de_dust2
    de_piranesi
    cs_havana
    de_inferno-->de_view_update1
    de_contra
    cs_militia_tm2
    de_train

Can we switch this up?
    Maybe add junglerescue since it's operating properly now? It's been released to other communities as well. If inferno doesn't come out maybe we can just add in view to the rotation. It's very deserving, more so than inferno with it's unmarked bombsites...

- -

Re: Map Rotation

I'm all for adding view and jungle. I'm not bothered either way about inferno.

Root
    BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

I thought view was already in the rotation.. It should be, at this point, particularly since we've had it in the tourney.

I would not mind seeing the order shaken up though. Aztec is getting old, and it's always the starting one after a crash/reset.

Is Nuke still the server enema?

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Tempus
        I thought view was already in the rotation.. It should be, at this point, particularly since we've had it in the tourney.

I would not mind seeing the order shaken up though. Aztec is getting old, and it's always the starting one after a crash/reset.

Is Nuke still the server enema?
        de_lag_nuke would appear to still be to the server as a flashbang and a swat team to a house. Can we go back to the old version of nuke?

Root
        BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

I propose...

de_piranesi <-- Start here
          de_prodigy
          cs_italy
          de_train
          de_view_update1
          cs_office
          de_contra
          de_chateau
          cs_compound
          pcs_junglerescue
          de_inferno
          de_cbble
          cs_militia_tm2
          de_dust2
          de_aztec
          cs_havana

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Sounds cool to me.

Root
            BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

I propose...

de_prodigy
              cs_italy
              de_train
              de_view_update1
              cs_office
              de_contra
              de_chateau
              cs_compound
              pcs_junglerescue
              de_inferno
              de_cbble
              cs_militia_tm2
              de_dust2
              de_aztec
              cs_havana
              This may be crazy.. but do we need identical map rotations on each server?

Could we do 8 or 10 map rotations on each server and throw in some other nominees? John Galt and some others came up with some a short time ago that might have some merrit.

Comment

I technically can accomodate unique map rotations on the two servers, if we agree that's what we want.

For example, we could have the above rotation on TGCS1 and nothing but de_dust over and over again on TGCS2.
                Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

I propose...

de_prodigy
                  cs_italy
                  de_train
                  de_view_update1
                  cs_office
                  de_contra
                  de_chateau
                  cs_boring
                  pcs_junglerescue
                  de_inferno
                  de_cbble
                  cs_militia_tm2
                  de_dust2
                  de_aztec
                  cs_havana
                  That looks good to me too.

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
                  For example, we could have the above rotation on TGCS1 and nothing but de_dust over and over again on TGCS2.
                  Correct me if i'm incorrect, but back in '42 wasn't there one server that had all the new custom maps for testing, while one had the usual fare..?

Even if i am dreaming, would it be a good idea...server2 full of brand new non-standard maps for us to try out, and then the good ones get put onto server1?

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
                    I technically can accomodate unique map rotations on the two servers, if we agree that's what we want.

LOL....

Yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking....

Comment

de_dust is my bane...

I like that rotation mix listed.

I'd say let's make two different rotations, and keep both servers updated with new maps, that was we don't have to switch a server just to play a new map.

- -

Comment

I agree with Vulcan's last post, that list Tempus made looks pretty good, I see that he decided to put compound(good map) then junglerescue(great map) then inferno(meh map)... and I have a counter point to putting all new maps on one server, I have a problem late at night getting on to the servers as both are full, this doesn't even cover the problem of what if one server is full but no one wants to test these new maps. Feel free to burn anything I have just said as I am still new to FPS on PC and my ideas get PWNT alot.

Comment

Originally posted by 9 v
                          cs_boring
                          That looks good to me too.
                          LOL! 9v, you continue to be my hero...

Comment

Well with map voting seems like in the past 3 days that I have had CS it's the same 3-4 maps over and over. Not too bad for a noob like me since I don't know my way around any of them yet. My point though is why stress over rotation order when voting is on?

Comment

Because the only reason voting is on is due to a server bug we haven't fixed... yet. :)
                              Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X