This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "what happend?" "something changed" "no activity ... AGAIN!"

Lately I notice sever attendance hasn’t been like it was in the past, the sever would picked up around 6pm got full and SM’s where the only one’s able to get into the sever with a couple of lucky pub’s and stay up for hours.. But lately the sever been well Blahh. The sever picks up for maybe an hour with 7v7 and then dies and drops down to a 3v3 or 4v4 not really much fun. I also understand that there are a lot of new games out there.

I been playing BF2142 lately because of this slow pace of the sever. BF in the Moring and CSS at night, but even at night the sever seems dead, I believe and this is just a suggestion, the sever needs to go back to mod nights. And only does it on the main sever. In BF2142 the admins do something different ever day of the week, giving the people something different to do. Example: Monday Plain Conquest, basically capture the flag, Tuesday No vehicles, Wednesday Assault Lines, basically capture all the flags and then you can capture the enemy’s main base, Thursday Lockdown night, Friday Level 2 unlocks only, getting rid of a lot of your equipment, Saturday Titan, Sunday plain Conquest.

I Believe the sever should bring back tactically Zombie mod, vanilla night once a week, and keep the lockdown night as is but with a little more admin’s present. My thoughts where Monday though Tuesday Plain TG sever Wednesday Tactical Zombie Mod, Thursday Vanilla Night, and Friday thought Sunday Lockdown. Just for a month to see if the sever starts to pick up but if not keep it as is.

To see how the feedback is put a vote up with a forum for people to voice what they think about the Mods and to give feedback. In the general area cause that is the most viewed one. Whether they like them or not. While we do that, throw in a couple of new maps for them to play on to spice things up a little. Maybe not new but some of the really old ones, the New kids haven’t seen and the old school liked to play.

This is just my ideas on how to get the sever were it use to be. Also post any ofter idea's as well or if you agree or dis.
    Last edited by Vulcan; 07-23-2009, 04:35 PM. Reason: paragraphs dude...

Re: "what happend?" "something changed" "no activity ... AGAIN!"

Well first the server has been experiencing lag issues that I can now confirm are not related to the plugins we use. I ran extensive testing on this and will be dealing with that with through the host.

The mods won't help css all that much though. We played them and they just weren't up to par. If you have some new suggestions, then please do so in the dev forum.

CSS is also now 5 or so years old and offers very little after you experience the newer games. Although it still has it's old school feel I don't think it's just that much of a draw anymore.

Summer has always been a dead time as well. People are out and about not at home slaving to a computer!

Other various uncontrollable factors play into as well. During the tourney we had a huge interest but many people just had other things come up and did not show up. It happens though and the server will continue to run and we can look at our options.

- -

Comment

Personally i think a lot of the dead time is because the lag is so bad. Idk we have lag issues now? But for me it seemed to start when we ported from the old server to the new one, aka getting a new host and locaton.

Not saying any of you are wrong but i have also been expirencing the lack of play and the MAJOR lag. My aprt complex has messed up my internet but I still lag moreon our server than any other one.

I'm just bummed cause I don't have many of these cool new games like BF 2142 or ARMA ect.

--Gen Waffles
      |TG-24th|Gen. Waffles CO

Comment

meh I agree the game is quite old. But the game play it offers is something I haven't seen replicated yet in any title since, no matter how modern and advanced the graphics engine.

And I know for me it's not really CS:S I log in to play. It's playing with the CS:S TG guys that keeps me coming back. And the level of teamwork and communication that I've come to expect from the mature community surrounding the TG source mods server. It's our rally point, a place to play with old friends. Least that's what it is to me.

Since we've got 2 servers as far as I know and the second one isn't really in use at the moment as it's not seeing much traffic if any. Would it be alright to allow Fran and whoever else would like to help to add some of these variety mods in an effort to increase server traffic?

