Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying CS Source

Hey,

My birthday is coming up next week and i was thinking of spending some of my money i got on getting CS Source. Just wondering, do u have to buy it with Half Life 2 or is there anyway to get it seperate. Also, do u have to get it through steam or is there any chance of getting a cd; because my network isn't very good and crashes when i try to perform large downloads.

Thanks

Re: Buying CS Source

Originally posted by IC-Phantom
    Hey,

My birthday is coming up next week and i was thinking of spending some of my money i got on getting CS Source. Just wondering, do u have to buy it with Half Life 2 or is there anyway to get it seperate. Also, do u have to get it through steam or is there any chance of getting a cd; because my network isn't very good and crashes when i try to perform large downloads.

Thanks
    I've only seen it available as a package with HL2...

You can download it from Steam... it's will pick up where it left off if you shut the computer off or whatever.........

Comment

ok. just gotta find the cheapest way of getting a HL-2 package with it then.

*Does this deal look good http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...128-127&depa=6

Comment

I know nothing about that link, but, if it is what it says it is, I don't see the problem?

Go for it...
        Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

CS Source is a mod for HL2 so you will need HL2 to run it. You can purchase HL2 in stores, however all updates are done through steam so you will still have to suffer through some of the slow downloads.
          |TG-12th| asch
          sigpic

Comment

I still think that the Silver Package is the best bang for your buck, ESPECIALLY if you don't have the original HL and mods...

I can't wait for DoD:Source.
            Become a supporting member!
            Buy a Tactical Duck!
            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
            TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

HL2 and CS can be bought at walmart for 50 bucks.

- -

Comment

Not sure if there are Fry's Electronics stores everywhere or if it's just in Texas, but they have been running awesome deals on PC games for the past few weeks. A friend of mine bought Doom 3 and HL2 for a combined total of $50 USD from Fry's so if there's one near you, give them a look.

Comment

I bought my copy off e-bay for $27 bucks with shipping.... I know that can be a risk at times, but I've bought software there on several occasions without a problem.
                  Dirt013

Comment

Never buy a used online-authenticated game. Someone else can already be using that key/steamid/whatever, and conflict with yours in many different ways.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

ok. just gotta find the cheapest way of getting a HL-2 package with it then.

*Does this deal look good http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...128-127&depa=6

that is a great deal..a couple of our guys have that "import" version from newegg and except for the packaging, there is no difference between the import and domestic.
                      really a smart buy.

a.c.

Comment

Ok. I'm ordering it today and should get it on tuesday (my birthday) . Any words of advice or tips you guys could give me would be great. With my network crashing during large downloads i may not actually be able to play till wednesday, who knows (freaking Comcast).

Comment

Any words of advice or tips you guys could give me would be great.
                          Aim for the head,shoot in short bursts with automatic weapons,and dont die.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X