Tournament - Double Elimination

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tournament - Double Elimination

With the last tournament but a fading memory, the next tournament is about to start.. It will be slightly different from the last one in a few important areas, so please pay attention:

-- It will be double elimination. What this means is that when a team loses twice, it will be eliminated.

-- Matches will be played on Tuesday and Thursday nights, with matches at 8:30 or 10:00 EDT. However, to add flexibility, teams may reschedule their match if both teams agree on another day/time in advance.

-- Matches will begin on time.

-- The tourney will start on the week beginning May 15th.

-- Due to the new double elimination format, scoring will be different. Details will come soon.

Other than that, everything will be the same. Each team will require at least 3 supporting members. I recommend that when selecting teammates, you take into consideration their reliability in showing up for matches as well as their teamwork.

If you would like to start a team of your own, let me know ASAP. All team captains must let me know before starting a team.

Any questions, please post them here.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Re: Tournament - Double Elimination

Because of how lop sided the previous torunament was, I think it would be cool to do this one more like a Captain's game. Everyone who wants to be on a team throws their hat in the ring and then the captain's round robin till the teams are picked. It wasn't a whole lot of fun just getting beat up every week on ~(E)vil~ but a couple of us showed up week after week to be everyone elses whipping boys. I just think this would make the games more competitive.

Comment

Hmmm..... I think that one problem was that half of E just never cared much. I expect things to be different this time.

Also, some players like to play with their buddies.. But, I'm open to suggestions.. Anybody else have thoughts on this?

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Where do we sign up?

Comment

If you want to be on a team, go ahead and say so here. If you want to start a team (or be a captain), you must be a supporting member. Just let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by Tempus
            If you want to be on a team, go ahead and say so here. If you want to start a team (or be a captain), you must be a supporting member. Just let me know.
            Well, I am a supporting member, but I don't want to herd cats, so no team captaincy for me. If any existing or new team needs a member, or an alternate, I'm in!

Comment

I don't believe the teams were particularly unbalanced. Some teams spent quite a bit of time and effort going over the map for the week, determining strats and the best ways to overcome any weaknesses they had. Given a fairly even playing field the team that does this is the one that will come out ahead.
              Twisted Firestarter
              a.k.a |TG| Harkonian
              sigpic

Comment

sounds good to me. i'd suggest making it so that none of the teams from last time can form up again, caue that would just be stupid. well i could be around for the first 2, maybe 3 weeks of the tourney if it starts on that date. so i would love to be on a team while i am here.

Comment

From my understanding, there were at least 2 teams that played together quite regularly on other servers. Did I hear wrong? Were all teams only formed to play in that particular tournament and had never played on a formal tourney team together before?

Comment

Originally posted by Buck Fush
                    From my understanding, there were at least 2 teams that played together quite regularly on other servers. Did I hear wrong? Were all teams only formed to play in that particular tournament and had never played on a formal tourney team together before?
                    All teams were formed just for the purpose of the tournament.

Comment

I'm in...
                      And am going to take a stab at getting a bunch of the TGS guys together... (w/ 3 supporting members)...
                      Unless someone says no....

and before the last tourney we had played with each other but not with each other.... :icon_lol:

Comment

Originally posted by Tempus
                        Hmmm..... I think that one problem was that half of E just never cared much.

That may be so, or just got tired of having one person dictate plans and that be it. If a plan doesn't work the first time, I guess the odds are it has to work eventually right?

It became more of a headache towards the end of the tourny than what it was worth.

The Muffin Man

Comment

Originally posted by Buck Fush
                          Team Darwin consisted of 6 (7 if you include Batman) regular Natural Selection players. Hence, why when we were Team D, I coined: Team Darwin.

Wyzcrak wanted NS > CS: Nice Shots beat Crappy Shots. Man, he must have been on drugs that night.

Comment

I can play this time. If any new players (or those who just didn't play in the last tourney) want to be on a team, PM me and we'll get a new team going. Please include how available you are for the above-mentioned match times.

Comment

Sure, i'll be in

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse