Crazy Nades

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crazy Nades

I must have threw 6 or 7 nades out the window on Havana... the CTs didnít like it.

After asking, I was told that its not allowed, but then I thought about it... I wasted a lot of money in the process, so why is it not allowed?
    Steam Community: | |

Re: Crazy Nades

I've been told that buying more than two grenades in a round isn't allowed, but I can't seem to find a documented rule. Help? I thought I read this somewhere, but maybe not?
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

kormendi was told he was in violation of server rules. Instead of bitching or questioning, he apologized and later brought his questions to the forums.

Exemplary form. Well done.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Haha, amx_pwnt 1 !

Comment

I'm not sure if it's documented or not. IMO, I would consider it exploiting the buy zones on the map.
          |TG-12th| asch
          sigpic

Comment

Are you talking about mine and root's comments? I was joking, and I figured Root was too... I dont have any problem with nade buying. Its no worse than being out of pistol ammo and no primary, last t, while all the cts have full health and paras.

Comment

I think there have been previous threads about nade spamming.

nade spamming = constanly purchasing nades and tossing them.

I thought the outcome was that they were frowned upon. I'll have to search more.
              |TG-12th| asch
              sigpic

Comment

I think the map cs_assault was what finally made us decide to issue a rule on this. Ts were just constantly buying HE grenades and throwing them down the vents and along the ceiling over and over and over... So, we decided that a limit of two grenades per person per round was reasonable.

Since Source came out, this hasn't really come up. Nor has the one-man-boost rule, either.
                Become a supporting member!
                Buy a Tactical Duck!
                Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Here's the question: WHY is it frowned upon and was kormendi propogating that why in his actions?

Comment

I dunno...he had a box of grenades by him and had the ability to...so he threw a couple nades out the window...i usually dont buy more than 1...unless there is someone around the corner from my spawn and i have time(those are the best kills)...there is a point where the buying ends too...

Comment

Found this quote from Cingular Duality. I've quoted this before, and played by it....
                      Maybe I've been wrong

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/showthr...enade+spamming

Those are not the only arguments being presented.

But if they were, I would agree with you on your second point. Team deathmatch can have an awesome amount of teamwork, but we don't want that here. We want objectives-based teamplay here. On your first point, I feel for you. We're working on updating the FAQ (K2 the Turtle just did a great edit of them). I don't think the updated guidelines will please you, though. They're not going to say: "No PCS player shall ever move more than 46 feet away from their defensive objective." The game is more dynamic than that, and as such requires subjective enforcement of our style of play. Look, regulars on our server aren't a problem. PCS players that want to play like we do will stick around and know what they have to do. Yes, we'll have limits pushed, but instead of getting up in arms about the fact that there's no rule that covers that particular situation, we'll have a discussion about it here. No big deal. The guidelines are for new people that come to TG trying to find out what PCS is all about. Without getting too specific, our FAQ conveys the spirit of PCS quite well. It will be obvious to someone that thinks camping is evil that this is NOT the server for them. And it will be obvious to someone that is sick of deathmatch and enjoys objectives-based teamplay that this IS the server for them... In general, I don't think we need "rules". We've had a few hard and fast rules: No two man boosts (one man boosts are OK). No grenade spamming (if you're defending someplace that is also a buy zone, you can't buy more than two grenades). No planting the bomb in places that it can't be defused by a single CT, etc...

Comment

Well, we allow the buy time to be very long so that teams have a chance to buy the right gear for their plan. The other option would be to restrict buy time to 20 extra seconds after the round starts, which considering our freezetime is a damn good idea.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Aren't there times where nade spamming is a valid tactic? Take compound - if the CT's were to buy smokes, put them into the compound and then buy more until the area is full of smoke, and then use that for cover to move in. It would be a pretty costly tactic, but the payoff would be worth it if all the hostages were rescued.

Root
                          BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Short of a rule prohibiting it, it could be valid at times. Few things are absolute.

Comment

What is our buy time now, and why is it so long? Should the fact that our freeze time is extra long have any bearing on that?

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X