|no mic|

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• |no mic|

Having no mic, or more accurately, having a mic but unable to use it, it is seriously beginning to get to me.

As the standard of play, namely teamwork, for the most part on TG servers is gets better every day, i find that having no mic is becoming more of an issue for me and is spoiling my games considerably. In fact, i'm playing quite a lot less than i'd like because of it.

It's like watching you all climbing aboard a bus heading to Teamworksville, and fumbling around for my ticket which is only ever sometimes there.

Now, as ridiculous as this seems, the only solution i can come up with that might work, is.....this is so ridiculous idea i can hardly bring myself to say it....is a pilot's mask.

There. i said it. Yes, a pilot's mask. i;m thinking that maybe if i had a good pilots mask i could talk in a normal tone and volume but the mask would dampen down the sound. Having no experience of wearing such a thing (apart from a rubber fetish party back in '92) i've no idea whether this would even work.

If it did, i'd be sorted. G/F asleep and happy, teammates hearing what i'm saying, being able to say Bomb Down! without it being followed by an imtemperate bang on the ceiling. It'd be heaven.

So, i know we have military types here, any of you pilots, or tank commanders that could tell me if this could work?

Customer: Hi, i just got my chicken char sui and spring rolls.
    Chinese Take Away: Is everything ok?
    Customer: Well, the chicken tastes rubbery.
    Chinese Take Away: Oh! Thank you very much!

Re: |no mic|

Originally posted by 9 v
    the only solution i can come up with that might work, is.....this is so ridiculous idea i can hardly bring myself to say it....is a pilot's mask.
    I believe that's called innovation.

Originally posted by 9 v
    (apart from a rubber fetish party back in '92)
    So who wants to take 9's place in team A?

Root
    BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

:D

btw, why doesnt your mic work, and why cant you just get a new one?

Comment

Karkian man read the post. sheesh. His G/F is trying to sleep late at night so he can't be talking and keeping her awake.

Comment

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...516648-6791001

:)

Comment

you could just make a rubber cup to fit over your mouth, kind of like they used in WW2 for tank communication. Either way I want to see a picture of the final solution.

Comment

Ah. I didnt make the connection between G/F and girlfriend.

Comment

yeah i guess those without one don't make the connection easily :P

Comment

Alright... air force flyer here...

A helmet is pretty expenisve...im assuming you are talking the helmet plus ox mask configuration that has a mic attached to it? We dont use them anymore(my plane is a big fat lug...we just have quick-don masks now...which might work for you too). Yer lookin at about a grand (thats what they told us they cost...) Plus the mask plus the mic cord plus the military-commerical transfer....its a good idea...i wish i could use my 250$ headphone and mic for gaming but the cord is wrong...about 100 bucks to change over from military...

so on to the quickdon mask....
                  http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...529618001&rd=1
                  this might work for you....still have the problem of the jack not working but if your savvy you can do it yourself with a trip to radio shack...

pm with any questions

edit: could also try a throat mic...but i believe this also entails you talking...maybe you could make up some manual morse and have your team learn it...lol...

cheap solution:

have the woman wear ear plugs...how f'ing hard is that?

more edit:
                  http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...spagename=WDVW
                  check that out...cheap at only 415$...

another
                  http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW
                  that one is at 130 bucks with only 5 days to go...

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom
                    yeah i guess those without one don't make the connection easily :P
                    *cries*

you heartless person you... :(

Comment

Cover every inch of the the walls and ceiling in the room you play in with eggboxes. My old music teacher told me they make for excellent soundproofing. Or if you want style over substance, get the room soundproofed professionally :P

Root
                      BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Egg cartons filled with lead :ph34r:

Comment

Is it that bad 9? I have a g/f that sleeps at night when i play, typically after she falls asleep i can talk, just not loud. You can boost your mic up too.

- -

Comment

Tylenol PM.

Triple dose.

At dinner.

In her drink.

*shifty eyes*
                            Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Wyz, with a setup like that, surely there could be more productive things than playing CS with a bunch of sweaty nerds...

*shifty eyes*

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X