new pcs potential map de_penstock_beta

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new pcs potential map de_penstock_beta

I've got this map uploaded to my ftp, it was made by Schobbejak. You can view his beta thread here
    http://www.chatbear.com/board.plm?a=...4989&v=flatold

you can download the map from there or from my TG download
    http://members.tacticalgamer.com/~vu...stock_beta.rar

the map is very good and i think it has potential for our servers, if anybody else agree's i'd like to see it on the server for testing! It has very good FPS too.

- -

Re: new pcs potential map de_penstock_beta

downloaded. will check out later

Comment

I wish wyz would put xcom on the servers there are a few of us that would like to play it

Comment

Ive run through it as spec, t, and ct.

Heres a screeny:

http://img48.echo.cx/my.php?image=newmap5oh.jpg

There are 2 bomb sites, a and b. b is in front of ct spawn, and a is in ct spawn. the map is pretty symmetrical. One thing it didnt show was a sewer. The t entrance to the sewer is the thin blue line. It goes under to waist deep water (crouch submerges) and forks around two pillars and some pipes, then rejoins, and surfaces at a ladder the symmetrically same spot on the ct side as the t side.

My thoughts on "boundaries" are the red thick lines are definate ct no no's above ground, while the thin ones may be debatable (my personal opinion is the thick ones). The thick blue line is where ct's should definately not go, and the blue thin the debatable.

Anyway, this map is pretty weird, and it may turn into a straight b rush all the time. Except, b is hard to defend the bomb, and there are 3 or 4 or so ways to get to a, while only 2 or 3 or so ways to get to b. I dunno. It definately looks interesting.

Comment

I played it locally...
          I'm in......

Comment

Hi all; I made this map and i would like to comment on the tactics; A straight rush to b would not be recommendable, because the ct's would definately notice that, and they have more cover while securing b. I am more concerned all t's rushing the sewer (but they are vulnarable coming out of it)

I think B is placed pretty good, but if anyone has a better suggestion for A i would like to hear it (if the t's have a disadvantage - i could place site-a in the tunnel (behind the roadblocks, if they don't, site-a could be the gasstation).

Comment

good to see you schobbejak! I'll have to see it played before i can make a recommendation on site A.

- -

Comment

Mapmaker is here? We definitely need this on the server!
                Become a supporting member!
                Buy a Tactical Duck!
                Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

This map is now on the server and not in rotation.
                  Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

When can it go in the rotation? It's awesome! T spawn is a little too close to B for my liking, but I guess that could make it a great PCS map.

Edit : a bunch of us played it earlier. I just did a map vote, and there were 11 yay votes out of a possible 14. That's pretty good going.

Root
                    Last edited by Root; 04-24-2005, 11:17 PM.
                    BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Put This Map In Now!!! Now I Say!!!

Noooooooowwwwwww!!!!!!!!!

edit: TAKE OFF CAPS LOCK KILLER NOW I SAY! NOOOWW!

Comment

played and had fun....lots of little places...i would find it acceptable to include this in the rotation...:)

Comment

This is one of the best maps yet. I love it. Great attention to detail. Lots of good places to shoot from. Seems balanced for t or ct.

Ghost

Comment

I alt-tabbed out of CS while it was setting up the bot crapola for this map...
                            and it screwed it up...runs awful locally.. 10fps and 350 ping....

Does anybody know (Vulcan? ;-) ) which file(s) I would need to delete to have it reconfigure

TIA.....

Dog

Comment

don't try to run it with bots, i will have the final ready soon (with a .nav file).

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X