This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is EVERYONES Problem?

I dont really care if i get in trouble with this post. This is a Counter-Strike related thread, being that everyone seems to have a problem with a certain person, that i never see anywhere else, but on CSS Doing the best damn admining ive seen!

I Think of this place as more of a family then i do a place to play. In my family we workout our problems through sitting down and talking to one another, and if i have to arrange all of us to sit down one night and talk on TeamSpeak about this, THEN I WILL!

Tonight I joined Server 1, and to me, everyone seem alittle upset. Root seemed like he wanted to throw everything away, just to please a couple ppl that had a problem with him. I have heard that some ppl in our community have been complaining to Ap or Wyz about the way Root has been admining. I dont see what you guys are complaining about. I am on playing CSS when i can, but when i am on(which is like all the time right now, being i am unemployed)Root is on, and he has the nerves to sit down and explain to noobs, nubs, nibs, or what ever they are called, the way we play.

The CSS servers are going under, and admins are keeping it afloat! Many of you are just going to say, Monkz is just a stupid lil kid and doesnt know what he is talking about.. Well idont really care what you think. The Servers are going down, because everyone wants there own way, and if they dont get that way then someone has to pay. As of right now that someone is Root. I know that it is a hard job being an Admin, yet no one really gives them credit.

From the day i started playing on our Servers, i thought it was the best damn gameplay i have ever played. Just guess who was admining that night. Guess who sat down with me and explained out everything i needed to know to play on these servers. Well if ya guessed root then you were right. Root is the reason why I am here. I know many of you can say the same. Give the admins a break, And just play the game!

I am seriuosly tired of all the bull**** that is being rumored around and talked about behind someones back...

I dont think i want to play counterstrike much longer with TG. I did at one time love this place. I loved everyone in it. Now, TONIGHT, Pissed me off. I hope everyone in the forums reads this. And decides to get along.

If we arent going to get along. THEN I AM GONE! Hope yall have fun playing, because i dont want to be here!

-MonkZ
    Allen: Yeah, you're right.
    Monkerz: I think "that" in its self proves my intelligence greater than yours, thus joo have just been pwnt by Monkerz!

Re: What is EVERYONES Problem?

I wish you hadn't posted that here monkerz. I know you're trying to help but....

Root
    BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

I am not trying to help! I am trying to get us to onceagain get together as a family...

And if we cant bond together, to what we were when i joined...

Then i seriously dont want to be involved anymore...
      Allen: Yeah, you're right.
      Monkerz: I think "that" in its self proves my intelligence greater than yours, thus joo have just been pwnt by Monkerz!

Comment

i agree with what your saying monkerz. i started playing CSS last week and Root explained everything to me, helped me out with learning stuff for being temp admin. he showed me what CSS at TG should be like. but people are starting to turn into frag monkeys, throwing frags in rooms with hosties and such. but also like Root said, maybe not the best place to post this.

Comment

Please refer to my signature concerning this issue.
          It's a game. Keep it real. Keep it fun.

-Keith

Comment

You know monkerz ive been playing here for quite a long time.I think ive left tg about 2 or 3 times but sooner or later I always come back and continue to enjoy it.So maybe it is better if you take a break and get some fresh air and then come back later on.It really does help.

Comment

Don't listen to Batman, he is the Father of all lies.

Oh, and somehow this is all Ender's fault.

Comment

I don't really know what's going on, but in general I see that people are really trying to push the rules further and further, question just about everything, and then get upset when they get pushed back.

The server needs rules, else it just falls into chaos. Root is very dilligent about ensuring that we all enjoy a game where our rules are clearly defined, which allows us to focus on the gameplay. Admins have a tough job trying to keep everyone happy, and in fact, it's just not possible to keep everyone happy in a community with this many people.

So, the players need to cut everyone some slack, both their fellow players and the admins. The rules are not going to be tailored around any particular player. The admins are here for everyone's benefit, often sacrificing their gametime so that others may have a better time here. And I challenge anyone to find a better CSS server anywhere.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

If possible we should have a "@pmAdmin_Root I dont like your call on that. Why did you do that?" system in place, so that troubles can be settled immediately, but without bringing everyone in. I personally havent noticed any problems, but then I havent been here long, so I dont have much to gauge situations against.

Comment

Originally posted by Karkianman101
                    @pmAdmin_Root
                    @pmadmin _____ would be an awesome thing...

i believe root and i had a disjointed and confusing conversation about this once....

Comment

Originally posted by Tempus
                      I don't really know what's going on, but in general I see that people are really trying to push the rules further and further, question just about everything, and then get upset when they get pushed back.

