Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• steam error?

Anyone have an issue with this:

I start up steam...it receives a small update - I have to restart steam...and now I cant connect. Some sort of connection error. Its happened to me on two computers so far...I can't even get on steampowered.com. Very strange.

Re: steam error?

delete clientregistry.blob and try it.

- -

Comment

Ok...now steam ACTUALLY updated...and then said it cant connect to the steam servers...

Comment

This is bizarre...its almost like Steam is IP blocking me. Steam wont connect. Everytime I try to connect to www.steampowered.com I get the "the connection was reset" firefox error. The only thing I havn't tried is uninstalling Steam. Absolutely bizarre...I guess thats my next angle...re-install steam. I've tried resetting my router as well. Anyone have any other ideas?

A quick edit: Get this...I used a proxy service to access steampowered.com What the hell is going on here?

Comment

sounds like you have a virus or malware on your system wreaking havoc. I can't see any other reason. You may want to cease typing your password until you've run a full spyware and virus scan. Also try ccleaner to clean out your system.

- -

Comment

If there's a problem with connecting to steampowered.com through a browser, it's not a problem with any of your steam files. It could be just a problem with your connection, I've sometimes been unable to connect to a site for days at a time, even if all other sites work fine. But just to be safe, follow Vulcan's advice.

Comment

I'm going to reformat very soon...and I just tried again this morning and POOF - it works. Most of the advice I found on other websites indicated that that error only shows up when the steam servers are down. Is it possible some sort of Japanese steam gateway was down? Crazy. Time to reformat.

Comment

i also have this problem, i tried everything, a registercleaner, delete the register file, i download and update steam.
                and i still get the error : steam error application load error 5:0000065434.
                what can i do? plz help me

Comment

See if you have the proper ports opened. This was a problem my friend had, for steam to work it needs to be able to access required data remotely.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X