Private CSS Server

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Private CSS Server

You'll likely see TGCS#2 transformed into a private server this evening. If things seem strange on this server, or if you're unable to access it, consider that what you're experiencing might be by design.

I'll post details about the server and its accessibility once I'm completed the transformation.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: Private CSS Server

best of luck

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
      You'll likely see TGCS#2 transformed into a private server this evening. If things seem strange on this server, or if you're unable to access it, consider that what you're experiencing might be by design.

I'll post details about the server and its accessibility once I'm completed the transformation.
      mmmm... the excitement... the intrigue... I can't stand it...
      Anticipating good things...

Comment

Wyz, as you can see, I am not a supporting member...but I thoroughly enjoy the TG playstyle and servers. Just wondering what prompted making the secondary server private? I dont see much traffic on it...(at least when I am on in the evening US time.)

That being said, Root...I see you on TG#1...boot someone so I can get in! ;p
        If it isn't PCS, whats the point?
        with any questions or concerns.
        |

Aggressive Defense (an oxymoron): A naturally occurring situational event where a defender is caught in a role reversal anomaly. Usually associated with lack of practice, discipline or map awareness in a team based conflict.

Comment

Several players who really enjoy TG's playstyle long for an even more pure environment, where everyone knows everyone, teamwork is in its finest form, and ultimate trust can exist between teammates.

My vision would be that the private server develops into just that, as it is accessible only by supporting members.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

I wish it was like that...and maybe it will be

right now, it seems like we can never get enough players on it to have a fun game...its usually just me and john...or no more than 4 people
            thats fun, dont get me wrong...it seems like we just arnt using the privvy server as much as we could...

Comment

Several players who really enjoy TG's playstyle long for an even more pure environment, where everyone knows everyone, teamwork is in its finest form, and ultimate trust can exist between teammates.

My vision would be that the private server develops into just that, as it is accessible only by supporting members.
              Nothing wrong with that...was just curious as I dont see the server being used much.
              If it isn't PCS, whats the point?
              with any questions or concerns.
              |

Aggressive Defense (an oxymoron): A naturally occurring situational event where a defender is caught in a role reversal anomaly. Usually associated with lack of practice, discipline or map awareness in a team based conflict.

Comment

Originally posted by ouija
                Nothing wrong with that...was just curious as I dont see the server being used much.
                Clearly, the admins (including myself) haven't yet determined the best way to bring the server to my vision (I say "my vision," but obviously I share it with many people). I suppose it's possible that the server is configured optimally for this goal and the supporting members just haven't caught on yet, but I doubt it.

We'll continue to make the changes we think are necessary for supporting members to take the most value, overall, from the server.

Comment

I have configured the (now Semi-)Private server to allow for ~4 public players. This should help it fill up.

Continue to provide feedback.

Comment

awesome...

Comment

WAY back when, when this board was still N42 XLII they tried that.....it failed.. Then I think they got rid of the CS server altogether for a while.... good luck, looks like I'm going back to pubs :icon9:

Comment

Originally posted by yogurtslinger
                        WAY back when, when this board was still N42 XLII they tried that.....it failed.. Then I think they got rid of the CS server altogether for a while.... good luck, looks like I'm going back to pubs :icon9:
                        Why do you say that? We still have one server completely open to the public with 14 slots, and now the "private" server has 4 slots open to the public and 10 slots reserved for supporting members only. Sounds like a good compromise to me, and an incentive for people to help support these servers. They're not free, y'know...

Comment

I was wondering...can you set it to kick non-members only after there are 10 members present?

Comment

I have configured the (now Semi-)Private server to allow for ~4 public players. This should help it fill up.
                            What about a reg based system like we have on the NS server that allows for you to hand-pick regs via either nomination or admin choice and give them reserved slots on the private server? Joining members could kick them if the server is full, but they would be able to join at any time rather than if there are <= four pubs on.

I think pubbies on the "OMG 1337 PRIVAT SVER!" is the last thing we want. Why should some random idiot have the same precedence as our reg base that consists of some damn decent players?

Comment

I'm very much in favor of a system that give regulars who can't pay for a membership and visits these forums a leg up on the random pubbie!

- -

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X