Check out this map

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check out this map

It is called xcom you can get off of fileplanet and other sites i am sure. It looks awsome, i dont kno how it plays, but i think it is worth having on the server.
    Last edited by ><JohnGalt><; 04-04-2005, 10:17 PM.

Re: Check out this map

unrelated dont remember taking this one but almost perfect timing[img=http://img219.exs.cx/img219/3866/dedust200035fx.th.jpg]

Comment

Originally posted by ><JohnGalt><
      It is called xcom you can get off of fileplanet and other sites i am sure. It looks awsome, i dont kno how it plays, but i think it is worth having on the server.
      Is that a cs_map where the CT's start outside a three story building (near some cool cop cars) and can either enter the building through the front glass doors or through the back kitchen door? Hossies are on the first floor in a rec room/lounge and on the top floor and there are stairwells on either end of the floors?

If it's the one I'm thinking of, we used to have it on our server (old CS) and it was pretty good. Never one of our more popular maps, but it was PCS...
      Become a supporting member!
      Buy a Tactical Duck!
      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

I remember that one cing. Also that amsterdam map with Sublime playing in one of the buildings.

JohnGalt what is the full name of the map (de_xcom, cs_xcom?), and do you have download links and links to screenshots?
        Wintermute

Play EVE online. It's like being an accounting addict in space.

Comment

Here is a link to a dwnld site.

http://www.fileplanet.com/151825/150...-Map---CS_Xcom

Comment

wow, the screenshot looked pretty highquality...downloading now will post my results when i test it out
            edit: ok, im a bit confused...this is from the text:

Terrorists: Guard the hostages and prevent them from escaping.
            Counter-terrorists: Rescue the hostages and gain control of
            the highrise.

Important information about the map:

*64 total spawn points, 32 terrorist, 32 counter-terrorist
            *2 bombsites, both clearly marked A and B

second edit:

alright, this map looks pretty awesome...fairly detalied and lots of PCS possible play here...there are hostages but NO BOMB.... my only worry is that the terrorists running down the lower floor hostages and the CTs running up to the hostages might meet....or that the CTs will get there beforehand...I cant see how this could happen(meaning, how could a mapper do that??), but its always possible...

Other people should check this out...I would like to get this up on the server and try it out...
            Last edited by section-8; 04-05-2005, 10:04 AM.

Comment

The fish tank is awesome...and the tight quarters will make for interesting play and require precise communication and team work.

Comment

not to mention the lady falling through the window at the beginning of the round...that was pretty cool

Comment

I dig that one. What about a map like cs_twilight? It may be a little too constricting for the CT's in that there are 3 choke points to the upstairs area, but I played it on some frag monkey servers and it was pretty fun...

Comment

So how does one go about nominating a map for the servers?

Comment

You play it by yourself for a while and then declare that it should be considered for rotation. Then you blow Wyz a kiss and ask him to put it on the server.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

the problem is that on pub servers, the game play sucks so you dont really get a good feeling of how the map plays.

Comment

i played this map last night and it's pretty nice, almost to nice. Just about ever texture has a normal map, man that really kills FPS. It was sub par on my system but my graphics aren't running full power. Either way my swap buffers bar was maxed through the entire level. I think this one is too laggy for MP play. It is a very nice map though.

FYI you can type in mat_specular 0 to up the FPS.

- -

Comment

Cool.. What is that? And how do you see your swap buffers bar?

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

mat_specular takes off the normal mapping specular shade, which is a big hit to FPS. all the shiny stuff is what that is.

+showbudget in the console gives you a layout of what is causing FPS drag.

- -

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X