Didn't realize how annoying I was!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Didn't realize how annoying I was!

I thought I was playing a little better than my usually suckiness last night when all of a sudden BOOM! Root slayed me while I was running with my teammates. At first I thought I must have thoughtlessly done something wrong but he said it was an innocent mistake. He had accidentally pressed 8 instead of 9 trying to slay someone else. Next round I'm buying my gear in the spawn when BOOM! Another landmine takes me down. Now I'm getting paranoid. Man, I must have really pi**ed him off. "No", he says, he's just trying to nail a rusher before he gets to our spawn. No problem I say, although by this time I'm wondering if Root doesn't want me playing or something, lol.

Anyway, don't get the wrong idea. I'm not worried. Actually I'm thankful Root was there. He's been admin'ing from spectator mode a lot when I've been playing lately and the gameplay has been better on the server. I appreciate the way he's been teaching the noob's like me how to play properly and enforcing the rules with the occasional rushers and morons who try to mess up our serious fun. Anyway Kudos to Root. His presence is always appreciated...even if I'm going to be a little more paranoid about landmines.

Re: Didn't realize how annoying I was!

Thank you for going out of your way to provide positive feedback.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Root's the man. He's not afraid to use the hammer, and the world (ok, maybe just the server) is a better place because of it. ;)

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Thought you guys knew the only way Root can actually kill people is with the slay command...he cant hit the broadside of a barn! ;p
        If it isn't PCS, whats the point?
        with any questions or concerns.
        |

Aggressive Defense (an oxymoron): A naturally occurring situational event where a defender is caught in a role reversal anomaly. Usually associated with lack of practice, discipline or map awareness in a team based conflict.

Comment

Originally posted by ouija
          Thought you guys knew the only way Root can actually kill people is with the slay command...he cant hit the broadside of a barn! ;p
          Poor guy...I think that's why they made hime an admin. :)
          It's a game. Keep it real. Keep it fun.

-Keith

Comment

yes, root is very reliable and faithful towards his tasks in the css server(s)...he has my respect.

Comment

yeah root is AWESOME...as well as all the other admins out there....yall do a GREAT job providing a SPECTACULAR place to play.

keep it up

-swoop-

I dont know so much about not being able to hit the broad side of a barn, but he is "119% accurate with the landmines" <---and thats striaght from the horses mouth

Comment

I see cookietester has yet to reply to all of the butt kissing... I wonder when he'll actually peek at the thread.... lol, root is fun to play with especially when someone is being a jerk and is cussing at the admin, I always love to watch dumb people blow up.... on a side note, how long have people been calling them land mines? I did once, and I was under the assumption root thought it was funny and started calling them land mines too and that's where it came from..... maybe I'm just too egotistical.

Comment

Originally posted by ouija
                  Thank you ouija! At least someone in this conversation has their head screwed on correctly.

Somehow I managed to miss this entire thread until today. I might make my presence a bit more obvious than the other admins, but please remember that they do just as much as I do. The tourny didn't organise itself, the reserved slots, the private server.... page_admin didn't even come from an admin. Everyone contributes to the TG community in their own way, such as uchiha and the landmines, which is a concept I'll be getting a patent on before he does. If you think I'm ok at being an admin, then you should be praising Apophis, Wyzcrack and the other admins who decided that my bribe was suffiently large enough that it was in their interests to make me an admin.

Root
                  Oh and it's 132% accuracy with the landmines now
                  BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

I knew I coined that landmine thing...... Root you thief, I will now devote my time to killing you with the ES 5! And your point is well taken, the other admins also do a stellar job although I feel that they make their presence less known by letting the game follow it's own course whereas Root is alot more proactive with the slayings.

Comment

Haha... I don't know about 132% accuracy... I mean look at the first post of the thread.. . maybe 97.45% accuracy - I have gotten booted accidentally (or maybe passive-aggressively) :-) I love that Root is regulating on people though... now if we could only get an auto-boot for people say "Too long of a buy time" more than once...Then again, I may be wishing upon a star for that one.

Comment

Originally posted by KHazard
                        I have gotten booted accidentally (or maybe passive-aggressively) :-)
                        Or for a reserved slot per chance?

Root
                        BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Nah, it was a "Sorry, KHazard, I pressed the wrong button"... to which I replied "No problem root, I still heart you" and you "lol"ed.. I remember it as if it were yesterday... err... last week... :-P

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X