A note about Tourney scheduling -- please read

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A note about Tourney scheduling -- please read

Guys, I just want to make a comment about our scheduling process.. Right now, we are waiting until our matches are over to begin deliberating our next match. Unfortunately, since most of the matches are at the end of the week, this means that we don't start discussing the next match until Saturday or Sunday. What this does is essentially make early week (such as Monday or Tuesday) matches impossible, thus limiting the number of days to choose from for the next match.

So, please don't be afraid to start talking about the next week's match before this one's played. Hopefully, this will make scheduling easier for everyone.

Also, a reminder to everyone... When we signed up to play in this tourney, one of the requirements was the ability to be flexible with our schedules. If you can only play a couple of days a week, that's not very flexible, and makes scheduling matches harder than they already naturally are. Anyway, we've all done a pretty good job so far, but it's worth keeping in mind going forward.

:icon22:

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Re: A note about Tourney scheduling -- please read

I think in the next tourny it would be useful to have hard requirements for being able to play on particular days.
    Twisted Firestarter
    a.k.a |TG| Harkonian
    sigpic

Comment

Perhaps for the next tourney (if there is one), the dates for matches should be predetermined? Instead of waiting to hear from everyone as to when they can do it, when by that time it is already into the weekend as Tempus had brought up. There's 6 teams and 7 days, a team a day would be ideal for however many weeks the tourney is going to commence. That way you would know when every match for the next # weeks would be and if you either needed to find coverage or alter your private schedule as needed.

Generally I am available 4 out of 7 days, it becomes difficult when the date is in the air until the day of the match (IMO).

Also, another point that may help. Can the players on each team communicate with their captains a week in advance for what days are good for them and make a hard date between the two captains of the competing teams? I think that would be easier than everyone posting their schedules and the general insanity that ensues.

The Muffin Man

Comment

I also think that the tourney weeks should go Monday through Sunday, so that the entire weekend is available for scheduling for a particular match...
        Become a supporting member!
        Buy a Tactical Duck!
        Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
        TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

I'm pretty sure there will be another tourney.

I have toyed around with the idea of just saying "Hey, the tourney matches will be on Tuesday and Thursday nights. If you can play those nights, then join the tourney. If not, I'm sorry." But I don't know how many people will just not be able to participiate if that's the case. It's something I will keep in the back of my mind though, as too much of the players' energies are being spent on just scheduling.

I also think that the tourney weeks should go Monday through Sunday
          I think that's assumed now. Last week a match was played on Sunday, and it was no big deal.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X