• Show
Clear All

• Server down?

Both servers down and out atm?
    :icon_eek:

Re: Server down?

All fixed. :)
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Server 2 is a lag fest on and off this evening. It doesn't appear to be a map change on server 1, as it's been empty on havana for at least an hour.

Root
      BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

That's been happening to the servers lately. They will start pinging consistently in the 500-900 range for several minutes and then settle down. It has no effect on the other server, and is not due to a map change.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

I'll start monitoring the server to see if I can discover a cause or pattern.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
            And they laughed at me on the server when I said our techincal experts were on the case.

Root

Where's my damn golden lemming award?
            BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Actually, come to think of it, someone IM me in real-time when this happens.

I'm on XFire, AIM, Yahoo, MSN, ICQ, IRC, and TeamSpeak.

Comment

Ok here is a thought. Why doesn't someone setup a server check with alarm. I know Norton has one built into their utilities suite. Let me see if it is loggable too....

Comment

Norton is inherentily incompatable with all Valve games, all 3-d game for that matter. Ok that also includes servers.

norton is teh suckzors!

- -

Comment

Actually, come to think of it, someone IM me in real-time when this happens.

I'm on XFire, AIM, Yahoo, MSN, ICQ, IRC, and TeamSpeak.
                    LOL

And I thought I was well connected!

Comment

Originally posted by Vulcan
                      Norton is inherentily incompatable with all Valve games, all 3-d game for that matter. Ok that also includes servers.

norton is teh suckzors!
                      That includes servers? Are you implying that other Norton products are incompatible with 3D games? I've been running the full Norton suite of utilities minus the firewall for years now and have never had any problems with it...

Comment

Server 1 appears to be down. I was just getting rid of de_dust, and when piranesi tried to load I got nada.

Root
                        BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Server's up again.

Comment

Thanks Wyz.

Root
                            BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Servers down again...

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server