The server needs rules, else it just falls into chaos. Root is very dilligent about ensuring that we all enjoy a game where our rules are clearly defined, which allows us to focus on the gameplay. Admins have a tough job trying to keep everyone happy, and in fact, it's just not possible to keep everyone happy in a community with this many people.

So, the players need to cut everyone some slack, both their fellow players and the admins. The rules are not going to be tailored around any particular player. The admins are here for everyone's benefit, often sacrificing their gametime so that others may have a better time here. And I challenge anyone to find a better CSS server anywhere.
                      Well said..

The rules have been defined based on years of experience and trying different alternatives. The rules are not defined based on public debates, arguments with admins, or the likings of a couple individual players. The rules in place are there to endorse the type of play in CS:Source that Tactical Gamer supports.
                      Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

monkerz, clam down. "I" don't think there was a problem.

i acknowledge root as an excellent admin here. i was playing a little last night too and i remembered a little something that happened:

i was playing with my friend "uchiha obito" and this guy turtle_something was being a wreckless player and continuously disobeyed the rules. later on though, he deliberately TKed my friend and root booted him.

i wasn't "protesting," but i was just a bit confused and i suppose i was not sure if it was necessary to take such a harsh step. he told me "nightfire, you do not tell an admin what to do."

normally, people would think that he's trying to be "bitchy" but i understand what he was trying to say and you know wut?
                        i replied "sorry, please forgive me for my rudeness."

i don't think root is a bad admin, in fact, i think he is an excellent admin whom i recognize. apophis and wyzcrak probably promoted him because they saw him as a potential to be a good server rule enforcer AND a good player.

i have nothing against Root.

about the familiy thing:
                        monkerz, if we weren't together as a familiy, "I" would have been long gone. but because of our bond and friendship, I was still able to stay here.

Comment

Personally. The only thing I would love to see, is a TIGHTER rein on some of the folks that come in, starting B******* about a. freeze time, b. boundries, c. how g** our server is, they get warned, then keep running their fingers and I know we are persistent in "explaining" the rules to them, and landmine or 2. So there is a vote on the other end, but then again, when I bring up the other end, it generally doesn't go well. :)

Comment

I think the only reason that I haven't paid to become a supporting member is that I don't enjoy the TG servers as much as I used to back in the Network 42 days. I don't know if it's just that the community has grown so much and I don't know everyone here, but there seems to be quite a bit of elitism depending who's playing according to rules for gameplay/ gamestyle. I'm not talking about admining at all, I have had zero problems with any of the admins giving up their own time to make play time better for us.

Just for instance, I can be playing for hours on the server and cross a "line" once and get reemed for it because I got the upper hand on the opposing team. Not a " hey nice maneuver," but more like, "wtf are you doing?"

Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy a game here once in awhile, but no where near as enjoyable as it used to be.

The Muffin Man

Comment

Originally posted by The Muffin Man
                              I think the only reason that I haven't paid to become a supporting member is that I don't enjoy the TG servers as much as I used to back in the Network 42 days. I don't know if it's just that the community has grown so much and I don't know everyone here, but there seems to be quite a bit of elitism depending who's playing according to rules for gameplay/ gamestyle. I'm not talking about admining at all, I have had zero problems with any of the admins giving up their own time to make play time better for us.

Just for instance, I can be playing for hours on the server and cross a "line" once and get reemed for it because I got the upper hand on the opposing team. Not a " hey nice maneuver," but more like, "wtf are you doing?"

Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy a game here once in awhile, but no where near as enjoyable as it used to be.
                              Things are a lot different from the old XLII.COM / Network 42 Tactical Gaming days. (For those that don't remember those days, we're talking MANY years ago, before we re-branded and became Tactical Gamer). Back then we used to have the application process that people needed to go through in order to play. It was easy to see right off the bat who had the right mindset to play PCS and who didn't. It was also a lot easier to manage the ruleset because the PCS players weren't questioning the rules every other day and trying to debate their way around them. We also had a greater position of trust amongst the players and understood that the other team WOULD be acting as a team and would be performing legitimate tactics rather than the lone-gunman style stuff we see now with a lot of the pubbies and/or confused members. The average age of the players has also gotten a LOT younger than it used to be, so that could also be a factor.

The big question is, what can we do to bring back the style of play that we used to have? Do we need to re-institute the application process? That took an awful lot of grassroots marketing to get off the ground, and A.G.H.L.C.S. was a lot more active in those days and we got the word out to a lot more people.
                              Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X