Lag in Dust2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lag in Dust2

Okay, I know I am not the only one experiancing this. in several areas quite often (read: always) I experiance major heavy lag. and I mean like screen freeze for 5 seconds heavy. Its so bad I cant go A. At all. b is fineish. I propose we take dust2, and remove the distance dust, textures, whatever it is thats causing the lag, and host the new map as opposed to the old one. On the fps test I get > 80. All other maps (except the beginning of the newer nuke) run smooth as butter. I can play HL2 high detail and res without any problems.

This isnt a matter of preferance, unless I want to change my settings everytime i load the map. Its a matter of inability to run the map in its current state.

Re: Lag in Dust2

My FPS lowers significantly when I'm at bombsite A.

I've no idea what is the cause.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

I'm not sure, I never have problems with my framerate at dust 2 that I don't experience off an on when playing other maps. But there is definitely something wierd about that map as quite a few ppl on many different servers I've played complain about lag on dust 2.

Comment

Huh. My system is 2 1/2 years old(amd xp2000+, ti4400, 1G ram), and I havn't noticed *any* lag on dust2 site A. I'll pay more attention next time I play. I bet my framerates go down, but nowhere near enough to cause a problem.

Comment

If you experience lag, change your mat_dxlevel to 81. Most likely your running dx9 and it's to much.

Could also be PCI latency and you freeze up because your sound card and vid card are fighting for processing rights.

- -

Comment

i have a 1.9 athlon 2600+, 9700 Pro, a gig of ram, xp, an abit uGuru motherboard, and onboard card. If i change dx to 8.1, though, doesnt that disable pixel shading for other games? Or can I change it just for cs:s?

Comment

that command is typed in cs: s, thus it is only active for cs: s and you have to do it everytime you open the game.

- -

Comment

Can it be added to config.cfg Vulcan?

Root?
                BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement