Friday night

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday night

I hope we have a good Turn out this evening, last few fridays have been sparce!~ No one goes to bed early!~

Re: Friday night

I might pop in there in a few. Would be nice if there was a populated TG:CS everyday and night though :)

Comment

Well if people would start using the Map Discussion forums and talk about the maps that clear out the server, maybe more people would stay and play the maps. This is really starting to get old and now to have people whine about the server not being full. Some people really need to look at times they quit cause of the map that came up in rotation. I'm not directing that directly at you two, but the CS:S community in general. It's only 5 wins, if you stay, it helps get the server to rotate to maps you do enjoy playing. The Admins can't change things if they don't know there needs to be changes made.
      sigpic

Comment

I would like it if when 51% of the players say nextmap, the server goes to the next map on round-end. That's a lot more productive than being reminded that you're stuck in the Industry fog-bank for another 20 minutes.

As for it being empty, the trick is called "seeding." In your case, though, you might change your name to that of someone who is easy to beat like Ednos or Magna.

Comment

On particular nights, some people just aren't around as well. ::Points at himself::
          "We can not ensure success, but we can deserve it." - John Adams
          "Sometimes I guess there just aren't enough rocks." - Forrest Gump

Comment

Surely it would be beneficial to have a system in place to call a vote to change to the next map or a specified map?

There isn't always an admin online and perhaps there is a way of logging which map people vote to get away from too if this was done?

Former E1st Heavyweight

Comment

I don't mind playing bad maps, since the game-play is mostly the same no matter what map. What I would want is a way for a single or a couple of seeders to be able to change the map quickly, I hate seeding for 20 minutes with no one jumping on because it's industry. Is it possible to allow single players to finish the map by completing the objective or something?

Comment

Yeah, rock the vote would be nice. But since the reason it probably is not up is because the admins don't want maps to be overplayed. As for the solution, make the percentage really high. About 86% sounds reasonable to me. That means that 12/14 players have to rock the vote. If the map is that bad, then having 12 people rock the vote would be easy. If there are some people that like the map, they probably have a better chance of keeping that map noting that only 3 people don't have to rock the vote to change.

Comment

Or better yet listen to Xen's surgestion and comment in map discussion to get maps off serverthat you don't want, if you don't try the channels already avaible to you all then you can't complain when a map you don't like comes up.

Hardly any one posts in map review forum go their complain and then we get rid of the unpopular maps and then no need for rock the vote (a horrible thing).

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
                  Winston Churchill

Comment

Sorry, I'm usually never present on Friday nights. Things have been getting hectic IRL :(.

Comment

Originally posted by Diplomatic_Immunity View Post
                      Sorry, I'm usually never present on Friday nights. Things have been getting hectic IRL :(.
                      Nothing to be sorry about Diplo, life happens, take care of it, or wipe it off your shoe.
                      sigpic

Comment

Either way, i think we need more players to start playing CS on the TG servers again or spread the word and get more new people. Things just have not been as active as they used to be. I blame the recession! :)

Comment

Originally posted by Stuntguru View Post
                          Either way, i think we need more players to start playing CS on the TG servers again or spread the word and get more new people. Things just have not been as active as they used to be. I blame the recession! :)
                          It comes and goes. That's pretty natural actually and it really has to happen. This game is old and people get burnt on it. After 5 years I would have never thought i'd still enjoy this game but here i am.

- -

Comment

Originally posted by Vulcan View Post
                            It comes and goes. That's pretty natural actually and it really has to happen. This game is old and people get burnt on it. After 5 years I would have never thought i'd still enjoy this game but here i am.
                            I hear yea man been playing since 1.3 ;)

Comment

It'll pick up during summer, no doubt. But yeah, the game is pretty old. Won't be long until a new CS game comes out.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X