Flashbang lag

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flashbang lag

Some of you already know, since a few steam updates ago, my PC lags to almost a halt when a flashbang goes off. I've tried reducing all my video settings to minimum, someone suggest lowering my audio quality, which I've done. Nothing seems to work. I've even done a complete reinstall and there's now far less crap running on my machine than before.

This is really bugging the hell out of me. I've even used the less than useless report bug tool in cs. None of my hardware has changed. Also in the past week or so, I can't see *any* sprays.

If anyone has any suggestions I'd be grateful. I really don't want to install CS again, due to the hours of updating it'll have to do before i can play.

Root
    BFCL TF2 league admin

Re: Flashbang lag

try deleting your config.cfg file located in counter-strike source/cstrike/cfg.

- -

Comment

i understand that stress you're going through. i've been there before...i think it's a config.cfg file that's the problem. try that.

if not, if you uninstall steam again, make sure you do a THOROUGH delete, not just the program itself.

Comment

All the usual. Latest video drivers, sound drivers, direct X, windows update. Uninstall/ reinstall yada yada.
        Wintermute

Play EVE online. It's like being an accounting addict in space.

Comment

Originally posted by Wintermute
          All the usual. Latest video drivers, sound drivers, direct X, windows update. Uninstall/ reinstall yada yada.
          The latest nvidia drivers actually slowed my machine down a bit. It always varies per system so don't hesitate to check out the latest, but be sure to delete the previous version before installing the new... and if it's worse, delete/uninstall those and reinstall a previous version.
          |TG-12th| asch
          sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the tips guys. I don't *ever* run windows update, as it tends to leave more security holes than it fixes. I'm using the same drivers as before the problem, and even the same install files (I have a folder full of utilities, drivers and other stuff).

I've just removed my config file but to no avail
            Root
            BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

I'll post this question in the steam forums tomorrow morning. What exactly would you like asked?

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Tempus
                I'll post this question in the steam forums tomorrow morning. What exactly would you like asked?
                Oh thanks Tempus - I guess the question is, how can I reduce the effects of flashbangs, without doing anything that could be considered cheating?

I have absolutely no intention of cheating, but lagging to the point of almost freezing isn't fair to me. I used to suffer blindness and lack of sound, but I was always able to continue playing. Now days, flashing me is an absolute kill.

Root
                BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

You do realise that now you have told us your weakness we are all going to FB you every chance we get. Your landmines will be useless to protect you <evil laugh>.
                  Wintermute

Play EVE online. It's like being an accounting addict in space.

Comment

Originally posted by Wintermute
                    You do realise that now you have told us your weakness we are all going to FB you every chance we get. Your landmines will be useless to protect you <evil laugh>.
                    I'm not very conversant with this new fangled... elite speak is it? I think however the phrase I'm looking for is phear ma landmines!

You've just made me remeber something Wyz once said - I'll start a sig like his now.

Root
                    BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...