de_toxin and de_cookcounty

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• de_toxin and de_cookcounty

Hello I am new to your servers but I am really glad to see that you guys play custom maps. I recently stumbled onto this map in the steampowered mapping forums that you guys might really enjoy. It's called de_toxin and you can download it here. It's a really fine looking map, on par with the likes of de_penstock.

Here is another map: de_cookcounty that is not out yet but I think it would fit into your style of game play. It's a map of open city blocks were a team can approach from multiple angles. Keep your eyes peeled for this map, it might be a fun time.

Thanks for listening
    -grc

Re: de_toxin and de_cookcounty

i took a quick look at de_toxin and the main problem i saw with it was that CT spawn was right beside bomb site B. and i mean right beside, about 10 steps and your in the bomb site.

Comment

Haven't looked at the map, but that's not necessarily a disqualifier; there are maps where the CT's spawn AT the bomb site.

Thanks for the info cobaltgrc.
      Dirt013

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom
        i took a quick look at de_toxin and the main problem i saw with it was that CT spawn was right beside bomb site B. and i mean right beside, about 10 steps and your in the bomb site.
        i dont see how that is a problem...could you explain more?

Comment

Originally posted by section-8
          i dont see how that is a problem...could you explain more?
          I'm also confused by this comment..

cbble - spawn at A
          prodigy - spawn at B
          menace - spawn very close to B
          aztec - spawn very close to A
          dust 2 - spawn very close to A
          penstock - spawn at A

These maps all work fine. Chateau, where the T's can get to A and plant faster than the CT's can get there, can turn into a very boring rushfest.

Root
          BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

i'm even confused on why i wrote that. LOL. i think i was half dead when i wrote that so you can just ignore it. cause i sure as heck am ignoring it.

Comment

yeah there is nothing wrong with where the bomb sites are. Having one bomb site next to the CT spawn is classic map design.

Alright so besides that what did you think of the map Phantom?

Comment

now that i'm actually awake i looked at the map again. it looks pretty nice. but hard to tell how it would play without seeing it on the server and people trying it out. quite a few nice hiding spots and the bomb sites are spread fairly nicely. i say we try it out at least once with a bunch of regulars that have an open mind and see how it goes.

Comment

also, in the vein of maps to look at, can an admin get a hold of de_lochs2 and see how it stands up w/ PCS rules?

Comment

That de_crookcounty (crook not cook :)) looks pretty bloody good. It's big and it's urban, two of my favourite qualities in a map. Ooo i do love urban.

i can't wait to try it out, and really hoping it fits our style.

Just downloaded de_toxin, gonna try that out tonight.

Comment

Ah right, crookcounty. I lived around Chicago for the first part of my life so my eyes read Cook county.

anyway if you guys like big maps you might want to ceck out de_kilo2. This map is pretty sweet.. it takes place in a russian sub base and the Terrorists have to blow up one of the two Kilo Class Nuclear subs. The animation for when they get blown up is pretty sweet. The one sub that's in the water actually sinks. check it out.

Comment

yea when it was cook county i was like wtf, they made a map of some part of cook county.... lived in suburbs of chitown for a while... but anyway that map looks awesome
                        E-[h4x] TG CS:S Tourny Champs

Comment

did de_toxin ever make it into your rotation? Sorry, I've been studying for finals so I haven't been able to check.

Comment

Originally posted by 9 v
                            Just downloaded de_toxin, gonna try that out tonight.
                            So, what's the verdict? :D

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

i played crookcounty tonight, i liked it. i think that im going to like it better when there are more players (it was 2v2), and i can get a feel for the map (it seems really big).

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X