Great Captains game

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great Captains game

Man did we have a great captains game tonight. We played Italy and man was it a great game. I was captain of the T's and they all followed the orders i gave them perfectly and worked together as a team greatly. We managed to win all 9 rounds wiping the map clean. But to not be mistaken, the CT's played a great game. Nearly grabbing the hostages the first round. Can't wait to do it again.

Re: Great Captains game

-.- you guys left me out again?!?

*sigh* i wish i can officially join you guys or something.

Comment

NOOOOOOO!!!!! I missed an Italy captains game :( you will all pay dearly...

Comment

Put your jihad on hold Kark. I'm sure there'll be another time for italy. It was a fine game. We had a good commander, and the team played well together. Top notch.

Root
        BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Root, if it could be put on hold, it wouldn't be a jihad now would it

Comment

Crikey - Kark might have a point there!

Root
            BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

I've noticed lately that there's huge amounts of apathy when anyone suggest a captains game. Why is this? Is it seriously too much trouble to offer an opinion either way when one is suggested? If so, why? If not, why do so many of you remain mute when a game is proposed.

I've tried to organise a fair few captains games, and in addition to the apathy, getting people to step up as captains is nearly impossible. My thanks to Ghost for repeatedly saving the day and leading a team. It would help make these games run smoother if people were quicker to step forward and take a shot, and also, if they could pick their teams quicker. It can take nearly 10 minutes sometimes. Yes captains games are new to CS, but how hard is it to pick 6 guys out of 12? If it really is that difficult, why?

Post your thoughts please, because it will make it easier to organise games if we know what you're all thinking.

Root
              BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Originally posted by cookietester
                getting people to step up as captains
                This is sometimes a problem on the NS server. I've taken the approach of requiring two folks to say "I'll be a captain if you'll host a captains game" before I even start the captains game. That way that's out of the way before we even start the process.
                Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Cool! Thanks Wyz. When I'm running captains games that will henceforth be the standard

Root
                  BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Could there be a plugin that took care of alot of stuff automatically? Like, @captain start, then 2 people say captain or something, then one calls out ct or t, and then people auto join the appropriate team when theyre name is called? Then it switches the teams after a certain number of rounds?

Or is that just my year of Java in Comp Sci 1 speaking too much?

Comment

Even if you could automate the process, why should we? If people aren't prepared to play an active role in picking teams, they don't deserve captains games. It really isn't asking much. 2 people step up and lead teams, they pick teams quickly, players join a team quickly when they're picked, game on.

Root
                      BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Right. In my NS server, where I can do.. basically.. whatever the hell I want to with server plugins, I decided it wasn't worth the effort to build an interface for this. People are either paying attention and can pull it off or they can't.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

could you at least make a plugin to force everyone into spec? :P

Comment

No. We had this same problem in NS.

I would Console spam "DO NOT JOIN A TEAM WHEN THE MAP CHANGES" 10 times before the map changed, and someone would still join a team.

So, I just spammed it three more times and changed the map again.

I continued until people realized what the hell was going on.

Soon, things worked like clockwork.

Comment

I played my first captains game last night (this morning) with Root I liked it and would not mind bring a captain . Now that I know how it works Ithink it's alot of fun. It takes a little time but it is worth it in the end. Thank you Root for putting up with the BS last night (this morning) so we could play one.

LEAD, FOLLOW,OR GET THE HELL OUT OF THE WAY

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X