Serious problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serious problem

It seems that in my attempt to relieve some big issues with my SDK, The wonderful programmers at Steam have decided it's best to delete everything in their sdk folders when you uninstall steam. WHY??? i can only ask why... Steam is the devil i say. I have lost every single file i use for map making including the map file itself! Except for the backups i made about a week ago.

Can anybody fathom why a program would REQUIRE you to use their folder structure to operate properly and then delete said folder structre and all of it's contents when you uninstall and reinstall? Sounds counterproductive to me.

Well the good news is the backups are there but that's alot of work that is now gone. I am able to recover some files with an unerase program but alas my map original is nowhere to be found. I will begin my life's objective of sabotaging steam...

sorry guys dunno how long it will take to get back on track.

- -

Re: Serious problem

Ouch. Moments like that hurt.... not just losing a lot of files, but just suffering greatly from someone else's poor design decision, regardless of circumstance.

These things happen for a good reason. Good luck finding that reason.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

you know you can decompile bsp's... right?

Comment

yes sniper but they never come out properly. and with the amount of custom content in my map i doubt it will even be close to proper..

- -

Comment

why did you uninstall?
          getting ready for VAC? lol jk :)

tuff luck fella.. sorry to hear that
          -'~-,~-'~-Essence-Of-Judas-,~-~'-~,-
          "Real Me Scout"
          Pronunciation: 'skaut
          Etymology: from Middle French escouter to listen,
          1 : to explore an area to obtain information (as about an enemy)
          2 : to observe in order to obtain information or evaluate
          3 : to use rifle and pick off opposition
          4 : to watch for openings in defense for bomb run
          5 : headshot

Comment

big fat bummer

Comment

well i was able to recover my model originals with an unerase program except for one. The VMF is gone though but we'll see how the decompile goes with that. Got some of my materials back as well, those luckily can be reconverted back from the vtf's. The big thing now is getting my work back in the original map file.

- -

Comment

the decompile ok, i had to redo a bunch of stuff and i'm still working on it.

Good thing is it was able to compile and run. So i'm starting to get it to it's final stage for final release.

looking at the end of this weekend and maybe saturday if all goes well.

- -

Comment

Looking forward to it. Thanks for the update.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Hey, at least you didn't lose all your pron. There are things to be thankful for.

Comment

omgtehmaplosewastehaprilfoolzjokeomghelyde!
                      Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
                        omgtehmaplosewastehaprilfoolzjokeomghelyde!
                        You just keep taking the tablets Wyz.

Root
                        BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

well after a complete reinstall of of HL2, steam and CS: S (everything), I still cannot embed all my content into the bsp.

I need somebody who knows how to run Winbspzip and the buildcubemaps in CS to try to embed content into a bsp with my textures and see if it works for them. Nobody at VERC knows anything and the dev a valve never answered my emails so i'm guessing it's a bug on my end.

If you can test this please pm asap!

- -

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...