Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New CSS update -- Server needs updating.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New CSS update -- Server needs updating.

[-] April 05, 2005 (current release)

Changes/Additions
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Enabled support for SourceTV
    Improved map overview support
    The message of the day file is now required to be in the main game directory
    Death notices are no longer displayed while blind
    Bots immediately change their names to match the bot_prefix when it changes
    Bots join dedicated servers immediately if the bot_quota is nonzero
    Added mp_logdetail at the request of server administrators
    Player sprays now persist through round restarts. The number of rounds a spray survives is determined by r_spray_lifetime
    Added sv_visiblemaxplayers
    Bug fixes
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fixed a rare bug that caused some bullet impacts to be counted twice
    Fixed an issue with player names being out of sync with the server
    Fixed “purple checkerboard” problem for Message of the Day scrollbars
    Fixed some localization issues related to player chat
    Death notices retain the correct team color even if the player quickly changes teams
    Fixed bug where bots would repeatedly fail to join with an invalid Steam ID
    Fixed a bug causing the first message from a plug-in message to be colored incorrectly

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Re: New CSS update -- Server needs updating.

I can connect to the server, but after some time, my client crashes since the server is not updated yet.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

I keep getting this message and then I get removed from the server

Host_Error: CL_ReadPreserveEnt: u.m_nNewEntity == MAX_EDICTS

Comment

This was mine the first time. I then later had a different one.

Host_Error: CL_CopyExistingEntity: missing client entity 622.

Comment

Strange they don't require version sync to join a server..

Comment

Yeah me too...update torqued my installation so I am reinstalling....what a b....
            considering I am i n a foul mood to begin with...this tops it :icon_mad:

Comment

Originally posted by Dragonwolf72
              Yeah me too...update torqued my installation so I am reinstalling....what a b....
              considering I am i n a foul mood to begin with...this tops it :icon_mad:

Is this problem on my side or the server's side?

Comment

It's the server's problem, since it's not updated. No need to reinstall.

Comment

cool...any eta

Comment

They are upgrading as we speadk, so check back shortly.

Comment

Many new noteworthy features for me, the server operator.

sv_visiblemaxplayers means the full server will now show 14/14 instead of 14/15. I'm also eager to get SourceTV working before our tournament's final match.
                      Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Must...keel....terrorists....need....update!
                        If it isn't PCS, whats the point?
                        with any questions or concerns.
                        |

Aggressive Defense (an oxymoron): A naturally occurring situational event where a defender is caught in a role reversal anomaly. Usually associated with lack of practice, discipline or map awareness in a team based conflict.

Comment

dragonwolf,

That happened to me just now but i just restarted steam and i did not have to do that..

Fixed a rare bug that caused some bullet impacts to be counted twice

happened to me all the time. hehehehe

- -

Comment

I cannot even join, it keeps telling me server is out of date, I updated CS:S

Comment

After the server being updated this evening, after players having updated their Steam client connected successfully en masse, and while those players successfully play round after round after round, the server continues to say in its console that it is out of date. I ignored this because players were having no more difficulty connecting.

If I hear, in this thread, any more claims of players failing to connect to the server despite having what seems to be tonight's latest Steam client update, I'll clear the servers and double-check the versions on both.
                              Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X