Hit Boxes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hit Boxes

very incriminating and eye-opening, and nice musac to!

http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=css_hit_b0x_bb

origonally posted on TGS, credits to MRG.

Re: Hit Boxes

ex_interp 0.05 will fix some of that :)

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper
      ex_interp 0.05 will fix some of that :)
      what exactly does that command do? I refuse to put anything in the console that I dont know know and understand what it means.

Comment

Adjust the hitboxes to be more accurate, but it refreshes more

Thats all :P

Comment

i tried it. It said it wasnt a known command.

Does the server use it? Cause it could explain alot of times I was speccing someone, and they shot 3 feet to the right of someone strafing ftk.

BTW, setting a bot to easy with only a knife is the most fun you will ever have :P

I'm gonna go set an expert bot with knife vs an easy bot with guns.

Comment

Maybe it isn't in CS: S.. it was in a few other games though..

ahh well

Comment

I always knew that, you can see it, and others that know it do very well. It's ridiculous. One of the reasons why i can't stand the mechanics of the game atm. I play through it but it's still frustrating as hell.

- -

Comment

And everyone wonders why I spray bullets so much on this ISDN when I'm already fighting a consistant 5 (40 max) choke.

Comment

Here's another interesting article on hitboxes:

http://www.pro-hl.com/column_bomberman_1.shtml
                  Twisted Firestarter
                  a.k.a |TG| Harkonian
                  sigpic

Comment

See this is why i suck so bad...everyone else is compensating for hit boxes...I am shooting the player....

If this was fixed...ID OWN!!!

hehe

-Monkz
                    Allen: Yeah, you're right.
                    Monkerz: I think "that" in its self proves my intelligence greater than yours, thus joo have just been pwnt by Monkerz!

Comment

If you read the article linked to by Twisted, there it says that compensation is not needed.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Tempus
                        If you read the article linked to by Twisted, there it says that compensation is not needed.
                        The article says that you do not need to lead the target to compensate for "lag."

The video shows clearly that you *do* need to lead the target to compensate for what looks like some kind of motion-prediction in the hitboxes.

Different points, but the video's conclusion is far more convincing. The only doubt I have left is whether real players have the same "hitbox leading the model" behavior that the video's bots do.
                        "Hardly used" will not fetch a better price for your brain.

Comment

I would be interested enough to ask Wyz if he would try it sometime....turn the hitboxes on and a group of regs play.

My jaw is still on the ground after that video!

Comment

With my current cs config (set for cable internet) I tried what the video suggesting using a listen server and I could verify the "problem" but only when close-range circle strafing.

It says nothing about playing on a properly set up internet server. As far as I can tell the lag compensastion was working perfectly considering I did not change any server settings (ie to local-connection values).

To my knowledge valve uses the best lag compensation methods for internet play of any game.

Comment

Note that the video refers to a server they themself hosted, with only one bot. This results in absolutely no lag, only computer slowdown. The hitboxes are compensation for lag - you ever see everyone with an honest 5 ping? No, so there is lag. Hence the hitboxes situation.

...but leading your shot a bit does seem to work.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X