My leave.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My leave.

I've been thinking on this for a while. For the past few months, I've enjoyed the games with you guys, and killing you guys, and etc., but CSS just isn't doing it for me anymore.

I'm guessing that some of you have wondered why I'm never in the server anymore, and that's why. The game just doesn't have what it takes to satisfy my gaming needs. The breakables, graphics, and ragdolls were nice, of course. Makes for some nice screenshots, but the game really is nothing compared to other games on the market. BF1942 is such a more intense game and gaming experience that I really don't see why CS has so many players. The maps are so much wider that you can literally get lost in the desert without the map in game. The only thing it lacks is in-game comm, which that's going to be fixed on BF2. BF just dominates the market for me. I can fly, kill, drive, swim, jump hills in humvee's and land on top of Apophis' head and crush him like a little man would be crushed by a large humvee. I can have tank battles from 500 yards away. I can dive bomb tanks driving across the desert.

The game difference is there. CS was based on FPS, BF was based on war. It's kind've like comparing Doom 3 to PlanetSide.

I'm not sure that I won't be in the server every once in a while when a BF game isn't going on, but I am sure that my play time will be a LOT less on CSS.

Gg's guys.

-Mom
    Yer Mom /O>

To all but me is the look given but never received. My heart sinks faster and faster every time I look into them, yet I do not understand their controling power on my soul. - W11114m W45h1n670n

Re: My leave.

CSS is what it is. A simple FPS shooter. You are right that BFDC is a much richer experience and has so many more possibilities. As gamers, we move on to what appeals to us most, and with bf2 on the horizon, many will be making some decisions about their play time.

Anyway, it's up to us all to make the most out of our games. With CSS, we have captains games, the tourney, and hopefully an overall improvement of our normal games on a regular basis. Maybe a break, and mixing up your gaming will help you enjoy CSS for what it is.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Tempus
      CSS is what it is. A simple FPS shooter. You are right that BFDC is a much richer experience and has so many more possibilities. As gamers, we move on to what appeals to us most, and with bf2 on the horizon, many will be making some decisions about their play time.

Anyway, it's up to us all to make the most out of our games. With CSS, we have captains games, the tourney, and hopefully an overall improvement of our normal games on a regular basis. Maybe a break, and mixing up your gaming will help you enjoy CSS for what it is.
      I like both gametypes. I actually prefer Joint Ops to BFDC, but that's neither here nor there. CS:S is great for when I just want to blow off steam and not think too much. CS:S is basically:

Kit out
      Defend/obtain objective
      Try not to let my knuckles drag too much.

It's the equivalent of a gaming snickers bar; satisfying, but not a meal.

None of this really matters though. 50 Days to Battlefield 2, after that, doubt I will be playing much else between that and SWAT 4.

Comment

Yeah once i get the DC mod tomorrow i will start playing that quite a bit. And once BF2 arrives at my door all of my other games are just going to start collecting dust.

Comment

Any culture has it's own self-perpetuating base of members. Hence, the identity of that group is then defined by it's members. Once that culture begins to propagate, it attracts more members from a like-minded perspective.

In English, CS requires an average IQ of 45 to play. Hence, it's more popular. You also get an influx of people raving like rabid idiots (Just like in Quake). Games like Natural Selection and BF 1942 by contrast require a slightly higher brain-cell count. Therefore, retards are less-likely to stick with it.

CS: S is only fun for me because we perpetuate a more intelligent form of play, that and the new NS patch blows nuts.

Comment

I disagree, but...
            gg
            bye

Comment

Originally posted by RandomGuy
              I disagree, but...
              gg
              bye
              What do you disagree with?

Have you played BF:1942 at TG? It really does make CS seem mind-numbingly Quake-ish...

Comment

I played BFV here when it came out. It's a much broader experience but CS is a much deeper experience requiring more skill. I'll admit I am probably tempered by the fact that the game was unfinished when I was playing it and I'm willing to give BF2 a try when it comes out (but only one try).

Comment

i guess that's a good bye?

Comment

Originally posted by RandomGuy
                    I played BFV here when it came out. It's a much broader experience but CS is a much deeper experience requiring more skill. I'll admit I am probably tempered by the fact that the game was unfinished when I was playing it and I'm willing to give BF2 a try when it comes out (but only one try).
                    You're right, CS requires faster reflexes to be good at the game, but BF requires more thinking... Most TG members prefer the latter, I think.

Comment

And NS applies both :(

Comment

Interesting topic. I also have found my desire to play CSS waning as of late. I have been absolutely enamored with it since it's release. But I find myself playing it less, and less. I was a hard core DC player for 2 years, and I just can't wait for BF2.

A good man stands up for himself. A great man stands up for others.

Comment

bf1942:
                          everything too powerful
                          laggy as hell
                          maps take FOREVER to load
                          proper team play is so difficult its almost not worth it

have fun...ill join you when bf2 comes out

Comment

Well....i wasnt a true gamer until my junior year in high school....and half the games that we have servers for i have never even seen screen shots for.....but i do like a couple...i find myself playing CSS when the DC server is empty....and i find myself just doing stupid crap when none is online(i.e. monkerzscript)....but i think i will play all games that i can afford evenly.....I am just a try everything kinda guy....and WIll you know for damn sure you are not just going to give up CSS...you know you will get tired of worlds of warcraft just like you did Everquest and Everquest2...and come crawling back to us....

hehe

-Monkz
                            Allen: Yeah, you're right.
                            Monkerz: I think "that" in its self proves my intelligence greater than yours, thus joo have just been pwnt by Monkerz!

Comment

this got me thinking...if bf2 delivers it will pull from the CSS community...
                              wonder if valve has some trick up their sleeve...waiting on that big head-shot-box fix, choose your own skin, 101092312 other things that are wrong with css...waiting for bf2 to come out so they can release it...and BAM...

probably just wishful thinking...

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X