lag

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lag

I've been getting pretty serious lag lately and don't know why. My ping and my choke are both high, and i have nothing running in the background and my internet connection is otherwise fine. Any ideas?

Re: lag

Not just you recently the server has been lagging bad like this.

Comment

These commands should be run via console when you're in the server cl_cmdrate 101 cl_updaterate 101 rate 30000 this should do fine just for most people and you have to also remember if you go to other servers they can reset your TG server net settings.

Comment

Suid, why do you spread the cancer? 101 does not exist as a rate setting. Use 66 because the server is 66.

Comment

The server has been giving regular lag spikes to everyone, this is a fact. It happened when we switched to the new host.

Former E1st Heavyweight

Comment

still working on the spikes but your lag may be generated from other sources too.

- -

Comment

I have yet to experience any lag myself certainly not on a regular basis.

So may be somin to do with rates?

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
              Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by suid View Post
                also remember if you go to other servers they can reset your TG server net settings.
                Other servers? What are you talking about? THERE ARE OTHER SERVERS? WOW! :row__642:
                "Sympathy means a lot, coming from Kulmar. I didn't think it was possible.
                Good luck getting rid of your disease. If you're infected, though, stay away--I can't afford to be a zombie right now.
                " Ednos

sigpic

Comment

This has NOTHING to do with rates when it happens it happens to everyone on server because you hear complaints about it the rest of the round from everyone...(Including myslef)

Comment

Yeah but I always hear people complaining about lag on the server and I don't seem to get any I always run fine it seems, maybe my admin hacks.

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
                    Winston Churchill

Comment

It might also be your inability to notice real lag because playing from Europe is like playing during a continuous lag spike.
                      The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
                      I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
                      Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Originally posted by ednos View Post
                        It might also be your inability to notice real lag because playing from Europe is like playing during a continuous lag spike.
                        How does it feel losing to people playing in a continuous lag spike? :D

Comment

I'll have you know I've never been killed by a European.
                          The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
                          I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
                          Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

i'll have to agree, i've been experiencing some lag spikes myself...imma try those new settings and see if that makes a difference, but i do agree, i've been gettin a bit of lag myself...still rockin most of ya though :D

.f0cUs
                            Complacency Kills!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MaDNess View Post
                              This has NOTHING to do with rates when it happens it happens to everyone on server because you hear complaints about it the rest of the round from everyone...(Including myslef)
                              How could you tell if the problem he's having is a server lag spike, isp lag or someone in his house cutting his ethernet wire?

Dont' try to force everyone's issue into a simple "it's the servers problem". That's ridiculous. If you can't help with his problem then by all means move along.

Rates will certainly help with a lot of people's lag problems on the server. There is a known issue atm with a spike that occurs to some people at random which is most likely tech related on the part of the ISP host but that's not proven yet.

- -

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X