My Brain Hurts !!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Brain Hurts !!!

I am new to this whole Big Brother style of playing Counter Strike, and itís not very fun! I became a member of Tactical Gamer, ďkey word here tacticalĒ, because of the Natural Selection server, which I love very much. I donít under stand the point of taking out weapons in a game, even if you think the weapons are noobish. Instead of getting rid of the problem by banning the weapons learn how to out strategize the player that is using the weapon. Itís not very hard to out smart any type of sniper with a smoke nade & flash bang, sniping is part of the game. I would like to see all guns enabled on the server, instead of banning the Awp & Auto Sniper put a buy limit on the weapons so only one per team is aloud. ďFlanking is not rushing!Ē if the CT team on any de_map all went the same direction through the Tís spawn to come up from behind them, that is a rush. If one or two CTís go around the map through Tís spawn wile the rest of the team camps the bomb sit, that is a flanking maneuver. I canít say I am very thrilled about camping anything bomb sit or hostages, but thatís just me. I think the teamís captain should determine the style of game play or the team itís self, not by the server. Maybe since thereís two CSS server you could implement one of the servers for a broader style of strategic playing with all weapons enabled. I am hoping by posting this I will find others that agree with me, and maybe we could find some kind of in between so all types of TG CSS players can play in an environment that they are happy with. Games are suppose to be fun, not admins threatening to boot me form the server, because he gave me an order, and he didnít refer to me by name, so I had no clue he was talking to me, or I would have gladly fallowed the order. People need to lighten up, just little bit, and have some fun for F#$% sakes!

My Brain Hurts, HeAdChEsTfOoT
    Last edited by HeadChestFoot; 05-02-2005, 02:47 PM.

Re: My Brain Hurts !!!

I agree with you on the banning of the weapons, but I can also understand why they are banned. I dont think its so much as they are noob cannons, but if allowed almost all the players would get one and the round turns into a snipefest(which is just as bad as a DM). Your idea of limiting the number of people per team having these weapons sounds interesting, and could promote more tactics via assigning player-roles(i.e. sniper, gunner, and so forth). As far a flanking vs rushing is concerned, to my knowledge, if you COMMUNICATE with your team and your intentions follow PCS, then it should be ok. Keep in mind that OBJECTIVES and TEAMWORK come above all else.

I would suggest removing your comment inside the parenthesis...name dropping is just not how its done here.

-swoop-
    Last edited by Swoop; 05-02-2005, 01:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HeadChestFoot
      I am new to this whole Gestapo style of playing Counter Strike, and itís not very fun!
      You just killed most chances at a decent debate by claiming the CS admin department is the equivalant of Nazi's and the secret police.

I became a member of Tactical Gamer, ďkey word here tacticalĒ, because of the Natural Selection server, which I love very much.
      Solution: Play more NS.
      I donít under stand the point of taking out weapons in a game, even if you think the weapons are noobish. Instead of getting rid of the problem by banning the weapons learn how to out strategize the player that is using the weapon.
      I feel that any weapon that directly trumps another in terms of performance kind of self-defeating. But that's just me. The AWM has to be the most over-powered weapon aside from the UT redeemer.
      Itís not very hard to out smart any type of sniper with a smoke nade & flash bang, sniping is part of the game.
      Say that on maps like Aztec.

I would like to see all guns enabled on the server, instead of banning the Awp & Auto Sniper put a buy limit on the weapons so only one per team is aloud.
      That might work, but then you'd have people arguing over who gets to use it.

I didn't play much CS 1.6. But I do remember the day I quit. I was playing on a Texas HK server with the hit placement plugin. I got killed by the AWM two rounds in a row:

TheFeniX hit in the hand for 185 damage.
      TheFeniX hit in the Gun for 150 damage.

I was not pleased at the damage ramping of that weapon.
      ďFlanking is not rushing!Ē if the CT team on any de_map all went the same direction through the Tís spawn to come up from behind them, that is a rush. If one or two CTís go around the map through Tís spawn wile the rest of the team camps the bomb sit, that is a flanking maneuver.
      Those rules are in force for your exact line of reasoning. You have to earn the trust to do things like that. I routinely camp outside the T boundary on compound, but my vantage point gives me heads up on incoming Cts and I can still see the shed and left side of the map. Hence, the admins know I'm not rushing.

I canít say I am very thrilled about camping anything bomb sit or hostages, but thatís just me.
      Why not? It's easy kills with the way most attackers put on their best Zeus impression with Thunder Boots.ô I love nothing more than hitting a rushing team with an HE and checking my console to see I've done 30+ damage to their entire team.

:::snip:::
      I routinely hear people commenting about "This is the only CS:S server worth playing on." The admins must be doing something right if even frag-monkeys like Dabe rave about the server (and rave their way straight to a kick, haha!).

Comment

Certain weapons have been removed due to years of experience and debate from the original CS game. These weapons have led more towards people being frag monkeys and not playing towards the team's objective.

I agree flanking is not rushing... but why are you flanking? The CTs objective is to protect the bomb sites. What communication and team work was involved that sent two CTs through the T spawn and up the back end of the Ts? Was the bomb located? Was the bomb down? Did you leave the other bomb site open? Were you just trying to eliminate Ts?

CSS is not Natural Selection and I believe the playing styles differ. PCS is subjective. The CSS server is also public and as such, new players are "admin'd" a bit tighter than the regular player who we've become accustomed to and know that they understand and strive for the PCS style of play.

If you have a problem with an admin, please PM that admin privately instead of calling them out in a public thread.
        |TG-12th| asch
        sigpic

Comment

You think your brain hurts? Read a pargraph that doesn't have line breaks. :)

The key to any game at TG is "Play The Objective". In CS, the defense's objective is a lot cloudier than that of the offense. You can search the forums if you want my full treatise (chock full o' jabs, it is :)) but suffice it to say that you need to guard whatever it is you need to guard, and flanking around leaving the bombsite/hostages unguarded is NOT a way to pull that off.