I understand not wanting to commit to much of the time of our dedicated volunteer admin team to working on these changes for such an old game. But I think Fran is onto something, perhaps we could let him run with it.
        CoD WaW = -Cloak-
        CS:S/CoD4 = Cloak
        BF2/BF2142 = Alucard_Zer0
        EVE Online = Assassin Zer0

Comment

I can only speak for myself, but it has nothing to do with lag issues or anything of that sort. Been busy preparing to move and such.

Other than that, it's summer! Can't expect everyone to be big nerds during the summer when there are all these attractive girls out and about!

Get out and hang with friends. Heh. I'll be back once it's not nice outside and I'm all moved in in the new place.
          "We can not ensure success, but we can deserve it." - John Adams
          "Sometimes I guess there just aren't enough rocks." - Forrest Gump

Comment

I'll play if the server is more or less full and I'm not in 2142.

Comment

Well I am back from camping and will be hitting it up again in my evenings. So when you seer me either on steam friends or in game come and help me seed it.

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
              Winston Churchill

Comment

What happens is that there will be multiple people checking on the server seening if anyones in it...meh its hard to explain so heres an example.
                Johnnys at his computer and he sees that noones in TG so he just mosies on over to some lame pub. Then at the same time, Jane and Mary also see that there is noone in the TG server so they go play some zombies together. Then Bob hops on CSS and also sees that theres nobody in game so he just quits and gos to surf the web. yet if al these people knew that there were others wanting to play TG, then possibly the server would fill up and everyone would be happy ;)

So check out your friends list, send some pm's, and hopefully get some people in there. Also remember to scroll down and send a quick schout to the people where it syas 'online' not only the ones 'ingame'.

And remember...You need a virus to start an infection....YOU COULD BE THAT VIRUS!!!

303rd Logistical Studies Group

"The death of one man is a tragedy. The death of millions is a statistic."
                - Joseph Stalin

Comment

Nicely put, CSM.

Yes it's summer, but that means squat weather-wise in the UK :(

Former E1st Heavyweight

Comment

I completely agree with CSM there. But I'd like to ask people not to leave when a bad map comes up. If you really dislike it, post something about it on the forums, or ask an admin to change it. On many occasions I've seen the server at around 10-12 players, and then a map like industry or classified comes up, and suddenly the server empties. In my experience, even though I know quite a few maps I dislike for different reasons, I can still have a lot of fun on those maps. Besides, with the 5 round limit, maps go by relatively fast.

Comment

Or we could add more "Active" temp admins :icon12:. Solves everything + alot more warning/ kicks ;).

Originally posted by Night Fly88 View Post
                      I'm just bummed cause I don't have many of these cool new games like BF 2142 or ARMA ect.
                      BF2142 is a very old and not so good game. True it is newer than css though.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. ~ Jimi Hendrix

And isn't it a bad thing to be deceived about the truth, and a good thing to know what the truth is? For I assume that by knowing the truth you mean knowing things as they really are. ~ Plato

Comment

Originally posted by Extinct View Post
                        I resent that. :row__536:

I guess I'll have to come play CSS when I get off my cruise to Bermunda and shoot you. I guess that is an effective way to get on to the server! :madsmile:

You should try 2142 though.

Comment

Blasphemy!!!

But well ... I'd say the main reason for the low activity is summer. I mean seriously now. When it is so nice and warm outside you just don't want to sit next to your PC and let it heat your room even more :D
                          "Imagination is more important than knowledge" - Albert Einstein

Comment

Or we could add more "Active" temp admins :icon12:. Solves everything + alot more warning/ kicks ;).
                            Nothing we can do if no one plays....sir.

Comment

Originally posted by DrBeat View Post
                              I resent that. :row__536:

I guess I'll have to come play CSS when I get off my cruise to Bermunda and shoot you. I guess that is an effective way to get on to the server! :madsmile:

You should try 2142 though.
                              I own it and have played it many times, never with TG though which might be why i dislike it.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. ~ Jimi Hendrix

And isn't it a bad thing to be deceived about the truth, and a good thing to know what the truth is? For I assume that by knowing the truth you mean knowing things as they really are. ~ Plato

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X