Help With Engine Error

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help With Engine Error

Whenever I try to get into a game I get the message "failed to open models/player/urban.vvd" which then causes the game to minimize and shortly thereafter I get "The instruction at "0x212fee75" referenced memory at "0x00ba9530". The memory could not be "read". Click on OK to terminate the program" I have downloaded the Catalyst driver from the ATI website, I am running a 3.8GHz Intel P4 with 1024mb of DDR2 and an ATI X800 Pro 256mb video card. Help?

Re: Help With Engine Error

Originally posted by TheMuncher
    Whenever I try to get into a game I get the message "failed to open models/player/urban.vvd" which then causes the game to minimize and shortly thereafter I get "The instruction at "0x212fee75" referenced memory at "0x00ba9530". The memory could not be "read". Click on OK to terminate the program" I have downloaded the Catalyst driver from the ATI website, I am running a 3.8GHz Intel P4 with 1024mb of DDR2 and an ATI X800 Pro 256mb video card. Help?
    It's choking on that file when it is loading....either the driver doesn't know what or do with it, or the file is corrupt. Those sort of refrence files come up when the program dumps.

Now, my money is on something being wrong with the file, but you could try downloading Omega's latest driver set and see if that helps. Might work.

Comment

feel free to click the link in my sig! GCF files :) Verify your cs source gcf!

- -

Comment

Many thanks, this problem only started plaguing me today, I hope the verifier can fix it.

Comment

I've run the one for CS:S and Half Life 2, but neither has come up with anything so I'll run them all and see if that helps any. :/

Comment

Ask someone to send you the problem file in question.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Well, could somebody send me the file? And a tutorial or readme on how to switch the two?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X