Half Life 2 Mod: Plan of Attack Beta 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Half Life 2 Mod: Plan of Attack Beta 1

Since we don't have a Half Life 2 forum, and this looks like it might interest the CS:S folks, there is a new HL2 mod called Plan of Attack that looks interesting.

http://www.planofattackgame.com/

Key Features
    Strategy - you choose what to attack, what to defend, and how to fool the enemy team
    Multiple objectives - each map has multiple paths to victory, with games always playing out differently
    Attack and defend - alternating attack and defend rounds means you need to be good at both to capture and hold all of the objectives
    Experience levels - doing well increases your skill level, which leads to class-specific bonuses
    Stats package - a robust, web-based statistics package to track everything from kills and time played to assists and accuracy, across all Plan of Attack servers
    Gameplay
    Fast paced - rounds are quick, keeping you in the action
    Multiple classes - encourages different styles of play; sneak up behind the enemy, kill them from a distance, or take them on full-force
    User friendly - designed for new players and experienced players alike: a map, radar, and other UI cues help new players know where to go and what's going on, but don't get in the way for experienced players
    New weapons - 15 new weapons, with 5 unique weapons per team
    Rocket launchers - one-shot RPGs can turn the tide of a battle
    In-game radar - shows the current map and your teammates' locations
    Coin toss round - the first round of every game is pistols-only, with all players visible on the map
    Persistent - each round builds upon the last, leading to an overall victory or loss for the team. No more doing the same thing over-and-over again
    Dynamic maps - the maps are non-linear and multi-dimensional, leading to more varied gameplay
    Money system - a buy system to purchase weapons
    Anyone want to try this out?

Re: Half Life 2 Mod: Plan of Attack Beta 1

I have played it. I am a little lost right now, but it seems cool. Keep in mind it is a beta, and was just released. The objective is always changing, which is interesting. Hopefully this is the beginning of a slew of excellent HL2 MODS!

A good man stands up for himself. A great man stands up for others.

Comment

Originally posted by Usarion
      I have played it. I am a little lost right now, but it seems cool. Keep in mind it is a beta, and was just released. The objective is always changing, which is interesting. Hopefully this is the beginning of a slew of excellent HL2 MODS!
      My impression is that its sort of CS reskinned, with some Joint Ops/RPG elements thrown in. That impression about right?

Comment

There is your PCS CS Mod. Camp the Objective.

Comment

ok, ill try it out...not sure i like the "fast gameplay" aspect...but ill look at it

Comment

ok...that was an interesting experience...very beta. Very cartoony...pretty difficult. Could have its merits though...

However, I did find that although we did have an "objective" every time...the defending team would rush forward to meet the threat head on...often in the middle of the map...
            could be interesting....id like to see their next beta...

Comment

Yeah, it is based around a great idea in that the objective is dynamic, and you only really benefit if your team accomplishes an objective (experience points or money). Once the gameplay is improved a bit more (better graphics, better control, integrated voice), I can see this game being a great place to play a solid team game.

Comment

I wish the dev team some luck, Good mods take hard work. This one is off to a great start. I'm downloading it and trying it out.

- -

Comment

Sounds very interesting, I'll download it now and see how I like it. Would it be possible to get our own servers on this if most of us find we like it enough?

Comment

well after playing it, it's a thinned down version of bf1942 in a way. The only difference you get levels for your class. It seemed good but needs alot of work still.

- -

Comment

Originally posted by Vulcan
                      well after playing it, it's a thinned down version of bf1942 in a way. The only difference you get levels for your class. It seemed good but needs alot of work still.
                      In that case, let's all head to the BF:DC server. :icon_cool
                      |TG-12th| asch
                      sigpic

Comment

Lazy Eye mentioned this on our IRC channel (#TacticalGamer on irc.gamesurge.net). It looks pretty interesting. Very similar to CS but with just a few tweaks to make it more objective orientated.

It looks like a new beta has been released since the above posts.
                        http://www.planofattackgame.com/news.php
                        "* Voice communication is supported"

I will download it and give it a go. Any chance of a server, or at least getting it onto the request server for a while?
                        Wintermute

Play EVE online. It's like being an accounting addict in space.

Comment

eh, it's all about the upcomming "spirit of konoha"...besides, we've already got css ;)

Comment

Tried it out and it's interesting. My first impressions are that it's CS with extra bomb sites that give goodies. That and I can't seem to hit anything. It's kind of embarassing.

Comment

Originally posted by Arf
                              Tried it out and it's interesting. My first impressions are that it's CS with extra bomb sites that give goodies. That and I can't seem to hit anything. It's kind of embarassing.
                              That's how I felt playing Firearms 3.0 last night. Actually, the two mods are more similar than dissimilar. Either team get's their act together, we may have something.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X