

aye i've also downloaded the files from the server. That was one of the first things we tested. Is anyone capable of making an installer for the map that will just do a basic paste of folders? That will help out when people download the map they can just install it without extra work.

- -

Comment

Vulcan, are you using the bspzip tool to compile everything into one bsp? Or is there some other problem preventing a single bsp map?

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

yes i'm using bspzip, or winbspzip. Both have the same issue, when the files are zipped into it all my cubemaps get an unknown shader "patch" error. I've posted in VERC several times about it.

On another note, i'm thinking maybe i should put all the hostages on the top?

- -

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
                              Well, I've waited on the game server for at least 20 minutes without it even starting to download. In fact, I haven't been able to find a single person that downloaded the map from the game server. I have no idea if this is a problem with the map or a problem with the way the server is configured for fast map downloads or what... It's definitely not related to the number of people trying to download it, because I've tried it when nobody else was on the server, too.
                              I've downloaded from the server twice.. before and after the last update... getting stuff deleted just required some attention to detail on my part... (I have a short supply)....

gl

Comment

yes i'm using bspzip, or winbspzip. Both have the same issue, when the files are zipped into it all my cubemaps get an unknown shader "patch" error. I've posted in VERC several times about it.

On another note, i'm thinking maybe i should put all the hostages on the top?
                                I was thinking of that w/ my previous comments... at this point they seem to be a money collection point for ct's... and t's don't seem to stray there too much when I've been on the map...

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                                X