flanking or rushing???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• flanking or rushing???

I was playing CT on one map camping bomb site A. While the rest of the Team went to B.When the call came bomb at B.So I left my spot and came the long way from behind and got the last T and Bomb.The same thing happened on another map and I was kicked for rushing.So I'm trying to find out which is corect so I can adjust.
    Thanks SLEP.

LEAD, FOLLOW,OR GET THE HELL OUT OF THE WAY

Re: flanking or rushing???

Based on what I've read here, I say fair play.

Admins aren't perfect. If in fact you were spot on, the admin likely misinterpreted your intentions.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Well it depends on the situation. The ultimate purpose is to help your team complete the objective.

I can tell you, that as an admin, we tend to *too* quickly look at physical boundaries on the map when judging the location of new players. Once you gain a reputation of being a good guy (friendly, objective oriented, good teamwork, etc.), then admins and players alike will give you more slack on your physical location.
      It's a game. Keep it real. Keep it fun.

-Keith

Comment

Hey, um, unrelated question, but am I correct in thinking standing ON hosties is wrong, while you CAN stand behind them? (as T of course)

Comment

There is no "correct" way to play PCS. It's all subjective.

Now I will comment on a few things I garner from your post:
          1. You are the only CT at A.
          2. Most of the T team is dead.
          3. Most of your team is still alive at B.
          4. The bomb was neither down nor planted.

And you left your post to flank leaving no one at A and leaving yourself vulnerable to a random BS headshot while trying to kill the last T?

Bad tactical move, although I doubt I'd have you kicked for it.

Why didn't you call for backup at A incase he tried to back-off that way? With 2-3 guys at each bombsite he's at a much worse disadvantage than you and him, mano-a-mano.

The problem is that it's the whole "It's just one T, what could he do against 5 guys." People like Dabe and others will make you kick yourself. They will pick you off one by one because you get nervous and anxious. Cool off and let him come to you.

Comment

2T ,1 CT (me) Bomb planted

LEAD, FOLLOW,OR GET THE HELL OUT OF THE WAY

Comment

suprisngly, sometimes a full brute-force rushing on one spot is very effective rather than spreading thinly and risk jeopardizing your team because of the loss of one guy.

Comment

Originally posted by sleprock
                2T ,1 CT (me) Bomb planted
                If the bomb is planted, you can go wherever you need to go to defuse the bomb.

Root
                BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

What if the bomb is simply down, I think CT's should be allowed to make a bee-line from anywhere in or out of bounds to that bomb, as your whole objective has shifted to guarding the bomb. Of course, this would also have to rely on my team knowing beyond a shadow of a doubt that the bomb is there.....

Comment

...and then comes the good excuse "But I thought it was there..."

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Tempus
                      ...and then comes the good excuse "But I thought it was there..."
                      What excuse? Everyone is told the bomb is down.

If you're a T, that means you'd better watch your back, front, sides, up and down, because the CTs are coming defuse that bomb and taking whatever method they need to get there.

The inexcusable would be going somewhere that ISN'T towards a bombsite. Yeah, you can try to double-back a bit, but 40 seconds isn't THAT long.
                      [volun2]
                      NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
                      Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
                      <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
                      <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

The CTs are allowed to form a perimeter around the dropped bomb. Once the bomb is dropped and located by the CTs, the CTs new objective is to secure and protect that bomb.
                        |TG-12th| asch
                        sigpic

Comment

I agree asch, but just want to add that sometimes the bomb drops in a place that is tough to defend or risky to get to. In that case simply staying at the bomb sites is smarter. Usually though, it is easier to defend one bomb than two bombsites.

Comment

Originally posted by RandomGuy
                            I agree asch, but just want to add that sometimes the bomb drops in a place that is tough to defend or risky to get to. In that case simply staying at the bomb sites is smarter. Usually though, it is easier to defend one bomb than two bombsites.
                            Definitely.
                            |TG-12th| asch
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Uchiha Obito
                              CT's should be allowed
                              Bottom line: they are.
                              Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X