New habit has taken me from CS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New habit has taken me from CS

Not that any of you have been missing me from the TG Source servers, but I have been sucked into a new game. World of Warcraft has drawn me in and I think I will be stuck there for some time.

I'm sure I will drop in occasionally to get killed repeatedly once in awhile.

The Muffin Man

Re: New habit has taken me from CS

Oh no, another soul lost.... :(

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

It's MMO heaven there. You've gone to a better place so they say. I wish you good travels there. I will stick with reality though :P

- -

Comment

I just don't understand why on top of buying a game, and paying for an internet connection, someone would pay even more to play the game they already bought. :icon_conf

Root
        BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

because it's a HUGE server with about 1000 other people playing it with you.

- -

Comment

that's the addictive power of an mmorpg, don't get caught in it!

Comment

You're still throwing all that additional money away. If I could write one of these games I'd make a fortune selling it by putting a big sticker on the front of the box "NO ADDITIONAL FEE TO PLAY THIS GAME!!!!"

I had a heart attack the day I saw a PC game selling for over 30. I cannot comprehend the mental processes of someone who pays 40 for a new console game. You buy your game, that should be the total cost you pay for playing it.

Root
              BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

I really don't understand what's so addictive about it.. Granted I've never tried it, but sheesh! Am I just blissfully ignorant?

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

yes you are tempus.

It's a virtual world to live and grow in. There are millions of things to check out and the developers update the game constantly with new content and other things. I used to be an addict but i'm thankfully free from that.

- -

Comment

Originally posted by Vulcan
                    It's MMO heaven there. You've gone to a better place so they say. I wish you good travels there. I will stick with reality though :P

Anything you play on the PC is far from reality. ;)

Originally posted by cookietester
                    I just don't understand why on top of buying a game, and paying for an internet connection, someone would pay even more to play the game they already bought.

You're a supporting member here correct? So in sense you are paying a monthly fee to play here?

I'm sure you realize that running a server (and maintaining it) isn't cheap. Blizzard has 96 or so different realms that I know about and I think somewhere around 1.5 million players.

Plus they are always adding content, so in sense you paid for a game that is continually growing with new quests and what-not.

I used to be the same way in your line of thinking. But after my buddy gave me a 1o day guest pass to play this game and saw what I was missing, it's not a big deal.

The Muffin Man

Comment

From what I hear, WoW forces team work in some aspects. There are quests you cannot complete without help from additional people in certain roles. The game also allows you to ban together as a group and take specific quests where other real players are not involved. Then there is the player vs. player aspect. I've seen some movies of hugh 100+ people battles going on.

It's not a FPS game. It's more a RPG. The typical bunny hoppers would have a problem because that makes no difference. A one on one battle can be the two of you standing there swinging at each other.

As for the montly payment... I wouldn't pay that much each month for one game. I do support TG monthly and that is similar.

WoW has its appeal for a certain type of gamer. Luckily I'm not one of them.
                      |TG-12th| asch
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Muffin Man
                        You're a supporting member here correct? So in sense you are paying a monthly fee to play here?
                        That's a fair comment. However, I can play CSS *without* paying, and I can even play on the TG servers *without* paying. I pay for the added benefits that TG provides, like landmines *ahem* reserved slots and access to members only forums. Plus the supporting member tag looks good on me.

Root
                        BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

WoW got really old for me very quickly.. I can sum up the whole game in a few simple lines..

Kill 'x' bad guys and pick up their 'y'.
                          Collect 'x' widgets and return them to 'y'.
                          Kill 'x' and bring body part 'y' back to 'z'.

Rinse... Repeat...
                          Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Glad to have you back.. ;)

Comment

Counter-Strike:
                              Kill "X" bad guys.
                              Plant/Rescue
                              LOL DEAGLE
                              Win/lose round
                              Blame Root

Wash rinse repeat.

Natural Selection:
                              Get nodes
                              Get upgrades
                              Kill bad guys
                              OMG SHOOT THE HIVE
                              Win/lose game
                              Blame Wyzcrak

Was rinse repeat.

Hmmm, I think I should have put "F4G l4m3r" somewhere in there.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X