Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

temp admin rights and reserved slots (read this)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• temp admin rights and reserved slots (read this)

It's late, and I've not had 20 people to test the hell out of this stuff yet, but I think it's all working exactly as I want it to now, finally. Time will tell, but consider the following:

Supporting members now have access to the @kick and @map commands (console: @help) when no admins are present. When admins are present, they have no admin rights.

Any player, at any time, may use the @chat command to send a message to all players presently having @kick access (which supporting members won't have access to when an admin is present).

Use @chat only for administrative purposes. This too can be abused, so don't do it.

Reserved slots are now managed in such a way that they will not fail. Also, the player removed due to reserved slots is no longer selected at random. When the server is full, and someone without reservation must be removed, the server will first remove spectators. If no spectators are present, it will remove the player without reservation who has been on the server the least amount of time (like the NS server).

That's all for now.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: several updates tonight (read this)

I'll write more on this stuff later, when I'm less tired.

For now, a few thoughts:

a) supporting members can't start votes. You've got access to the full-on @kick and @map commands now.
    b) if you abuse @kick or @map, you'll answer to me and the other admins (a longer, less harsh version of that statement will come later). We give you these commands because we want you to USE them, but do not ABUSE them.
    c) continue to report reserved slot oddities to me, if you witness them.

This is a big deal for you supporting members. It will allow you to keep the servers clean during the times that admins are less-than-available.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Thank you Wyz....that is superb as I 'think' (Don't personally know them :P) the supporting members can act in a TG responsible way with the superpowers given :icon16:

Now I can FEEEEEEELL the power...BOW BEFORE ME....oops uh I mean play on! :icon_cool

Comment

Originally posted by Dragonwolf72
        Now I can FEEEEEEELL the power...BOW BEFORE ME....oops uh I mean play on! :icon_cool
        I believe I'm the designated megalomaniac here. Nice one Wyz!

Root
        BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Hey wyzcrak can you pimp my ID for me

Comment

I want to stress how careful supporting members must be when using these commands. You must make every attempt to verbally rectify the situation first. Supporting members don't appear to have the luxury of the @slay command. There have been many new players to our server who needed a lesson in our style of play, but once they did they have become great players and advocates.

Don't just kick... communicate with them.
            |TG-12th| asch
            sigpic

Comment

News, it's automated now. See thread below.

http://tacticalgamer.com/showthread.php?t=37556

Comment

wouldn't the slay command be more useful than the kick? typically i have felt and seen that the slay command speaks bounds while the kick command allows them to come back. just curious if the slay command is to much, i think it's better than the kick.

- -

Comment

If given the slay, i feel that people will abuse it. Members will slay first (because its so tempting) and then explain why they did the slaying. Where as the kick has to come after the explination. There lies the difference.

"Don't just kick... communicate with them." asch

repeated cause it fits...lol

IMHO vulc

-swoop-

Comment

Great job Wyz! :icon14:

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Excellent!!

The only downside is that now when an admin comes on all the members will be asking us to leave so they get their power back ;).
                      Twisted Firestarter
                      a.k.a |TG| Harkonian
                      sigpic

Comment

Well no matter what the power is, if it's abused then it's bad all the same. having an instant kick option is definately a good thing and will help matters.

Thanks alot Wyz!

- -

Comment

Originally posted by |TG| swoop
                          If given the slay, i feel that people will abuse it.
                          You know something... I thought the same thing when I introduced "kick" access to Natural Selection supporting members. I was very skeptical. VERY skeptical. I have a lot of admin power around here, and I know what sort of self control it takes to not abuse that.

Much to my satisfaction, the NS crowd has, since day one, handled the burden beautifully. I don't think I've heard a single abuse allegation, much less substantiate one.

So, with the NS crowd having set such fine precedent within TG, I'm rather optimistic about the CS crowd handling the burden just as well. And there is even MORE value in this for CS supporting members than there is in NS' same offering, as "undesirables" are far more frequent on a public CS server than they are on a public NS server.

I will note that the admins can revoke these privileges on a per-SteamID basis or for the entire supporting member base if need be. So, while it's a little nerve-racking giving admin rights to a bunch of people who aren't actually "admins", the plug can be pulled on the whole thing very quickly if need be, so it's not like it's a "point of no return" or anything.

Comment

Re: temp admin rights and reserved slots (read this)

I changed the thread title to something .... useful.

I have a pet peeve about thread titles not telling me about a thread's content, so I hate to see myself guilty of bad thread titles (I'm bad enough about crap content -- hehe).

Comment

Re: temp admin rights and reserved slots (read this)

Okay, so how leniant should we be on the stupid ones?

Do we warn once then kick, or warn twice then kick, or just kick if we know they should be kicked? How are we going about this?

-Mom
                              Yer Mom /O>

To all but me is the look given but never received. My heart sinks faster and faster every time I look into them, yet I do not understand their controling power on my soul. - W11114m W45h1n670n

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X