Expanding my gaming horizons

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expanding my gaming horizons

Ok, since my job finally decided to hand out paychecks (a week late, might I add), I'm thinking about going out to buy a headset and HL2. I never was a fan of CS when I started, but I'm thinking that had to do with the lack of teamplay and the general attitude of most of the gamers (OMG I just hit puberty). So expect to see me in the server soon enough, and if I am, I'd really appreciate some help since NS and CS:S are two entirely different games.

Rachel
    --------

Zephyr: Besides Wyzcrak and his godly voice; the kind of voice that you will expect to say "Zephyr, I need you to build an ark at Marine Start, with room for two of every structure so that I may turret spam for 40 days and 40 nights" that is.

Squeak:Sometimes I'm awed by zibs genius. Then I remember he's Canadian and I feel significantly less threatened.

Re: Expanding my gaming horizons

Welcome to the madhouse Keres :) I'm sure you'll be fine on the CSS servers

Root
    BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Don't believe Root's lies!

And stay away from Dabe. That guy's crazy.

Comment

CS, you dont need to lead QUITE as much... you dont need to watch ceilings for enemies... sound is just as important... there is space between how fast you can fire pistol rounds... there is no res... aim is NOT constant. Crouching and standing still help it. You buy your own weapons, and if you die, you cant retrieve them or get them back... you cannot heal armor or health, unless you buy more armor within 90 seconds...

Comment

Originally posted by TheFeniX
          Don't believe Root's lies!

And stay away from Dabe. That guy's crazy.
          Ignore Fenix. Well he's right about Dabe possibly. Ignore everything else about him though. He is the subject of a jihad. Figure out which weps you prefer. I'm new to NS, but CS players definitely have their own loadout preferences. Once you figure out your loadouts, save them in the buy menu for quick and easy shopping. Oh and *always* buy a defuse kit if you're CT on a bomb map. Go into battle with just a crappy default pistol and no ammo by all means, but not without a defuse kit!

Root
          BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

It's a base rate FPS. You'll pick it up along the way.

One thing: Find someone from [TG] (Root, Wyz (haha, yea right), Tempus, me, or one of the Mummy's) and glue yourself to their rear-end (Can I say that to a girl?). That's how I picked up the basics of PCS. After about 2 hours of that I was good to go.

Oh yea, another few things:
            1. The Desert Eagle pistol: it's ridiculously overpowered and accurate. It's only drawback is the 7 round clip, which wont matter because it does about 5,000 damage a hit.
            2. Grenades: stay away from them for the first few days of playing. After you've got the hang of the maps and action, start mixing them into your routine. Flashbangs are the greatest, because only suckers fight fair. Although, you can always practice nades usage on those [F-Shock] guys. Just make sure they're on your team when you do.
            3. You can check and see if you have the bomb by holding TAB and looking in the area where us real gamers would see "Jetpack" or "Heavy." If you have the bomb, hit 5 to select it, the Primary Fire to plant it. You must do this at a bomb-site. Just follow those mobile meat-shields that people call "Teammates."
            4. Just as in NS, never respect Wyzcrak. We must maintain the Status Quo.
            5. Buy a kit if you're a CT on a DE map. Trust me, you'll kick yourself if you don't (or Root will kick you).
            6. Talk smack about Vulcan. Sure, he likes to say he's the God of fire, but we all know he's a trekkie.

There's more, but I should probably try to get some work done or I too may be stuck without a paycheck.

Comment

It's a base rate FPS. You'll pick it up along the way.

One thing: Find someone from [TG] (Root, Wyz (haha, yea right), Tempus, me, or one of the Mummy's) and glue yourself to their rear-end (Can I say that to a girl?). That's how I picked up the basics of PCS. After about 2 hours of that I was good to go.
              After 2 hours he was pretty much as lame as he is now :icon16: On the subject of nades, stay AWAY from Asch. Once he gets on a roll with nades, no one is safe. Just so we're clear, the definition of no one includes team mates. :icon_cool

In spite of the infidel fenixs' mocking, he's right about sticking with someone that'll spend some time working with you and answering your questions. Besides, 2 man fireteams can do more damage than a solo artist, unless of course that solo artist is me on havana, in which case I'd bet on me going on a rampage. On the subject of havana, it's a bit of a tricky map at first - there are 4 routes in for CT, but randomly at each round start, 2 open and 2 close. Takes a bit of getting used to, but it's still fun, and if you find a favourite route, you can get to it even if it's closed.

In short, get yourself on the server and take it from there!

Now, I'm running a book on Keres vs Daordanata in a shootout. Any takers? :D

Root
              BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

[QUOTE=TheFeniX]
                6. Talk smack about Vulcan. Sure, he likes to say he's the God of fire, but we all know he's a trekkie.
                QUOTE]

WTH? Atleast i don't claim to be some river dude who thinks he's the greatest rocker in the galaxy, i mean world.

