Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Funny Summer Stories

Mine is : The Bathroom Bandit

He is a odd man about 40 years of age dresses like an old man and has a very strange looking comb over. He likes to meddle with our bathroom from time to time at the convenience store I work at. His most notable prank has been fiddling with the inside of the toilet so it doesn't want to flush. Every time I watch him leave the store he is maniacally laughing in a low tone as not to alert anyone.

My question is... What makes someone do such silly things for no apparent reason?

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. ~ Jimi Hendrix

And isn't it a bad thing to be deceived about the truth, and a good thing to know what the truth is? For I assume that by knowing the truth you mean knowing things as they really are. ~ Plato

Re: Funny Summer Stories

Haha, those guys are always funny. We have some guy who sometimes walks around naked or in his underpants up and down our road.

Comment

At the leisure center I work at there is a man who rings up and calls himself the slide king every couple of months and will ask if the flumes/water slides are open on such and such day and then will come in and just go down them constantly like 40 times and then leaves haha, apperently he goes to all the swimming pools around.

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
      Winston Churchill

Comment

Now that I think about it, I've got some really weird communist hippy neighbours who always walk around in their underware. They don't seem to always grasp the meaning of personal property(the husband once walked into our home, without knocking, in his underware with a naked baby in his arms, asking for some help towing his boat). I've seen them naked loads of times, they seem to think standing by the road leading to our house is acceptable after being in a sauna. They aren't too bright either. They making a deep, unfenced pond with two toddlers in the family and a third on the way. And on their first try, they just dug a huge hole and filled it with water. I happened to walk by while they were standing around, trying to figure out why the water was seeping into the ground.

Comment

dang pot that's some back hills living there lol.

- -

Comment

Well i work at this place called Play It! Game Center. Its a place where you pay by the hour or get a days pass just to come in and play on some Alienwares or xbox 360s and everyday this little kid whos 8, is always just waiting for me to open the store every morning. So this has been happening everyday this summer so far. I asked hime one day how old he was and if his parents knew he was here (since most the games are rated M) and he said "Well my mom works at JC Penney and she gives me money everyday to do what i want at the mall so I just come here." After this i was like, welll maybe i should find out who this Mother is and just give her a heads up, right? WRONG! I told the kid to take me to his mom and she freaked out about how i shouldnt be in others peoples business and should think about working at my 'stupid' video games store. I was like, WHOA, first of all, theyre not stupid. And second of all your kid has been in the store from the time it opens till the afternoon shift begins. So after that she started focusing her anger to the kid and now hes not allowed to play anything above T (teen). So either I did the llady a favor, or just messed in their business...

303rd Logistical Studies Group

"The death of one man is a tragedy. The death of millions is a statistic."
            - Joseph Stalin

Comment

I've got a hilarious story, and I really hope it doesn't offend anyone.

So I am a Grocery Manager for Publix (it's a well known grocery store in the southern states of the US). I work in a store where most of our customers are elderly people (northerners that come down only during season and such so they come and go).

One of the women working up front paged me to the front desk to help this 70+ grumpy gentlemen about an inquiry he had about an item and he was upset that he could not find in the store. I was currently the only manager in the store, and lucky for him, I'm a Grocery Manager, so I was pretty knowledgable about what items we could and could not get.

I walked up to him, introduced myself and asked what I could help him with. He looked at me really fishy, then stated to me that he wanted to see a real manager (I'm guessing since he was an old-timer he expected a male manager). I explained to him, that I was in fact, a real manager.

Behind the desk up front we have our manager pictures along with our full names. I'm pretty sure he did not believe me when I told him I was a manaer, because he spent about 2 minutes examining the pictures and names. He finally decided that one of the pictures was me and was confused by my last name, so he asked "Schaller? Is that German?" I replied "Yes sir, it's 100% German!" Excitedly thinking that maybe the gentleman himself was German and it made him feel better that we had the same ethnic backgound, he then stated to me, "You mean, 100% Nazi." And he left.

I really didn't know what to say.
              - Robyn

Comment

Wow, that old guy is a really keeper I hope he comes around more often.(sarcasm intended)

What a old coot!

Why are people so evil?

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. ~ Jimi Hendrix

And isn't it a bad thing to be deceived about the truth, and a good thing to know what the truth is? For I assume that by knowing the truth you mean knowing things as they really are. ~ Plato

Comment

He had probably just finished watching the Indiana Jones movies. Those always make me hate Nazis.
                  The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
                  I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
                  Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Some crazy guy in town tried to call George Bush, Sr. to let him know he was coming to Washington to clean house. Didn't take long before he got a visit from the feds, or the men in black as he liked to call them.

Comment

Great stories hahaha.
                      "We can not ensure success, but we can deserve it." - John Adams
                      "Sometimes I guess there just aren't enough rocks." - Forrest Gump

Comment

:D I concur

Former E1st Heavyweight

Comment

Here's one for the books that just happened last week. I as some of you might know Manage a Pet Store, we have quiet a few locations, and was helping to cover a shift at one of the other stores(which was a bit ghetto) to put it. So I'm working there and twice in 1 day I had 2 people that came in who couldn't speak English that well and thought they could :) Long story short they asked me around 10 times until I finally understood them and there question was "Where are your cell phone chargers at?" I'll leave it at that.

Comment

Well, back at the old realm of summer camp, I was once pwned by a zip line. How do you ask?

Well, me and a bunch of my buddies were on a ropes course. After taking our turn on the zip line, the counselor asked me and my buddy nicknamed "hampster" to assist in letting people off the zip line. You see, this wasn't your ordinary zip line: the lowest point was in fact, the center. The rider would swoop down, slow, then slip back towards the middle of the line that was over a creek. Hampster and I were tasked with once the rider slowed down to a near stop, to grab the slack rope that they would deploy, then reel them into a ladder. Well, let's say some people don't like to follow directions. ;) I stood just to the right of the riders trajectory, waiting for them to whiz by. One of the campers, deploys the slack rope at the beginning of the ride, the rope chasing the camper at high speed. When this camper passes me, this is when things get hairy. Remember that slack rope? Yeah. It wraps around my right leg, yanking me through a back words summer salt on to my stomach. I then was dragged, 6 feet until the camper finally came to a halt. I grudgingly removed the rope to a terrible criss cross pattern of rope burns on my leg. Took over a year to fade, but admittedly I find it funny now...
                            Last edited by DrBeat; 08-05-2009, 10:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DrBeat View Post
                              Well, back at the old realm of summer camp, I was once pwned by a zip line. How do you ask?

Well, me and a bunch of my buddies were on a ropes course. After taking our turn on the zip line, the counselor asked me and my buddy nicknamed "hampster" to assist in letting people off the zip line. You see, this wasn't your ordinary zip line: the lowest point was in fact, the center. The rider would swoop down, slow, then slip back towards the middle of the line that was over a creek. Hampster and I were tasked with once the rider slowed down to a near stop, to grab the slack rope that they would deploy, then reel them into a ladder. Well, let's say some people don't like to follow directions. ;) I stood just to the right of the riders trajectory, waiting for them to whiz by. One of the campers, deploys the slack rope at the beginning of the ride, the rope chasing the camper at high speed. When this camper passes me, this is when things get hairy. Remember that slack rope? Yeah. It wraps around my right leg, yanking me through a back words summer salt on to my stomach. I then was dragged, 6 feet until the camper finally came to a halt. I grudgingly removed the rope to a terrible criss cross pattern of rope burns on my leg. Took over a year to fade...
                              That's not funny. That is dreadfully morose.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X