As to your points on weapons, I'm sure you'd agree that there's at least one ridiclously overpowered weapon in the Magnum sniper rifle. 1S1K with a grazing of the foot is not a balanced weapon. :) It is in this vein that the weapons have been removed; the others allow for more of a tactical slant on the game (well, as much tactics can come with BS headshots and such).

Lastly, on camping: It's what the defense does. The offense is assault: the defense has something they need to protect. You don't need to have the hostages or the bombsites in view, but chokepoints should be covered (and not run through).

I wish your brain the best, and hope for a speedy recovery. :D
          [volun2]
          NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
          Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
          <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
          <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Originally posted by Pokerface
            You think your brain hurts? Read a pargraph that doesn't have line breaks. :)
            lol.

I love CS:S at TG.

Comment

I am new to this whole Big Brother style of playing Counter Strike, and itís not very fun! I became a member of Tactical Gamer, ďkey word here tacticalĒ, because of the Natural Selection server, which I love very much.
              HeadChestFoot... you are bringing up some issues that have been heated discussions here, so don't feel like you're being picked on... you're just going through the hazing ritual. You're the new guy (at least new to CSS at TG)... and when you make an offensive post about the TG style of play, expect quite a few defensive responses.

One thing I'd like to point out is Captain's Games. Check out the threads on those. What you will find is a more open team orientated game. They are run differently than the open public server and are probably the most PCS style of play in CSS that we have.

Ignoring the weapons availability (another thread)... I want to point out that when you understand the team communication and team objectives that we stress, most game play questions will be answered for you.

For example... "flanking is not rushing". Rushing is a loose term thrown around in a nasty way. The term rushing often means ignoring your objective in search for kills. Flanking can be considered rushing in this sense. However, if you're communicating with your team and working towards your objective, flanking can be some great PCS style tactics used. Which flanking were you doing? I do stress the team communication because without that, you were off on your own.
              |TG-12th| asch
              sigpic

Comment

HCF... I hear you...

asch has some great points.
                and
                It can feel like you're being scolded by a parent some time here... And I've had Console warnings pop up when only one other teammate and me are left alive, and I'm wondering wth they are talking about...

however...

The good outweighs the bad... that level does help control the server.. I'm not around as much as I was a month ago... but it's a great place to play... hang in... it'll start to make sense and it won't feel quite so Orwellian.......

Comment

Originally posted by asch
                  Rushing is a loose term thrown around in a nasty way. ... However, if you're communicating with your team and working towards your objective, flanking can be some great PCS style tactics used.
                  So true. Flank on, but be damn sure you're doing what's in your objective's best interest (and coordinate your actions with your team). If you're not, you'll hear about it. If you ARE and you STILL get slapped on the wrist, you need to PM someone.
                  Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

I appreciate the input, and I am sorry if anyone takes this offensively, itís just that, the whole time I am playing I feel like I being watch like a little kid, about to get in trouble for something. Again with the weapons, I play games to get better at them, and having disabled weapons would just weaken me as a player on other servers, or any other type of standard game play. I Just wanted to make my point, and see if there are any other players that feel the same or not, please forgive me if I am a little brash.

Brain Still Hurts,
                    HeAdChEsTfOoT

Comment

I appreciate the input, and I am sorry if anyone takes this offensively, itís just that, the whole time I am playing I feel like I being watch like a little kid, about to get in trouble for something.
                      You are. We all watch each other to make sure we have a server that's flat-out better than 99% of the CS:S crap that's out there. After a while, PCS will become natural and it will make you a better CS player.

Again with the weapons, I play games to get better at them, and having disabled weapons would just weaken me as a player on other servers, or any other type of standard game play.
                      How? The Scout is the weakest and slowest firing sniper rifle. If you get good with it, you could decimate with the other rifles. Also, another solution: Don't play anywhere else. I don't. The outside CS:S world is full of scary people who make references about my sexual preference and carnal acts with my mother.... well, almost as much as Wyzcrak does.

I Just wanted to make my point, and see if there are any other players that feel the same or not, please forgive me if I am a little brash.
                      PCS is one big grey area. If it was black & white we wouldn't need all the rules and boundaries. Once people become acustomed to the play style, there will be no boundaries: only a group working together to achieve a goal. Hopefully by then NS will be fixed so I won't have to play CS anymore.

Comment

Like you, I prefer the team challenge of overcoming the weapons (limited or otherwise) over the awkwardness of giving up. I've seen the public and admin discussions: those weapons aren't coming back. So, while what I say is not official, I'm personally recommending you not waste any more energy on that discussion.

You are definately being watched... evaluated, too. You'll continue to be watched until you play on the server a while. No admin should be condescending to you, in act or deed (remedy). We all mean the best, but we're doing only what we can at a job that can be damn difficult at times: our best.

CSS admin decisions are more subjective than NS admin decisions. You were watched and evaluated on the NS server when you first arrived no differently than you're being watched and evaluated now on the CSS server. What differs between the two experiences is that, given the substitution of rules with guidelines, and the different personalities among the larger (than NS) CS admin team, you've got both more ways to get slapped on the wrist than you do in NS and a greater likelihood that what gets you slapped on the wrist by one admin will be permissable in the presence of another admin.

That can be confusing for new players, but, once you play TGCSS for a while, you'll see that all of the admins are leaning in the same direction when it comes to the gameplay. If you continue with TGCSS, I'm sure you'll eventually become a loved regular here no differently than you've become on the TGNS server. Otherwise, be glad TG gives you other games to play. :)

(fenix' mom gives good headshot)
                        Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X