Player in the UK

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Player in the UK

I've been enjoying playing on the Tactical Gamer servers and have noticed that there are a few folk from the UK. Can I get a roll call of UK players? I know Root is as I often chuckle to myself when I hear him going off at someone (Heheh).

Hi,

My name is Honest_Mistake. I've just started the 12 step program to get fully CS retoxed after a coupla years away.

Peace

Honest

Dissent Network
    George W Bush Jnr looked and sounded shocked when he heard that a Brazilian had died on the underground in London due to the new terrorism laws being passed, but was later heard saying "So how many exactly is a Brazillion?".

Re: Player in the UK

Hi Honest, as you probably know i'm in the UK too. In fact i feel partly responsible for your being here, via Sheriff and all.

Anyway, Welcome to TG! and the world of 100+ ping.. :D

Comment

Hi 9 v

Aye, you're an Oxfordy chap, no?

I've recently gotten back into CS after 2 0r 3 years off! Used to play when I lived with the sherriff on old dial up connections on Win 98se!

Just trying to get adsl out here on the farm I live on near Chalgrove and then I reckon there will be many a late night spent maiming and killing.

..oh, and maybe an upgraded pc to be able to play the game!

Peace

Dissent Network
      George W Bush Jnr looked and sounded shocked when he heard that a Brazilian had died on the underground in London due to the new terrorism laws being passed, but was later heard saying "So how many exactly is a Brazillion?".

Comment

<<<<Brighton (well...Hove actually). Been offline for a few days with CoD (just got it) but will be back for more CS:S soon.

Comment

Well, I'm not a "Limey," as it were...but I do live in the UK. Beaconsfield, just outside London off the M40.

Speakin of which, I just recently moved here from Saudi and was wondering what broadband service you guys recommend. I'm signed up with BT at the moment for 2Mb service, but they're stingy with their download limits.
          |TG| HOUDINI

Comment

Originally posted by houdini
            Speakin of which, I just recently moved here from Saudi and was wondering what broadband service you guys recommend. I'm signed up with BT at the moment for 2Mb service, but they're stingy with their download limits.
            Avoid tiscali - you can get your bandwidth throttled for listening to online radio for 5 hours in a week.

Avoid plusnet - if you sign up for their unlimited download package, you have a 75GB cap.

Have a look at www.adslguide.org - there's links to most of the major adsl suppliers in the uk, along with a forum and lots of info. Beware the speed checker results - plusnet for one have publicly said that their setup is such that if one of their customers uses the speedtest on this site, they get priority over other traffic, thus artificially boosting the results displayed on this site.

Root
            BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

I'm with Boltblue

Their BB service gets somepretty good reviews, and apart from them doing maintenance at 2.00am some nights (right in the middle of my gaming..) they've always been good enough for me. i pay 29.99pm for a 1Mb connection without limitations.

i've heard of terrible experiences with Tiscali, and of course it goes without saying, AOL too, so avoid those.

Charlgrove? i didn't think they had electricity over there yet, let alone broadband... ;)

Comment

I'm originally from Leeds, but in Manchester at the moment.

For ADSL, I recomend freedom2surf. Their service is aimed at people who know what they are doing, so they tell you all the technical stuff and don't stop you doing anything. They aren't the cheapest, but I needed something without a minimum contract.

If you can get it where you live, cable broadband is better and cheaper than ADSL IMO.
                Wintermute

Play EVE online. It's like being an accounting addict in space.

Comment

Are you stalking me again???

Go Pipex Unlimited......I waiting to migrate at the moment, should be done in a week or so. Great service and a decent isp - check out the reviews on www.adslguide.org.
                  [defense]

Comment

Whoops...should have mentioned that I am also a Yank living here in the UK...I have BT 2Mb (was upgraded free from 512k) at 24/month and have not come remotely close to using the 15Gb dl limit. Service has been spotless and despite the bad press on the Voyager 205 router it seems to be functioning with no issues at all (and I have two systems hooked to it...one wireless). If you are considering Tiscali I would be careful as I believe the packets are routed through Germany...not a big deal for general surfing but I have read reviews where intense connections (i.e. online games) will lag behind UK-based providers (I ping roughly 90-130 to US servers) and 20-60 or so on all European servers.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X