Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apologizing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Apologizing

    When you TK someone, there can in fact be certain times you want to apologize. Mistakes happen people. We all do stupid things. We all click mouse1 even though we know the guy in our crosshairs is on our team. Deal with it.

    Now, what I have noticed that actually does anger me: People stopping to type an apology in the middle of the round. The pubs usually don't care, it's TG regs and members I've noticed this mainly from. Guys, we're all friends here, I'm not going to take it personally if you don't apologize for TKing me, and a DAMN sure won't if you're in the middle of a firefight.

    You messed up, big deal: stay in the fight and keep moving. There is no easier target then one not moving and unable to retaliate.

  • #2
    Re: Apologizing

    i don't like making mistakes, and when i TK or hurt a teammate, i WILL apologize...like it or not.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Apologizing

      dont type it.. use voicecomm to say it :)


      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Apologizing

        Originally posted by TheFeniX
        When you TK someone, there can in fact be certain times you want to apologize. Mistakes happen people. We all do stupid things. We all click mouse1 even though we know the guy in our crosshairs is on our team. Deal with it.

        Now, what I have noticed that actually does anger me: People stopping to type an apology in the middle of the round. The pubs usually don't care, it's TG regs and members I've noticed this mainly from. Guys, we're all friends here, I'm not going to take it personally if you don't apologize for TKing me, and a DAMN sure won't if you're in the middle of a firefight.

        You messed up, big deal: stay in the fight and keep moving. There is no easier target then one not moving and unable to retaliate.
        There is a positive here. We all respect and like the people we play enough to want to apologize ASAP. As for the pubs I think we are just trying to keep their fingers away form the number 2 key. I for one hate the tk slay option, it goes against the fiber of TG's core. And nine times out of ten it is a regular getting slayed by a random. The shaking and blinding option I do enjoy and I use it a lot as long as it will not affect the outcome of a round (i.e. at the beginning of the next round). I use it not as a punitive measure, but as a funny response to an obvious mistake.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Apologizing

          Originally posted by TheFeniX
          Guys, we're all friends here, I'm not going to take it personally if you don't apologize for TKing me, and a DAMN sure won't if you're in the middle of a firefight.

          You messed up, big deal: stay in the fight and keep moving. There is no easier target then one not moving and unable to retaliate.
          @say the extended freeze time is for planning and apologising for TK's :icon_cool

          I tend to have an instant reaction to hit the forgive key. If you get TK'd in a firefight you usually know if it's your fault. It's good for our guests to see people apologise, as it can lead to them being more polite, but you can't be completing your team objective if you're getting killed while typing.

          Root
          BFCL TF2 league admin

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Apologizing

            Originally posted by ><JohnGalt><
            There is a positive here. We all respect and like the people we play enough to want to apologize ASAP. As for the pubs I think we are just trying to keep their fingers away form the number 2 key. I for one hate the tk slay option, it goes against the fiber of TG's core. And nine times out of ten it is a regular getting slayed by a random. The shaking and blinding option I do enjoy and I use it a lot as long as it will not affect the outcome of a round (i.e. at the beginning of the next round). I use it not as a punitive measure, but as a funny response to an obvious mistake.
            I got shook the other day (by JG... ) I wasn't aware of the option.. I was convinced my comp was screwed up... felt like trying to play through a seizure...
            I always do voice,,, til end of round and then type it...
            I also usually play like cr*p for 5 or 10 seconds after because I'm pissed at myself ...

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Apologizing

              Im sorry fenix...

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Apologizing

                I like to say I'm sorry using smoke signals...............

                The Muffin Man

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Apologizing

                  Can I say sorry using some of my landmines?

                  Root
                  BFCL TF2 league admin

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Apologizing

                    Good points brought up. And I also hate the slay option for TKs. Too many using it, even when it's their fault they were TKd. Also, this is war, and TKs happen. It's just ridiculous when someone gets TKd and then slays the TKer, which just removes another person from the team that is trying to win a round.

                    3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Apologizing

                      It really depends on the person who does the TK, I rarely see any regulars use the slay option except for when we're having fun. It is nice to have for the tk'ers that come from pub land though.

                      and as far as apologizing, we all know this game requires a mic and especially on our server. If you can't say it, then hold it till it's a good time to type it.


                      - -

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Apologizing

                        i have to say i personally think its redundent when its another tg member, i only been playing cs again for a few weeks and its just a mistake, i always apologise, but at the same time i hate hearing others apologise or see them apologise in game, you dont need to apologise to me, if you feel the need do it at next game start, thats when i always do it.


                        www.TeamElement.com

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Apologizing

                          Originally posted by DudeMan
                          i have to say i personally think its redundent when its another tg member, i only been playing cs again for a few weeks and its just a mistake, i always apologise, but at the same time i hate hearing others apologise or see them apologise in game, you dont need to apologise to me, if you feel the need do it at next game start, thats when i always do it.
                          DudeMan season is now open

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Apologizing

                            Originally posted by ><JohnGalt><
                            DudeMan season is now open

                            i hope that is a good thing


                            www.TeamElement.com

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Apologizing

                              The slay TK option is great for stopping pubbies when an admin isn't present. Some of the fart / shake / etc. options are fun to play with. However it is in poor spirit when the person who got TK'd just gets pissed so he slays the TKer.

                              That happened to me the other night. I was crouched still with my sights down a tunnel when a teammate keeps straffing back and forth, finally stepping in front of me as I fire. He dies, gets pissed and slays me. Not very TG like.

                              TKs happen... the slay option is really to stop intentional TKers from wreaking too much havoc.
                              |TG-12th| asch
                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              Connect

                              Collapse

                              TeamSpeak 3 Server

                              Collapse

                              Advertisement

                              Collapse

                              Twitter Feed

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X