Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you............

Good morning,
    Just a quick message to say thanks for providing great CS:S servers. After posting a rather lengthy message on the steam forums Tempus invited me along to your servers and I was not disappointed. I only wish that my time zone was a little more compatible! No worries!
    I look forward to more fragging with you folks as long as my ~130 ping is not too disruptive (I get between 15-30 on European servers...but as British Telecom is kindly giving me a free upgrade to 2Mb-from 512k-hopefully this will improve). Also...I was asked yesterday why I disconnected during download of the jungle rescue map....it never downloaded off the in-game server. I actually left for an hour or so and when I came back no progress had been made. Please let me know if I did something wrong or some guidance as to where to obtain the map and properly install it. That map is not in rotation (that I have noticed) on the European servers I frequent.
    Thanks again.
    SGT_Rock

p.s. I did notice a couple other threads about jungle rescue but I must have missed the link and/or install guide. I will look again.

Re: Thank you............

http://sonsofliberty.websiteallies.c...nglerescue.zip

here are the files, the bsp goes into your maps directory.

there is a materials folder as well, take the contents of it and put it into your materials folder and overwrite anything it asks about.

- -

Comment

Welcome to the server, Rock. When I saw your post on Steam, I knew you'd be the kind of player that we like to have around here. Thanks for stopping by. :)

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Welcome Rock! Now maybe I'll have to update my anti-Tempus hack to work as an anti-SGT_Rock hack. :D
        |TG-12th| asch
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SGT_Rock
          I look forward to more fragging with you folks as long as my ~130 ping is not too disruptive (I get between 15-30 on European servers...). the jungle rescue map never downloaded off the in-game server. I actually left for an hour or so and when I came back no progress had been made.
          Yay another Brit! There has been a poor European showing here at TG for a while.

I have found that when trying to download custom maps the download sometimes wont start. When this happens, simply click cancel, then reconnect and give it a minute or so to see if it works. It usually does after a few goes, and downloads from the TG server are pretty quick.

Don't worry about the ping. 130 is still only about a tenth of a second. I have been playing on US servers for years with no problems. Just as long as you are getting no loss or choke (check by typing net_graph 3 in the console).

Welcome to TG.
          Wintermute

Play EVE online. It's like being an accounting addict in space.

Comment

Nice to see you posting here Rock. Now loose the penguin! :icon_razz

At this rate we will actually have enough people to form a UK team for the next tourny.

<mutters something about sticking it to the damn yanks > :icon_cool

Root
            BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Originally posted by cookietester

<mutters something about sticking it to the damn yanks > :icon_cool

Root
              Well I guess there's a first time for everthing.......

Comment

Ahhhh...I better clear up a slight misconception....I actually am American...but...living in the UK. Claro? But I am happy to be part of the European contingent...except during Ryder Cup time!

Thanks for the link Vulcan. Downloading as I write this.

The anti-SGT_Rock hack only works when I dont have the auto shottie!

Regards
                Rock

Comment

Oh yes.....Where does the "jungle" folder go...it contains .wav files.
                  And what about the pcs_junglerescue.res file?
                  Thanks...or ta......or cheers!

Comment

The .res file is only used by the SERVER to tell connecting CLIENTS was file to download. It's location on your client is irrelevant.

The jungle folder goes in the same folder as your maps folder: cstrike.
                    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

actually the jungle folder goes into the sound folder, but they don't work anyway due to CS custom sounds being totally broke :(

- -

Comment

Originally posted by Vulcan
                        actually the jungle folder goes into the sound folder, but they don't work anyway due to CS custom sounds being totally broke :(
                        THis is from the update....

It says it fixes soundscape files for custom maps.
                        Counter-Strike: Source

Added buy favorite system

Added location names to voice chat

!!!!!!!!!!Soundscape files will be loaded properly for custom maps!!!!!!!!!!!

Fixed tinnitus effect for HE grenades playing twice

Fixed the Five-Seven's price not matching the value in the buy menu

Fixed case where money and chat HUD icons sometimes being the wrong color at round start

Target IDs will no longer show when mp_fadetoblack is active

When mp_humanteam is active human teams will be allowed to spectate

The "hostage" field of the "hostage_rescued" event is filled in correctly

Equipping the silencer is canceled if the player switches weapons

Fixed problems with the hostage shack door in cs_compound

Fixed "Hostage Rescue Zone" not showing up properly in chat and under the radar

Players can only change their names once every 10 seconds, with a max of 5 times every 10 minutes

"Enemy Spotted" hint text doesn't show for players behind smoke clouds

Flashbang effect can't be reduced by hitting escape or turning off the HUD

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X