Restricted Weapons

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restricted Weapons

On the server the 550 and the AWP are restricted.

The reason the AWP is restricted i am guessing is due to the fact that it is a noob cannon with 1-shot-1-kill. I am wondering, if that is the case then why is the scout not restricted, or the pump shottie? 1-shot 1-kill across the map with them. Not starting an arguement here, just looking for rationale.

And to put it up front, I am a fan of the 550, not the awp :P

Re: Restricted Weapons

hey i forgot to post this subject!

I think the 550 should be ressurected. I was testing the rifle out and it has single shots with 1.5 seconds reload time. similar to the scout. IMO the rifle is by no means an auto sniper that will become a factor. Just another form of scout to use. I think this rifle is worth being brought back with our style of play!

- -

Comment

All guns are one shot 1 kill in the head from any distance.

1s1k in the toe is just silly and more importantly unbalancing. That is why there is no AWP.
      Wintermute

Play EVE online. It's like being an accounting addict in space.

Comment

Originally posted by Vulcan
        I think the 550 should be ressurected. I was testing the rifle out and it has single shots with 1.5 seconds reload time. similar to the scout.
        This strikes me as incorrect. Did you mean the AWP or did valve change the autosniper?

Comment

the 552 is the Terrorist version that is automatic. The CT version is semi auto with a reload time for the bullets. I really don't think it's something that can be anymore swaying than a good scouter especially on our server.

- -

Comment

Originally posted by Vulcan
            the 552 is the Terrorist version that is automatic. The CT version is semi auto with a reload time for the bullets. I really don't think it's something that can be anymore swaying than a good scouter especially on our server.
            It fires at the same rate as the CT default pistol, the USP, except it does more damage and has a scope. Just like the other autosniper and the AWP, it's ridiculously overpowered on any CS map...

And if you think it's the same as a Scout, then why not just stick with the Scout?
            Become a supporting member!
            Buy a Tactical Duck!
            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
            TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by Dragonwolf72
              I am wondering, if that is the case then why is the scout not restricted, or the pump shottie? 1-shot 1-kill across the map with them. Not starting an arguement here, just looking for rationale.
              The scout requires skill the pump shottie is only effective at close range.If you are going to throw crap like this out then why not just ban the m4 for being so accurate.The awp and auto sniper are frag monkey weapons that is why they are banned from the server.

Comment

batman, you're a good scouter so you have the advantage.

but most of us here aren't good snipers, if the sig550 were to come back, i'd definity be a good sniper. besides, modern sniper rifles are now semi-automatics, not bolt action.

Comment

Originally posted by Nightfire
                  batman, you're a good scouter so you have the advantage.
                  The only reason that I can use the scout effectively is because I practice with it.

Comment

Originally posted by BATMAN.
                    The only reason that I can use the scout effectively is because I practice with it.
                    And that ladies and gentleman, is a statement you can't argue with if unless you want to lose.

Root
                    BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

but most of us here aren't good snipers, if the sig550 were to come back, i'd definity be a good sniper.
                      To quote an old friend, "Tis a poor workman who blames his tools".

Comment

Originally posted by BATMAN.
                        The scout requires skill the pump shottie is only effective at close range.If you are going to throw crap like this out then why not just ban the m4 for being so accurate.The awp and auto sniper are frag monkey weapons that is why they are banned from the server.
                        WHOOOAAAAAA man.....some discussion is not a reason to go flamer....My thoughts are not crap batman, and I guess a civil debate is not a good thing to bring up here. Noted. Oh and btw, the pump shottie can do serious damage and has a long way in this game.

Comment

I have shot the pump shotty point blank at someone and had every single shot work. Ask Swoop ;) . He then killed me with some lowgrade pistol. By point blank, i mean point blank. Likewise, I've headshotted someone with full health and armor across the map. The shotgun is at best unreliable, but it is truly a powerful weapon.

Comment

besides, modern sniper rifles are now semi-automatics, not bolt action.
                            Not too relevent to this discussion, but all rifles designed to be used by snipers are still bolt action. Semi autos simply can't match the accuracy of a tight fitting bolt action while remaining reliable...
                            Become a supporting member!
                            Buy a Tactical Duck!
                            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                            TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

^^^^Also the violent ejection of the spent cart will usually give your position away.
                              RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
                              TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
                              7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
                              "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
                              "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X