- -

Comment

Your worst enemy is going to be gun recoil. Coming from NS you're not going to be used to it, so always remember to shoot in bursts (burst duration varies depending on what gun you're using). The best thing to do is experiment with different guns and see what you're able to hit stuff with consistently.

Comment

If you have never played, this first few rounds will probably go like this:

Spawn. Spend ten minutes looking at buy menus. Buy all the wrong equipment. Realise your team has all disappeared. Run to catch up. Just as you get there WTF??!!! dead. Repeat.

Despite this, if you have a bit of patience all will become clear.. CSS is a game with a lot of potential for great TG play. Bring some TGNS teamwork and help fulfill that potential.
                    Wintermute

Play EVE online. It's like being an accounting addict in space.

Comment

Find someone from [TG] (Root, Wyz (haha, yea right), Tempus, me, or one of the Mummy's) and glue yourself to their rear-end
                      LOVE!!! HUGS!!!!!

Yes, I have several secret techniques of ultimate devestation. My first trick is to aim for the legs. A disturbingly large number of my kills are done by pumping bullets into their knee caps. For some reason aiming low just doesn't work as well in CS as it does in NS... Next is grenades. I have gotten good at what I like to call the "super boomerang technique." I'm sure people have seen me use that in NS as well. If shooting them in the toe or grenading myself don't do the trick then the only course of action is to hold down the left mouse button until I either run out of bullets or die. Lets not talk about which one of those cases is more frequent.

On a slightly more serious note, be very careful with flash and HE grenades. If thrown improperly they can do serious damage to your teammates. For starting weapons I recommend the following:
                      SMG - MP5 Navy
                      Rifle - anything
                      HMG - no

My weapon of choice is the silenced M41A. I also like the Galliel and the AK-47. The AUG and the T equivalent (it's a sig but it says krieg or something) are also nice but I don't use them that much anymore.

Also, if you have confidence in your NS shotgun skills I would definitely try out the CS pump shotgun. It has high damage and a ridiculous range.

P.S. Aim for the head, not the feet like I do.

Comment

Originally posted by cookietester
                        On the subject of nades, stay AWAY from Asch. Once he gets on a roll with nades, no one is safe. Just so we're clear, the definition of no one includes team mates. :icon_cool
                        I really don't see what the problem was. I would only call out nade in long hallway and then proceed to toss the nade... to have it bounce off my teammates head or catch a wall and bounce at an abnormal angle. :icon_frow I was really throwing like a girl the other night.

I had to start saying "that flash wasn't me!!!".... or yell out "NADE at apartments!" a whole minute before I was going to throw it so everyone could run to the other side of the map.

Of course when I needed to toss the nade, the damn thing wouldn't come unpinned. I think my teammates were putting dud nades in my pockets.
                        |TG-12th| asch
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cookietester
                          After 2 hours he was pretty much as lame as he is now :icon16:
                          Yea well, I'll let my performance of Dust2 last night during that captains game speak for itself. You all fear my TMP!

In spite of the infidel fenixs' mocking, he's right about sticking with someone that'll spend some time working with you and answering your questions. Besides, 2 man fireteams can do more damage than a solo artist, unless of course that solo artist is me on havana, in which case I'd bet on me going on a rampage.
                          I'm always annoyed when we have a 4 vs 1 gong on and my teammates run off alone trying to find the last guy, only to get taken out one-by-one by the last attacker.

Same thing happened on dust last night. I see my radar blips get fewer and fewer as they move alone. Then, I'm the only one left and I win the round because flashbangs = God.
                          Now, I'm running a book on Keres vs Daordanata in a shootout. Any takers? :D
                          Keres has been putting up with my crap for much longer than you guys. She either has nerves of steel or is a masochist. Either makes her a dangerous opponent.
                          Originally posted by Vulcan
                          WTH? Atleast i don't claim to be some river dude who thinks he's the greatest rocker in the galaxy, i mean world.
                          Meh, punk music sucks.

Comment

Something I didn't see very much noted... headshots FTW!

If you can aim for the head, 1 or 2 shots is normally all it takes... but, chances are, they'll mostly be random... GL Keres... :D

-Mom
                            Yer Mom /O>

To all but me is the look given but never received. My heart sinks faster and faster every time I look into them, yet I do not understand their controling power on my soul. - W11114m W45h1n670n

Comment

Originally posted by asch
                              I was really throwing like a girl the other night.
                              Man, did you just make Keres' list...
                              [volun2]
                              NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
                              Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
                              <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
                              <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X