Required reading

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Required reading

Some comments / threads of late, and comments in-game, give me the impression that some people here haven't yet had the time to read some fine posts in this nifty little forum -

Counter-Strike - Official Rules, Announcements and SOPs.
    This forum is required reading for all Counter-Strike Source players and will contain any official news, rules, announcements and standard operating procedures (SOPs)

These are my favourites from that forum, but the key phrase in the above description for the forum is REQUIRED READING FOR ALL COUNTER-STIKE SOURCE PLAYERS.

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/showthread.php?t=18538
    http://www.tacticalgamer.com/showthread.php?t=18537
    http://www.tacticalgamer.com/showthread.php?t=31986

So when you find yourself at a loose end, head over to the offical rules forum and brush up your knowledge :)

Root
    BFCL TF2 league admin

Re: Required reading

Even for those of us who have been here a while and read them before it is good to remind yourself why it is we play here and what we should be doing.
    Wintermute

Play EVE online. It's like being an accounting addict in space.

Comment

Good call! I, too, have a feeling that some of the recent discussions have had participants that haven't read these threads...
      Become a supporting member!
      Buy a Tactical Duck!
      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Quoted from about links:

"What are your guidelines for hostage treatment?
        It's important for everyone to realize that hostages are an important objective in this game. Terrorists are supposed to protect the hostages. After all, isn't that what is keeping the ct's from just blowing them up? CT's are to rescue them. Therefore, terrorist "hostage wounding" is forbidden. Hostages are NOT to be thought of as nothing more than shields to hide behind. For this reason, it is against the spirit of PCS to arrange the hostages as a wall, or "meat donut" for you to hide behind. It's inevitable that a terrorist will end up in a situation where the only cover he has from a CT is a hostage, and that's OK, just don't arrange the hostages specifically as a shield...

Placing hostages in windows and other strategic places to distract CTs is also a viable tactic, but DO NOT block entrances to rooms or doors with them, this is an AI bug that we do NOT take advantage of here.

Another allowable tactic is to move the hostages to a different strategic location to defend them. This is fine, but don't seperate the hossies any further apart than they were when they spawned. In other words, don't hide each of the four hostages in a different corner of the map. This is Counter-Strike, not hide and go seek... It's also forbidden for the Ts to run all over the map with a hostage "train" behind them. Terrorists are on DEFENSE on cs_maps and should NOT have an offensive strategy in mind..."

Oh now I have a question how do the Terrorists move the hostages? As long as I've played they only respond to CT's talking to them. Can someone clarify this for me?
        sigpic

Comment

This was in the old version, T's could place hostages anywhere.

It was good in one way, but there were obviously a lot of possibilities that could be exploited.

It would be nice if T's could get them to move only after they've been moved by a CT so you could recapture them and take them back to some cover.
          Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter.
          Ernest Hemingway, "On the Blue Water," Esquire, April 1936

Comment

Now that a server is private, in order to play on it you must read these rules. Read them please because I would like to have a nice PCS environment. Just like the one in my dreams...which I hope will happen in the near future

Comment

Originally posted by nickhastapee
              Now that a server is private, in order to play on it you must read these rules.
              Not true. You are ALL REQUIRED to read them anyway if you want to play on either server. You are ALL also REQUIRED to FOLLOW those rules.

Root
              BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Originally posted by cookietester
                Not true. You are ALL REQUIRED to read them anyway if you want to play on either server. You are ALL also REQUIRED to FOLLOW those rules.

Root
                well I meant that on the private server it is IMPERATIVE that you READ and FOLLOW these RULES, or I will not be very HAPPY. I am aware that it is required on all TG CS servers, but pubbys have never read or seen these rules(exept for the ones in the MOTD, which I cant see for some reason). Oh, BTW caps is fun.

Comment

Originally posted by nickhastapee
                  well I meant that on the private server it is IMPERATIVE that you READ and FOLLOW these RULES,
                  The same applies for server 1. A disturbing number of regulars, members and supporting members seem to think these rules are optional.

Root
                  BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Originally posted by cookietester
                    The same applies for server 1. A disturbing number of regulars, members and supporting members seem to think these rules are optional.

Root
                    I am certainly not one of them, and I agree with you that this is a serious problem needing to be fixed.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X