• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D v F: evolution.

good game guys...too bad you lost a guy

Re: D v F: evolution.

Haha, nice pic.

Good game, we didn't have Sniper's hacks to bail us out. Although, that was a nice run I had at B.

Good Times.......

Comment

Lol, that was also our spray, but you guys didn't live long enough to see it. ;)

Good games. You guys had some good rushes, but it didn't seem like the energy was there for your team.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

twas a fun game :)

Comment

yo, they had a devil nightfire to help them out... :icon_smil

i'm honored to be the unofficial sub of sniper :)

Comment

But you left halfway through the match.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

great monkey image lol

I'm becoming weaker and weaker, as time goes on, in the uphill battle that is my desire to genuinely and sunstainedly enjoy CS (regardless of company).

Both teams dealt in that match kills to their opposition that made me lose even more respect for CS. :( Soooo many headshots, on both sides, that, simply put, were not credible, believable, or enjoyable if you really are looking looking for a game where the extent to which team decisions influence a game's outcome is in any way comparable to the extent to which isolated and individual skill can and regularly does. Jesus, I made a shotgun kill when I was overwhelmed at a bombsite that was absolute bologna, and I can't escape the reality that kills exactly like that have a very powerful influence on the outcome of a game, and, by extension, a match.

The reasonable judgement of me for those who don't well know me, especially after this match, is that I form these opinions when I'm losing or something similar, but the truth, sadly, is that I lose respect for CS when I am on the victorious side of its disappointing offerings with no less intensity than I do when I'm on the defeated side.

It's like sitting on my front porch with a really big fan on a hot summer day. That seems great until air conditioning comes along, at which point the fan somehow seems insufficient in satisfying you. Consider all of the other games of today and then stick CS in the mix as the new kid. I can't help but think that CS would be laughed off the field if it didn't have tenure.

I continue to give this game respect it simply doesn't earn, and I do it because I want more from a game that's not going to give it to me. :(
              Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by Tempus
                But you left halfway through the match.
                Team Darwin was and is very grateful for Nightfire's ability to help us out for the time his busy night allowed him to.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Thanks for the match darwin. I did have a good time.

And wyz, I think maybe you need a break from CS:S man. That ... solilique? Retrospection? whatever it was, even bummed ME out. My shiny doesn't look so shiny anymore... eh, I'll shake it off and go back to enjoying myself.

Comment

man pfft im soo mad for not being able to make it :(

i loved that map too :(

Comment

Originally posted by Addict
                      And wyz, I think maybe you need a break from CS:S man. That ... solilique? Retrospection? whatever it was, even bummed ME out. My shiny doesn't look so shiny anymore... eh, I'll shake it off and go back to enjoying myself.
                      The ironic part is that CS:S is a break from the fast-paced NS games for me. I probably need to lay of CS as well as this game does get old fast.

Comment

Maybe Addict is right. Maybe I just need to play less CS. There's just no escaping some facts about the game's design and implementation.

After all, a sit on the front porch on a hot summer's day is really nice, rarely.

Comment

Yeah, absolutely. Dip into it for fun and relaxation occasionally. There are lots of games out there. Why beat yourself up? Why FORCE yourself to play something you truely aren't enjoying? Think about all that time you could be investing in something you actually get something BACK from. And TG is great because you can keep with the same people you've grown to like playing with and just switch the venue. Try something else out. Let those that DO like CS:S go about their merry way. No need to play it just because others are. Different strokes for different folks, etc etc.

Comment

I proclaim we all need to get together for a massive TG UT2k4 Invasion night.

HIJACKED, BOOYAH!

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper
                              man pfft im soo mad for not being able to make it :(

i loved that map too :(
                              speak for yourself ***

i was not familiar with that map.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse