So... I gotta question...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So... I gotta question...

If there are no more 14/15 slots, then how do reserved slots come into play? I bought the membership to help the community, I understand, but with that membership comes my expectancy to not have to wait 30 minutes or an hour before I can play due to 15/15 slots.

Is this HLTV? I can't see that it is a bug with CSS because it happens on the NS server too. Did I miss something?

I just don't understand how reserved slots can even be manufactured without the one open slot. I partially paid so that I wouldn't be kicked for reserved slots, yet I don't understand how it matters if no members can join durring gameplay.

Maybe it's just really late and I'm thinking too much...

-Mom
    Yer Mom /O>

To all but me is the look given but never received. My heart sinks faster and faster every time I look into them, yet I do not understand their controling power on my soul. - W11114m W45h1n670n

Re: So... I gotta question...

Let me know if this doesn't answer all your questions:

http://xlii.com/showthread.php?t=37557
    It's a game. Keep it real. Keep it fun.

-Keith

Comment

wow Keith... great reference.

We outta make the guy that wrote that an admin.

Damn that's a great thread.
      Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

There's nothing different with regards to reserved slots, except for the fact that you have to go through the motions to join what steam views as a full server. You can still join, in fact, I've seen the server show 16/15 because of the ability to jump on the server despite what steam thinks. HLTV only appears to eat up a slot when in reality it does not... However, steam's current limited function of HLTV does make it a bit of a moot service, but it is nice to have the option of using it and hopefully it will become more user friendly in the future.

Comment

there are 2 servers to serve you. it's not like the end of the world if ur not served ya know ;)

Comment

I have two icons on my desktop, server 1 and server 2. Those are my CS icons, because i don't play anywhere else. So if the server is full i pick the icon and join. Voila i'm in.

- -

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
              wow Keith... great reference.

Damn that's a great thread.
              LOL!!!

:)

Nice one Wyz.
              It's a game. Keep it real. Keep it fun.

-Keith

Comment

Ty guys... I r nub :D

Yer Mom = Nub who never uses search :D

-Mom
                Yer Mom /O>

To all but me is the look given but never received. My heart sinks faster and faster every time I look into them, yet I do not understand their controling power on my soul. - W11114m W45h1n670n

Comment

Originally posted by Yer Mom
                  Ty guys... I r nub :D

Yer Mom = Nub who never uses search :D

-Mom
                  no
                  Yer Mom = Just Nub

Comment

Yer mom has just been downgraded to Nib, that's the phase before you become a nub.

- -

Comment

Or give him a pin to deflate his head with.
                      j/k

Seriously, good work wyz. You always have the answers before the questions are even asked.
                      Wintermute

Play EVE online. It's like being an accounting addict in space.

Comment

Originally posted by Wintermute
                        You always have the answers before the questions are even asked.
                        that's it.... I'm just gonna have to install a scrolling marquee into my signature....

or, I could just go fetch that pin.....

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

that's it.... I'm just gonna have to install a scrolling marquee into my signature....

or, I could just go fetch that pin.....
                            You could make the text smaller in your sig...
                            Become a supporting member!
                            Buy a Tactical Duck!
                            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                            TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

It's not physical space that's the problem, it's character limitation. The smaller text is a good idea, though. Thank you. I'll do that presently.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X