People want a good URBAN map

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People want a good URBAN map

That's what i hear anyway. Alot of current players want urban combat maps.

They are pretty easy to make. I would have no problems getting one started, so let's gets some ideas of location or possible levels from other games to design off of. If you have suggestions, please post and if you have screenies get them and post them too, or email them to me cjshelbyATsympatico.ca

- -

Re: People want a good URBAN map

I say we try to get a good middle east hostage map. If you ever played desert combat, there are a couple of good ideas in there. The theme would fit well with the whole CT vs. T conflict.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

I was thinking about an airport map. Fighting in a terminal or something...

Comment

Originally posted by Tempus
        I say we try to get a good middle east hostage map. If you ever played desert combat, there are a couple of good ideas in there. The theme would fit well with the whole CT vs. T conflict.
        I was thinking the same thing. Battlefield :: DC would offer some great map ideas. Even Battlefield :: Vietnam had some good urban maps.
        |TG-12th| asch
        sigpic

Comment

There were a few bh down maps that would cool. How about a team of ct having to to blow up a downed heli in the middle of some god forsaken somoli(sp) village or town.

Comment

i played DC a bit, but most of the maps were huge. The one map i do remember was Desert Night that was awesome. You guys remember that map?

- -

Comment

Basrah's Edge and Urban Siege were the two really good urban maps. Basrah's Nights was good, too, but it is a night map after all... Which might not be a bad idea. A night-time urban map.. Hmmm..

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

There's an urban GR map that I'm quite fond of, where you need to rescue people from a downed chopper and take back an embassy of some kind. That one is quite pleasing.
                [volun2]
                NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
                Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
                <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
                <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Apophis created a small (well for Joint Ops, it's small) urban map that was pretty cool. It was just a bit bigger than the Basrah maps. I really liked the Basrah maps, too. They'd be perfect for putting the objective in the center and having random spawn points around the outside of the city so that the defenders never knew which direction the attack would come from...
                  Become a supporting member!
                  Buy a Tactical Duck!
                  Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                  TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

I'd like to see an urban city scape map. Kinda like what our men are facing in Iraq now. Possibly mud/brick kinda houses that are 2-3 stories high surrounding a downed chopper with hostages all around it.

We could incorporate the ideas from cs_havana into this. Make different paths accessible. Change them up every round and there ya go.

Just my 2 cents.

-Mom
                    Yer Mom /O>

To all but me is the look given but never received. My heart sinks faster and faster every time I look into them, yet I do not understand their controling power on my soul. - W11114m W45h1n670n

Comment

Big fan of the helopad DE in some somali-esque time stuff....or the downed-helo with hosties...

musts for an urban map:
                      pathways through streets AND through buildings...maybe over roofs...

different building sizes

enough routes (much like jungle rescue) that the defense doesnt know EXACTLY where they are going to be...

Comment

Originally posted by ><JohnGalt><
                        I was thinking about an airport map. Fighting in a terminal or something...
                        i 2nd john galt.

Comment

I still want a CS map based around the TFC Hunted archtype.

Comment

what is that fenix, can you give some descriptions?

- -

Comment

Try remaking cs_747 in a better design or something.. that would be neat... we'd even use it for our movie :)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X