Vulc's new map.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vulc's new map.

We have all played and enjoyed pcs_junglerescue.

It deserves to be in the rotation.

Vulcan has already mentioned to the crowd that he is starting a new map. It's going to be urban based, but he's not sure exactly what or where as of right now.

I'm helping him with this. That's why I'm posting this. You guys can throw us all your ideas for this map. We're talking cityscape here, think that way.

If anyone else wants to contribute help at making the map, contact me or Vulcan (Vulcan perferably, but I'll be around as well).

-Mom
    Yer Mom /O>

To all but me is the look given but never received. My heart sinks faster and faster every time I look into them, yet I do not understand their controling power on my soul. - W11114m W45h1n670n

Re: Vulc's new map.

Ok Fellow Gamers,

I want to pass this by you and maybe Vulcan can add it into his map.

Mom and I were walking over to the break room for some drinks, when he brought up the fact the Vulc what making this new map. The possibility that it might be a Seattle based map...i was thinking maybe we could involve Microsoft Inc. Building into this. As to the bomb site being the main "Brain" Computer. Or if the map is to be a CS map....maybe just maybe the hosties be Bill Gates and his family.

Iono...just thought it would be a riot! :)

-Monkz
    Allen: Yeah, you're right.
    Monkerz: I think "that" in its self proves my intelligence greater than yours, thus joo have just been pwnt by Monkerz!

Comment

With Monkerz idea, just make sure you incorporate five points of divergence to defend yourself as in a copyright infringement case.

Comment

Good idea monkerz, While i'm not totally done with the jungle, i'm awaiting feedback and tips before i publish a new update. Let it get some play time.

Untill then i started making an urban map layout. Basically i was thinking of doing seattle locale because it's a beautiful city. The architecture is fantastic as well. I've not seen a seattle map either and TBH i'm sick of generic warehouse, city street maps.

I'm not aspiring to replicate any part of seattle, which i know very well purely because it would be way to difficult. but i plan on making it look like seattle in some ways. Does anybody remember the WTO riots? I was in the thick of those riots and I think this would be a cool setting. While incorporating microsoft would be nice, I dunno if it's feasible. Ideas are good though, keep em coming! Pictures help too.

- -

Comment

I also had an idea, Vulc.

If any of you have seen the movie Assault on Precinct 13, then you will know what I mean.

The Microsoft Building can come into this as well.

We place the CT's around the bombsites. One single bombsite.

T's are outside the building and they have to get in to plant and destroy the building.

Make it one HUGE building with the site on the bottom floor in the middle of the lobby. 2 story round/square type building with alteast 4-5 entrances.

This way, CT's MUST defend the entrances or wait the bombsites out.

Of course, we need windows, but don't make them dark. Make it have a button to turn the lights off. Nightvision FTW!

Not making the windows dark = no CT's watching them as they'll stand out A LOT and learn after they die 3 or 4 times.

I'd love to play something like this. Infiltration is ALWAYS awesome from ANY viewpoint. Flashbangs and smoke grenades will prove to be VERY useful, along with scoped weapons and nightvision. Lots of use for our gadgets.

-Mom
          Yer Mom /O>

To all but me is the look given but never received. My heart sinks faster and faster every time I look into them, yet I do not understand their controling power on my soul. - W11114m W45h1n670n

Comment

I really like that idea, CS_Twilight isn't on these servers and I really like that map. I just don't see it as much more than a fragfest but infiltration is a really great idea. A fire escape or 2 provides 2-4 points of entrance and makes a very fun/dangerous way to make your way in. Vents are always fun, and the chance to use those nightvision goggles is always a good idea. I always like being to push buttons too, and we already know you know how to make those triggers work Vulcan. Not sure if you are familiar with the Twilight map, idk how old it is, but you can look to it for a few ideas. Something more splinter cell-ish would always be a good idea, and with all of your enemies in one building it fosters communication on both sides.

Comment

Rgr that Uchiha OBITO!

That's the way I saw it. I love the idea of infiltration. Assault was my, among most other's, favorite map.

We could switch the map around to be cs_ as well, but I'd start with de_ as I've NEVER seen a map where T's have to actually infiltrate a bombsite. Normally they just rush to it, eh.

-Mom
              Yer Mom /O>

Comment

Well, even if my idea aint good enough for the almighty Vulc, I still got more. ;)
                Here are some Pics of the WTO Riots!

-This One Is Just Pretty-
                http://www.amigamccc.org/files/files..._Seattle_4.jpg

-A Crap Load Of PPL!
                http://www.newmediaphoto.com/WTO/TG-WTO-30.JPG

-THE BATTLE ZONE-
                http://www.spacechase.net/1999_trave...ts/battlez.jpg

-CTs Go Go GO!
                http://www.newmediaphoto.com/WTO/TG-WTO-01.JPG
                http://www.newmediaphoto.com/WTO/TG-WTO-46.JPG
                http://www.copwatch.org/wto02.jpg

-Hostages-
                http://www.newmediaphoto.com/WTO/TG-WTO-11.JPG

There is a ton, but im tired of looking

-monkz
                Monkerz: I think "that" in its self proves my intelligence greater than yours, thus joo have just been pwnt by Monkerz!

Comment

Your idea is good monkerz, i'm just not sure it can implemented. I'm going to base the map off a street setting, so i dunno how microsoft could be implemented since it's HQ is in redmond/bellevue area, which is across lake washington outside of the city of seattle. I would like to do something just outside inner city. I also thought about doing freemont which is a really cool setting. It has a giant troll under a bridge holding a volkswagen beetle in it's hand.

- -

Comment

Score.

Nice Vulc...

-Mom
                    Yer Mom /O>

Comment

Originally posted by Vulcan
                      I also thought about doing freemont which is a really cool setting. It has a giant troll under a bridge holding a volkswagen beetle in it's hand.

I like this idea...

-monkz

Comment

Originally posted by MONKERZ
                        Microsoft Inc. Building into this. As to the bomb site being the main "Brain" Computer. Or if the map is to be a CS map....maybe just maybe the hosties be Bill Gates and his family.
                        -Monkz
                        I don't think I could seriously tell the T's off for killing the hostages, or the CT's for running from a ticking bomb if this map were made :icon_lol:

Root
                        BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Roflmao @ Root

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X