Present admin and server loss...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Present admin and server loss...

The other day I observed Wyz saying in a post that it's not a good thing when the server won't do what we want it to do. I don't see that it's a good thing when the players won't do what we want them to do.

I am playing compound right now on Server #1. I have no way to contact any admin what so ever. Wyz is at work, I'm sure. Root isn't on xfire and I haven't seen him. 9v isn't present. Cing is afk on xfire. It is approximately 3:10 CST on April 12th.

This happens all day long. I sit and wait in the hopes that a game will start, and when it does, it turns into a fragmonkey deathmatch EVERY SINGLE TIME weekdays.

page_admin is broken right now, but there are STILL no admins online durring the day weekdays. This is mainly because of the volume of players during the weekdays, I think. I'm not sure.

I've been playing NS a lot lately. Amx FTW!>> All I gotta say. Untill we get Amx for CSS, are we just going to sit and tolerate our server being taken over by fragmonkeys?

That's all I want to know.

-Mom
    Yer Mom /O>

To all but me is the look given but never received. My heart sinks faster and faster every time I look into them, yet I do not understand their controling power on my soul. - W11114m W45h1n670n

Re: Present admin and server loss...

what I want to know is, well an admin plz come to the server, this is actually very very annoying. I have to deal w/ these ppl during the weekdays too, and apparently the paying members can't initiate a votekick at the moment. I have no way to enjoy our wonderful CS:S servers recently until late at night when more TG members are on and we can enforce our rules. My only guess about what can be done in the near future is to grant admin priviledges to 1 or 2 more ppl who can be trusted and are on the servers often. I'm not sure if this sort of thing is open for debate, but I think it would be nice if TG's CS community were allowed to hold secret ballot votes for new admins granting that the current admins nominated a few ppl.

Comment

I shall tell my boss to let me go home so that I may admin the server... :icon_lol:

We can add 10 admins, but that is still not going to guarantee admin coverage 24/7. When the tools are available to allow temp-admins, we will make them avaiilable, believe me.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Tempus, we are not asking for more admins. And I understand the tools are available.

Btw, why is vote kicking disabled?

I guess there's nothing that can be done about it.

-Mom
        Yer Mom /O>

To all but me is the look given but never received. My heart sinks faster and faster every time I look into them, yet I do not understand their controling power on my soul. - W11114m W45h1n670n

Comment

Well I know the admin process is not easy and you guys choose based on experience or recommendations. With that said i think we are in need of an admin who can help admin during the day. I work from home so i'm available to do that more so than others. But i won't be so bold as to say i'm admin worthy but i'd certainly take the job if it was offered.

Point is there are supporting members right now worthy of being an admin who are capable of admining the server during the day IMHO.

- -

Comment

I nominate myself as a very fair and "stalinesque" admin.
            When I work nights, I have to deal with the daytime fragmonkeys too. It sucks...Every two weeks CS Source just sucks.... Perhaps we could get an admin that can be around most daytime games...I only work night shift every two weeks, so I'm out...

Comment

Both Root and 9v have done excellent jobs in the daytime hours, and they are both in the UK. But even then, they can't be around all of the time.

There are no working tools available for temp admins right now. We are trying different solutions, but they are still buggy. When the day comes that we have a temp-admin solution, this will never be a problem. Until then, it will be a problem no matter how many admins we have.

We WANT you guys to have the power. We WILL give it to you when we can.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

ok, no more posting about being an admin, I didn't realize temp admin was a desired and yet unattainable ideal the servers were trying to reach. I'll consider my request withdrawn, plus Root showed up to dispatch of the problems.

Comment

Just thought I should add

thank_admin - root currently responding to distress signal received from uchiha ;)

Got rid of a couple of determined troublemakers. One told me that expecting T's to guard hostages goes against the spirit of counter strike?!?!?!?!

I wasn't planning on being on for long, but as there's been a bit of trouble, I'll stick around for a while. For the next few days at least, I'm at home during the day. What sort of time does the server start to get traffic? I'll try and be on to protect the afternoon players. It was 1pm today before I came OFF the server.

Root
                  BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Like Tempus said.. we're scrambling to get you guys a solution, I promise.

I wish I could wave a magic wand and *POOF* everything works, but it's not that easy, I'm afraid. :(
                    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Could we work out a temp admin situation? Cause that would make things happy time. Also, semi supporting members, where if someone who is registered at forums tries to join is kicks pubbies?

Comment

We'll not now be giving reserved slots to registered forum members who are not supporting members.

Also, we don't have any plans, presently, to give admin rights to individuals until we can get the pending solutions for supporting members working.

I will, though, prioritize getting those pending solutions working above all other TG tasks I have.
                        Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Root,

Normally, the heavier traffic doesn't start till 3:00 PM CST for me. That puts most highschoolers and dumb kids out of school.

Some of the people who join are actually tolerable. They will some-what listen. They only rush every once in a while, and when we yell at them, they listen. Most, on the other hand, do not listen. They object. They disgrace TG and it's members. I've been taunted at very many times with things such as, "Why is TG in your name? TG is g*y." "You're a noob because TG sucks ****."

I must go back to the respect post. If people are going to join the server just to disrespect TG and it's members and guests, I don't think we should give them a 3rd chance. I, personally, wouldn't give someone a second chance if he disgraced my family.

Yes, I know. We're fair, and leniant. I can understand that in some cases, but in most, I cannot. After the third warning, you're out. It's like that everywhere, Kindergarten to Highschool, Sports, Businesses, Workplaces, all the schools I can think of. I don't see why we should change the standards here.

In my highschool, if you said, "This school is g*y and it sucks ****." You'd be out of school for a week. You'd come back, and do it again, and be expelled for the year. Come back next year and do it again, you'd be thrown out completely to never return.

I think those standards go over everwhere.

Kids are getting mad at school because they can't tell their teachers things like that, so they come on the internet where they cannot be limited and punished, and go apesh*t. That's exactly what we're facing.

Why not just be teachers of life and get rid of them after the second time?

-Mom
                          Yer Mom /O>

Comment

I agree with that Mom.. If someone comes on and really mouths off, I don't even give them a second chance. They get the boot immediately.

Someone just came on and said, "Are there any admins on this lame server?" I answered him with a kick. A player like that will not benefit from being talked to nicely.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
                              I wish I could wave a magic wand and *POOF* everything works, but it's not that easy, I'm afraid. :(
                              That's not what you told me! You lied!?

I DEMAND SATISFACTION!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...