Picking up medkits/bandages

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picking up medkits/bandages

I don't remember who suggested it (it was a couple days ago), but someone made a good point by saying that we should be able to pick up unused bandages and medkits from dead bodies. I'm not sure if that's possible in the mod, but it would definitely be realistic.
    -qpx

Re: Picking up medkits/bandages

I believe it would be possible if when someone dies a check is executed along the lines of:

IF has medkit > distribute to random teammate

Former E1st Heavyweight

Comment

I've been trying to figure out a way to "drop" medkits, but the only solution I've found thus far is incredibly cumbersome--cumbersome to the point of lagging the server due to the additional logic needed.
      The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
      I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
      Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Yep this would be a huge deal to implement so i wouldn't expect it anytime soon if at all.

- -

Comment

I may be able to help you guys with this. Or I should say try.
          So is the scripting language LUA.
          Last edited by Krag; 09-17-2009, 03:45 AM.

Comment

Join the dev group if you'd like to assist with scripting Krag. It's under your userCP in group memberships called Counter-Strike Development group.

- -

Comment

No, you can either use the proprietary EventScripts or you can use Python. Otherwise you're looking at complex DLL hooks that will probably conflict with both Mani and ES.
              The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
              I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
              Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

endos can you send me a sample of a script.

Comment

Basically, have to have some sort of marker on ground, then if you run over it... sounds like a LOT more programming than what we have now... If you all can come up with a way, great. But don't kill yourselves trying. You do enough as it is.
                  "Sympathy means a lot, coming from Kulmar. I didn't think it was possible.
                  Good luck getting rid of your disease. If you're infected, though, stay away--I can't afford to be a zombie right now.
                  " Ednos

sigpic

Comment

Attached are two files:
                    • es_syphon.txt is an example of the proprietary ES language; I recommend against it. The script "siphons" life from the victim of a knife attack to the perpetrator.
                    • mugmod.py is an example of ES with Python. The script gives a portion of the knife victim's money to the attacking player. (I had to add a .txt extension to get the TG forum to accept the file. Just take it off.)

Both of these are examples that come with the latest release of ES.
                    Attached Files
                    Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

cool i will take a look do some homework and hopefully help

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X