Just a useful idea

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a useful idea

This is only really ever a problem when the admins don't die like they're supposed to in the beginning of a round or there are none present. I think it works fairly well if the last person on the opposing team is afk, ask someone dead to cuss for you to call it out. This is the only way I can think of to communicate w/ the dead aside from finding a clairavoyant, and it's worked fairly well so far.

Re: Just a useful idea

Yes, in the old days, dead people would vote 0 to signal an afk.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

On the rare occasions i make it that far into a round, it would be nice not being shot in the head, or worse knifed, as i'm typing "are you af

TERRORIST WIN!
      Last edited by 9 v; 04-11-2005, 09:45 PM. Reason: Extra funniness

Comment

Originally posted by Uchiha Obito
        This is only really ever a problem when the admins don't die like they're supposed to in the beginning of a round or there are none present.
        For this reason, Root is the best admin ever. He certainly minimized this problem.

:) lol :)
        It's a game. Keep it real. Keep it fun.

-Keith

Comment

Originally posted by K2_the_Turtle
          For this reason, Root is the best admin ever. He certainly minimized this problem.
          lmao @ the Truth
          |TG-12th| asch
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by K2_the_Turtle

:) lol :)
            As I've said before Keith, all the admins contribute. You die quickly all the time and I ensure a greater admin presence :icon_lol:

Root
            BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Originally posted by Uchiha Obito
              This is only really ever a problem when the admins don't die like they're supposed to in the beginning of a round or there are none present. I think it works fairly well if the last person on the opposing team is afk, ask someone dead to cuss for you to call it out. This is the only way I can think of to communicate w/ the dead aside from finding a clairavoyant, and it's worked fairly well so far.
              I'm confused. At least I think I am. If the last person is afk, how are they going to ask someone to cuss? I presume you mean trigger the swear filter? And why if you were somehow afk in such a way as to be able to ask someone to swear, I'm even more confused. Surely that would mean to are *not* afk and therefore there isn't an issue? AFK players are the downside with such long round times. So many of you are prone to rushing in that it's not uncommon when I play to be the only player left on my team after 60 seconds have passed. If the other team have to spend the rest of the round wondering if I'm afk, they'll have a harder time than if they know I'm mobile. I've stopped answering people that ask me if I'm afk for this reason. Oh and don't we class communicating with dead players as cheating?

Root
              BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Communicating with players who give you information you shouldn't have and which you use to make gameplay decisions is cheating, but simply "communicating with dead players" isn't cheating. Uchiha is trying to circumvent a flaw in the game's design, not circumvent the gameplay itself.

He's suggesting that, if TeamA is opposed only by one lone player who they don't realize is AFK, that the dead players on TeamB spam the swear filter to alert TeamA that something is wrong. TeamA then assumes that TeamB means to tell them that TeamB's AFK is no longer in the gameplay and should be sought out and killed, to remedy the flaw in the game's design (AFK players remaining in the game, in an area of the map that is off-limits due to PCS' design).

He doesn't want an AFK person to trigger a swear filter. He wants the dead person's teammates to trigger the swear filter.. a LOT.

Also, players shouldn't have to worry whether or not you're AFK. If a player asks if you're still in the game, a response is warranted. If the player is playing the game no less respectfully than you are, he deserves a response. If his gameplay is somehow out of bounds, we have other remedies for fixing that... deception and miscommunication shouldn't be one of them.
                Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Thanks Wyz - I stand corrected. :icon14:

Root
                  BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

bind mouse1 "+attack; say I'm attacking you now so you see I'm not AFK!"
                    [volun2]
                    NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
                    Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
                    <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
                    <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Wyz explained what I was trying to say much more eloquently. Although I wouldn't recommend spamming swears, you're going to catch an auto boot if too much of that happens.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X